Your rebuild strategy, and your 'go for it' strategy

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Hi all.

Wanted to get some talk going about overall fantasy strategies, rather than just trade ideas. So, for all you poolies out there, what's your game plan?

If you want to rebuild your team in a keeper league, how do you do it? What kind of strategy do you use at the draft, for trades, etc? How long should it take?

And, if your team is doing well, when and how do you "go for it"? Let's talk strategy.

Edit:spelling

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
It honestly depends on how long I think the league will last, the number of teams, how good the other teams are, etc... to determine whether or not I go for it. I like to think that all of the leagues I'm in (I play almost all dynasties) are stable.

I'm in win now mode for most of my dynasties (I am in 10 of them since fantasy is so appealing to me). I usually don't trade first round picks a year in advance just in case my team is a disaster/injuries strike. If my team is doing well later in the season, I am a lot more willing to give up my first round pick.

I don't decide to "go for it" until at least the start of the new year. Like I said, it depends on how the other teams are doing and if I think I have a realistic shot depending on the other rosters.

As for rebuilding, I generally stockpile prospect draft picks. Rebuilding can take at least three years depending on the size of the league. Most of my dynasties are 16+ teams, so it can take awhile. I know that prospects don't always hit, but it's realistically the only way you can rebuild. You aren't going to find an upper-tier dynasty guy in free agency.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
If the pool is a cap pool, i always challenge myself and make my team be right at the cap floor and see how well i can compete haha.. I usually always did non cap pools and i kinda got bored with them so now i have challenged myself to this new thing past couple years lol.

IMO its easy enough loading up on the usual guys, i always enjoy taking chances on youth and up and comers and see where it takes me. I guess ive been doing pools too long and enjoy having more fun with them and doing stuff like this now.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad