Your pick for biggest 2006 draft bust and the team that picks him

Transported Upstater

I'm also going to choose Sanguinetti.

However, there are a few guys like Phil Kessel or Michael Frolik that will IMO either be spectacular or useless.

I still have Kessel #2 on my draft board.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Frolik. I do not care if he was serving time in the Gulag. Thirteen points in two years? Nothing at the WJC's? That is taking one huge chance. If he can not score at this level what will he do at the NHL level? If something is upsetting him to keep him from scoring, even worse. As for who will pick him, I say Phoenix. They seem to like going out on a limb and going for the home run, for example Wheeler at five last draft.

As for Kessel, best shot, best wheels in the draft? Bust for him is not being a superstar. Especially on the Pens even worst case his 'deficiencies' would not matter nearly as much. If his 'nifty' moves do not translate to the NHL flying down the ice and firing with Crosby or Malkin setting him up will still be fine. Kessel is #1B on my draft board and many are going to regret their concerns regarding him. The Pens, I hope, will pick him. If it is indeed the Pens his chances of busting are even less because of the advantages of playing with a Crosby or Malkin.

Last edited:

insider

Nov 14, 2003
Mathieu Carle. I feel sorry for the team that wastes a 2nd or 3rd on him.

badtakemachine

Dec 20, 2002
The Loose Cannon said:
Going out on a limb: Jonathan Toews.
I don't officially have enough background knowledge on him to agree, but I will anyway. I saw him play and he looked completely ineffective. Obviously players have bad games, but I didn't see ANY flashes of brilliance. He just looks too small, especially in those tight international jerseys.

Quiksilver*

I'm always right.
Sep 1, 2003
Irish Blues said:
I'll also throw out Shutron and Foligno.

I'll throw out the same pick. He had 146 PIMS in the OHL this year and had 1 MAYBE 2 fighting majors. He is a pure selfish hockey player and I have no idea how he is considered 2nd round pick.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Hawkhead said:
Please tell me thats a guess...

This kid is probably 2nd on my list behind E.Johnson of kids who WONT bustout.

The guy plays an all around game, scores and hits..

Toews has alot of projection behind him. With him its all what he can do or will be able to do. His numbers did not blow anyone away. If a projection does not pan out its a bust. People maybe looking a little to hard into their crystal ball and seeing what they want not what will be. He should fall to 9 to be safe.

CH Wizard

Vapor said:
He just looks too small, especially in those tight international jerseys.

Small , i hope you're kidding? You maybe meant thin, skinny?

El_Scoobo

Aug 18, 2004
Your Imagination
In the long term--Frolik is either going to be considered a steal for the position he gets picked or he's going to have zero impact and be a bust. I don't think there's an "in between" for a player of his style.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->