Your single most prized history of hockey possession?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Its nothing to brag about but I got a pic with Dan Carcillo and the cup in 2013, probably going to get another this year. I got the championship hat signed but the sig wore off in the rain :(

Pominville Knows

Sep 28, 2012
Down Under
Its nothing to brag about but I got a pic with Dan Carcillo and the cup in 2013, probably going to get another this year. I got the championship hat signed but the sig wore off in the rain :(
Yes that's true. That must be my item, the picture with the cup from the same party as you in 2013, but in Kungälv, Sweden when Stålberg had it there. He was a nice old fella Mr Stanley, although not as old as he claims to be but they did a fair job faking the earliest engravings on the cup itself. But still depressing that neither of Richard, Howe or Hull ever partied with it, at least when being active players.

Last edited:

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
uiEtjP.jpg

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Had my rookie stick signed by Teemu Selanne in his rookie season. Went down to the old Jets arena when I was 7 and met and got autographs from pretty much the entire Jets team. Teemu also signed a rookie card of his, even though he was "scared he'd devalue the card by signing it". Ya, alright there Teemu..

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
^^^ What is that FJ? Part of a Blue Seat from the Gardens?

Top plate from the original dasher boards from the Air Canada Center. Printed a logo, sandwiched it between a piece of quarter inch plastic and lexan, cut the top plate to the same dimensions and cut out with a circular saw to make a pair of coffee table coasters.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Top plate from the original dasher boards from the Air Canada Center...

Oh right right. You mentioned that up-page earlier. Had made some coasters from the ACC's old dashers.... and speaking of woodwork, friend of mine has a cottage on one of the Gulf Islands in Georgia Straight. I guess about 2500 sq ft..... at anyrate, collected old broken wooden hockey sticks over many years & bought up old un-used new stock, everything from vintage Wallys' & CCM's to Northlands, Vic's, Sher-Woods, Koho's, Torspos', Montreal Surprise, Louisville Sluggers, you name it but none of them colored or painted as some mfgs' started doing in the 70's & 80's, natural wood. Did the flooring in this place including all the decking along with various pieces of furniture using these 1000's of old, some busted, some mint sticks & just cut the blades off, light sanding. Left the logos on, just clear stain & sealing. Some beautiful Muskoka Chairs built out of Goalie sticks etc incorporating the blades as back feet including being taped appropriately. All kinds of memorabilia on the walls. Old table top hockey games hung like art, game used sticks, gloves, skates etc etc etc. Done to the absolutely highest standards of craftsmanship, really pretty incredible.

Last edited:

pappyline

Jul 3, 2005
Mass/formerly Ont
Oh right right. You mentioned that up-page earlier. Had made some coasters from the ACC's old dashers.... and speaking of woodwork, friend of mine has a cottage on one of the Gulf Islands in Georgia Straight. I guess about 2500 sq ft..... at anyrate, collected old broken wooden hockey sticks over many years & bought up old un-used new stock, everything from vintage Wallys' & CCM's to Northlands, Vic's, Sher-Woods, Koho's, Torspos', Montreal Surprise, Louisville Sluggers, you name it but none of them colored or painted as some mfgs' started doing in the 70's & 80's, natural wood. Did the flooring in this place including all the decking along with various pieces of furniture using these 1000's of old, some busted, some mint sticks & just cut the blades off, light sanding. Left the logos on, just clear stain & sealing. Some beautiful Muskoka Chairs built out of Goalie sticks etc incorporating the blades as back feet including being taped appropriately. All kinds of memorabilia on the walls. Old table top hockey games hung like art, game used sticks, gloves, skates etc etc etc. Done to the absolutely highest standards of craftsmanship, really pretty incredible.
Killion

I have a similar story. Back in the days I lived in Ontario, I had a friend who did something like that. He used old hockey sticks as wainscoting on the walls of his basement rec room. Each one cut precisely, the blades removed with the logos showing. On the walls he had all kinds of old hockey photos many of them beehives.

He also had some artifacts from the Detroit Olympia. Seats, boards and a phone booth are the things I remember. Apparently after the Olympia closed it was left vacant for a time. He had a buddy in the Detroit area. They broke in and found many derelicts living there. While his buddy stood guard with a tire iron, he gathered his artifacts. They loaded them into his station wagon and he headed to the border. The car was so full of stuff that he was scrunched into the Drivers seat. At the border they asked him what he had in the back specifically "Is that a phone booth you got back there". He extracted himself from the car to explain the situation. They just shook their heads & waved him through.

This guy was an ex high level goalie like yourself.

sharkhawk

Jun 1, 2013
Aurora, IL
A stick signed by almost all the members of the 72 blackhawks. Pat White and Whitey Stapleton opened an ice rink about a mile from my house, We went and got the stick signed, plus an autograph book.

Also have a couple of bricks from the old Chicago Stadium. Picked up from the site when they were tearing it down.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
...He had a buddy in the Detroit area. They broke in and found many derelicts living there. While his buddy stood guard with a tire iron... At the border they asked him what he had in the back specifically "Is that a phone booth you got back there". He extracted himself from the car to explain the situation. They just shook their heads & waved him through.

.... :laugh: fun story. and ya, the old Olympia was left vacant & derelict for quite some time, shelter for the homeless,
lair for criminal activities.... and sure enough, you try that at a Border Crossing today? dont think so. car impounded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad