#1 Unit

Lucic
Nuge-Eberle
Larsson-McDavid

#2 Unit

Maroon
Drai-Yak
Sekera-Klefbom

Not bad. I think I prefer putting Nuge on the second unit instead of Drai though - he's more experienced at running a PP. (This is assuming we're not doing the Pittsburgh style Unit 1 gets 80% of the PP time). Wouldn't put Pulju out there until he's demonstrated an ability to slam one timers in at the NHL level.

Draw Me a McElephant

Mar 9, 2011
#1 Unit

Lucic
Nuge-Eberle
Larsson-McDavid

#2 Unit

Maroon
Drai-Yak
Sekera-Klefbom

I like that top unit, but I wouldn't mind seeing McDavid down low and RNH primarily along the half boards. RNH just has a quicker release from that spot and is more of a threat to shoot. They could always rotate around though and RNH would move to the point with McDavid coming up to the half boards.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
#1 PP:

Lucic-Mcdavid-Eberle

Davidson-Larsson

#2 PP:

Puljujarvi-Draisaitl-Yakupov

Klefbom-RNH

Konami McDavid

May 1, 2015
Edmonton
I would expect that by the end of the year we roll with something like;

PP#1 ( expect the first 1:30 to be played by this unit)
Lucic (net front presence and board battles)
Puljujarvi (great one-timer from the left side, he is fast so good puck retrieval)
Yak (this one is a gamble but I think he will get his shot back and be the one timer from the right side, also, good speed to help retrieve pucks)
McDavid (setting up the one timers, his speed will help retrieve pucks)
Larsson (lack of a real PPQB will force him to revive his offensive game)

PP#2 ( the "you got 30 seconds to show me something" unit )
Maroon (net front presence and board battles)
Eberle (maybe the practice on his shot will pay off, left side one timer/hiding from battles)
Draisaitle ( plays the wing on the PP, sets up on the right for quick shots and epic back-hand passes that once in a while get buried )
RNH ( actually has a pretty good release, but still elects to pass instead of shoot )
Sekera (wears down opponents shin pads, invests and makes a fortune)

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Lucic-mcd-nuge-davei-larsson
Maroon-drai-yak/ebs-klef-pulju

Nuge needs to learn the pavelski tip. And yak/ebs need to one time.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Eberle - Lucic - Nuge
Larsson - McDavid

Puljujarvi - Maroon - Draisaitl
Klefbom - Yakupov

Jejune

Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
PP#1

----------Lucic-----------

Eberle-----------McDavid

Sekera-----------Larsson

Everything on this runs through McD. Sekera and Larsson can switch sides for one timers, he's got Eberle on his offwing ready for the cross-crease passes. Lucic causing havoc.

PP#2

---------Maroon-----------

Nuge--------------Yakupov

Puljujarvi---------Klefbom

Nuge in a fairly new position, but I think the key here is pulju. He's got a big shot from the point and really seemed to control things well from this spot in the videos I've seen. Letestu might have to replace Yak for faceoffs, but at least Yak is in a great spot for one-timers.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Couple things of interest.

We have too much talent still to fit into 2 PP units. Leon isn't in most peoples line up and neither is Yak or even a guy like Pouliot.

Most still want to see 4 forwards I think that idea is terrible personally. I think at least 3 of our defenseman need to be getting prime PP time both as development and for consistency at the points.

Lucic, Maroon, Pouliot, Kassian, and maybe even Leon are all guys that can effectively work the front of the net and allow shots from the point to have a significantly increased chance of success. I would be far more inclined to design at least one power play on the standard get pucks on net and fight in the paint.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I'm surprised at all the people mentioning Sekera.. He can't get shots through..

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
In picture form;

-----mcD-------
----(net)----rnh
-----lucic-------
------------------
-Daveo--Lars-

Looch in front of the net, mcd wrap arounfs and Rnh moving the puck to the points and to mcd.

Lootch can retrieve puck on left side and move nuge to net front for dat point shot tip.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I'm assuming Pulju is in the AHL.

_________l-----l____Drai_
............Maroon..............
Eberle............................
.............................McD..
............Larsson(*)..........

Remember the 11/12 set up with Hall, RNH, Eberle, Horcoff, and Potter? Yeah that's basically what I'm re-creating

_________l-----l_________
.......Kassian........Yak.......
Letestu.....................RNH
.............Klef/Sekera........

RNH is the QB, not really any question there. Yak's a bit of a roamer here on the unit, but he gives you a legit trigger guy.

Kassian, Marron, and even Yak I don't see as permanent fixtures, and I would get Lucic, Pouliot and even Lander(do remember he was good in front of the net during Nelson's run) out there too. A rotation would also save the trench guys from getting too beaten up.

Letestu's another I'd also like to get off the PP, but I'm not sure if any other RH shot will even be on the roster. If Pakman, Pulju, Pitlick or Slepy make then the team then yes, I'd want them in his spot.

*If the team does manage to land Wisniewski or someone of the like, then bump Larsson down to the second unit, and then see who's the most effective of Klefbom, Sekera, and Letestu for the last spot.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Lucic-McDavid-Eberle
Yakupov-Larsson

-McDavid right half wall
-Lucic net front
-Eberle left circle
-Yakupov right point
-Larsson left point

Nuge-Draisaitl-Pouliot/Maroon
Klefbom-Puljujarvi