Your pick for biggest 2006 draft bust and the team that picks him

edd1e

Sep 11, 2004
Helsinki, Finland
Le Golie said:
I've seen him 8-10 times and I wouldn't be shocked if he never makes it to the NHL. I don't think he's considered a very good prospect by many people unless you go back two years.

where exactly have you seen him 8-10 times? i wouldnt put much weight on last WJC, he's totally different player against men.

I guess he's not used one smaller rink or something like that, im quite sure that was the reason why he sucked on WJC.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
edd1e said:
where exactly have you seen him 8-10 times? i wouldnt put much weight on last WJC, he's totally different player against men.

I guess he's not used one smaller rink or something like that, im quite sure that was the reason why he sucked on WJC.

All the games I saw him play were in North America - Winnipeg, Grand Forks and Vancouver. Maybe he is better on big surfaces, but he was not a factor for his team on NHL sized surfaces against kids his own age.

Maybe you are right, but I can't see how a guy can magically be a better player when his level of competition goes from kids to professional adults. Having never seen him in Finland, I can't say for sure. He appears to me to be the classic case of a huge player developing physically well before his peers and getting attention, but when everyone catches up to his physical development his skills don't hold up. I don't want my team to draft him. I don't see him ever being a good NHLer, if he does make it someday.

Matrix

Dec 16, 2005
Montreal
monster_bertuzzi said:
Wishart is the safest defenceman in the draft you can pick after Johnson.

Like I said in the other thread, I was pretty dissappointed in him in the 2 games I saw. Obviously 2 games is not the end of the world, but expected much more than what he gave me. But maybe I was not looking at the right guy....

But if I did, I believe there's much better players with bigger upside than him. Even around the 16th to 20th picks.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad