Your Second/Third Teams This Year

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Obviously, you're following the DRW, or you wouldn't be here.
What other teams are you following closely this year?

For me:
LA Kings: Athanasiou. Vilardi. Frk. Byfield (not there yet, but still). They've got a lot of players I like.
Carolina: Mrazek. ASvech. Necas. Teravainen. Slavin. Lots of players I like there.

Been a fan of the Habs for a long time, so I always like to watch them.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I’m intrigued by Buffalo this year. I’d assume Cozens is a regular this year, Hall is in town.

I hope for Eichel’s sake Buffalo can put together a solid season.

jaster

Might be back on probation.
Jun 8, 2007
None. I'll watch whatever hockey is on, but I actually don't really care about any other roster than Detroit's. So, I guess the best quality hockey that is on?

Yeah, same. I often find myself tuning into games that include players on my fantasy teams. But that aside, there are players I like on Columbus (PLD, Werenski), Carolina (Svech, Necas), Colorado (McKinnon, Makar), and Vancouver (Petterson, Quinn).... those teams will probably catch my attention a few times when the Wings aren't on.

Air Budd Dwyer

Feb 11, 2012
Detroit
None. I like one team. I have friends who like and root for multiple teams in all sports and I don’t get it. I like the Red Wings, Lions, Tigers, Pistons, and Wolverines. All other teams, along with their rosters, fans, and all other personnel can fall off a cliff for all I care.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
Any shl club with a Detroit prospect on the roster.

Then like always I like rooting against certain NHL teams more than anything else.

Like I hate the bruins only slightly less then I love the wings.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Question - What's the main (legal) way all of youse outside of Michigan watch games? NHL Single Team pass? Or perhaps fubo or Hulu?

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Buffalo and Jersey have always been my fall-back teams to root for in the playoffs. L.A. is about the only team I like in the west but their pull for me now is much different than MBH's. Their prospect pool of Turcotte, Akil Thomas and Kaliev keeps me on the hook. Those are guys I really liked watching at the amateur level.

Hmmm, every NHL I like seems to suck right now.

Reactions: MBH

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
As much as it instinctively doesn't feel right - Colorado. If Edmonton had more interesting players outside of McDavid (and Drai) I'd probably watch them a lot more.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Buffalo this year

After the hiring of Kevyn Adams and the absolute gutting of most of their front office, I had a lot of interest in how their ownership would move forward

The chatter around the Pegulas certainly has been interesting

Also they have an apparent coach and GM killer in Eichel, has made for a lot of turbulent offseasons lately

Add in the Hall signing to top it off, and I'm intrigued for their upcoming season

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
For me its Vancouver & Philly, and I'm always interested in the Leafs as I'm forced to watch them play alot when I'm with the in-laws.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Edmonton, because I've sort of had them as my #2 since the 90s. I also sort of like pulling for the expansion teams like Arizona, Columbus, Nashville, and Florida. I think it's because I've seen people complain about them over the years as if having a team in a non-traditional market is an affront to the sport and I like seeing their fans get something to cheer for when they have taken so much crap from fans of teams in "traditional" areas.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Montreal: I married a Canadian who is a Habs fan
Colorado/Winnipeg: These are ties for me. I like the makeup of both teams and they both have former Mooseheads players on them (Mackinnon/Ehlers), of which I used to be (and will be soon again) a season ticket holder.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Battle of Alberta

Looking forward to some crazy shit that you know will happen when Tkachuk starts running anyone wearing an Oiler jersey.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
I like Vancouver and were my playoff darlings last year.

Also like the Florida Panthers.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Obviously Detroit, Tampa and Winnipeg for me. Detroit because obviously it's my former home. Tampa because i'm a 40 year Floridian and Winnipeg due to the Detroit connection of Kyle Connor and Connor Hellebuyck and Andrew Copp

Reactions: Henkka

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
My 2nd favorite NHL team has always been the Islanders, even during the Milbury years. I think Trotz makes for hard to watch hockey, but Barzal is a really exciting player and I think under any other system would be an 80+ point center.

I kind of want to keep up with Buffalo just to watch the pending implosion. They bought a 2nd line this offseason but their defense and goaltending are hot garbage so watching Buffalo is just pure schadenfreude.

Reactions: MBH and Henkka

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad