Mar 30, 2009
OK, GET OUT!

vh701o7yo6751.jpg

Reactions: Oddbob

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
My 2nd favorite NHL team has always been the Islanders, even during the Milbury years. I think Trotz makes for hard to watch hockey, but Barzal is a really exciting player and I think under any other system would be an 80+ point center.

I kind of want to keep up with Buffalo just to watch the pending implosion. They bought a 2nd line this offseason but their defense and goaltending are hot garbage so watching Buffalo is just pure schadenfreude.
speaking of Milbury, he just got fired/canceled

Mike Milbury is out at NBC

upload_2021-1-11_11-25-29.png

Last edited:

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
I have young kids and usually don't get to turn on the TV until after the east coast games are over because it takes forever to get them to sleep. So most of the games I watch are west coast games, I'm bummed there won't be any out of division games this year. I don't know enough about who went where in the offseason, but last year I really enjoyed watching Calgary, Vegas, Edmonton and Vancouver.

Reactions: MBH

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
It's an easy mistake. That's what the underline was for. I can see now my efforts were a fruitless endeavor. :laugh:
I saw the original link in a quote of your post that didn't show the picture, in my defense. So I looked at the article then clicked the link to your post to quote it.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
From NHL, it has been lately Winnipeg. I was a Byfuglien fan before, and then Laine joined. If Laine gets traded, think my Winnipeg fan days are over, both gone.

Think NY Rangers will be most interesting at this season, hell of an offence, offensive defence and bad defensive defence. Should be fun high-scoring games. No matter who wins.

Also like of the Islanders. And more and more, I think that team is the way how our team will also be built in the future.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Obviously Detroit, Tampa and Winnipeg for me. Detroit because obviously it's my former home. Tampa because i'm a 40 year Floridian and Winnipeg due to the Detroit connection of Kyle Connor and Connor Hellebuyck and Andrew Copp
Don't forget Scheifele is one of us. Don't want to look up the quotes but his dad was a wings fan and he was subsequently raised right.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
From NHL, it has been lately Winnipeg. I was a Byfuglien fan before, and then Laine joined. If Laine gets traded, think my Winnipeg fan days are over, both gone.

Think NY Rangers will be most interesting at this season, hell of an offence, offensive defence and bad defensive defence. Should be fun high-scoring games. No matter who wins.

Also like of the Islanders. And more and more, I think that team is the way how our team will also be built in the future.
Interesting you mention that...NYI assist coach Lane Lambert (a Trotz padawan) is said to be the #1 choice of Grand Master Y this summer.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Edmonton, Vancouver and LA have the players and front office personnel I like. I don't know if they are second teams, I don't care enough whether they win or not enough.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
My only real interest is how the Redwings collect talent to become a cup contending team again. I just don't have the time like I did back in school where some seasons I watched almost every game. I can catch a game here and there but I don't really have room for other teams.

I might check in with Edm every now and then because it's interesting to see what Holland is up to. But nothing regular.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Uuh, what a show from Laine. Goal with first shot of the season, nice 1st assist on PP and ends the game with OT winner.

Yeah, not trade for that guy if he ever comes available. :)

He is on his prime now. Complete player.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
2nd team: the Kings.Really like their drafting and talent at center. They could turn things around in a hurry.
3rd: Vancouver. I am a huge Quinn Hughes fan. I watched him a lot when he was at Michigan and it was obvious he was going to be a star. Hockey is supposed to be fun and he makes it fun.

Reactions: Sir Savage the 21st

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Moved to Phoenix in '10. Started going to Wings games out here and kept going back. Not a lot of excitement on the ice out here but always a few players I liked. Biz is a treasure.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
Patrice Bergeron und Victor Hedman for me. Whenever I get the chance I watch them play. So Boston and Tampa. ;)

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
We may have lost last night, but at least I got to see Buffalo snatch defeat from the jaws of victory as well!

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Ok I'm liking the underdog Senators here boy. Batherson 121st in 2017? Cried myself to sleep.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Wasn't Batherson fairly well known.
In the draft? I'm not sure, I knew he was doing good in the AHL last couple years but last night he looked like ....real good, in the NHL. Was impressed with him and it hurts knowing we took Zablocki 79(ish)

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Edmonton, because I've sort of had them as my #2 since the 90s. I also sort of like pulling for the expansion teams like Arizona, Columbus, Nashville, and Florida. I think it's because I've seen people complain about them over the years as if having a team in a non-traditional market is an affront to the sport and I like seeing their fans get something to cheer for when they have taken so much crap from fans of teams in "traditional" areas.
That's the irony of fans of teams in non-traditional markets. They get grief and called fairweather fans but in those markets the opposite is generally true.

You can't passively follow a hockey team in a non-traditional market because you'll never hear about them. They're not all over the news, on every tv you walk by, don't have fans everywhere to make smalltalk with. You have to make a concerted effort to follow the team so the fans tend to be more hardcore.

It's one thing to walk into a bar in a major market and watch the hockey game that's already on every television. It's a whole other thing to walk into a bar and ask them to change over from some boring NBA game people are watching so you can see your hockey team.

Reactions: Winger98

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->