Your own teams history

goalieboy82

Jun 20, 2007
washington dc area
i started my own recreational team in 2005 (the fairfax kangaroos). since we started, i have collected team stuff, including games film for us playing, photos, stats, and the 3 different team jerseys (the old jersey we wore and the 2 new home and away jerseys, which are 1 plain blue jersey and 1 plain white jersey). i also have a story that the local tv station did about the team and when we played a team from scotland in 2007 (for 2 charities and for fun). also have odds and ends too. i also made 3 movies using game footage and photos. i have collected them and put them into a plastic container. do any of you collect your team stuff.

(also if this is in the wrong place, please if anyone could, move it to the right place)

greyraven8

Dec 24, 2007
Thunder Bay, ON
played on more than a few beer league teams - when i was stuck running it made and designed one team set of jerseys (later sold them). here's a pic of the front of one of them.

View attachment 39344

; only kept 1 jersey from Superior Drilling and Blasting Bandits.

View attachment 39345

A friend of mine (Dave Scott) has a "ball hockey league" - actually it's a one day long game with friends and some of their girlfriends playing. They come in to visit their family from where their originally from (Thunder Bay, ON Canada); many live out in Calgary and other places. He has a group set up with some videos and pics up on facebook, and I think a website too.

Last year he gave away some t-shirts his brother had made screen printed for a college class project - some of them had a whalers logo (i got that one).

Jarick

Doing Nothing
We used to have a website that had our history written on it.

I think 4-5 years ago, my team formed after going through a local rec league beginner school. Then they moved up to the D level and went 0-19-1.

The team split in half, and that's when I was recruited. Oddly enough, it was on a hockey website. That year we won our division, something like 15-5, won our tournament pool, but lost the championship game. Highlight for me was scoring the OT game winner that broke a 3-game losing streak.

Next year the team split into D and C levels, I played C, but wasn't quite good enough and got a bad case of whiplash and was out for a few games. Got berated and yelled at by the captain enough that I quit that team and went back to the D level for the rest of the year...they won the division again and we again won our tournament pool but lost in the championship game again.

This year, we had probably our deepest team without as many ringers, I moved back to D, but with tougher competition we struggled a lot more. We dropped to 8th of 10 teams I think by the midpoint, but regrouped and won 8 of 10 games to finish 3rd and get a playoff spot. We upset the #2 team and tied the other two, then won our pool game again...but again lost our championship game for the third year in a row. I did score another OT game winner and scored in the championship game to pull within one, but we couldn't score on a 6-on-3 at the end of the game to tie it.

Year four starts next October...can't wait!

Here's our jerseys...

P4100014-1.jpg

Wish I had the sweet gloves still, but they started out fitting well but broke in almost two sizes too big. Someday when I hit the lottery I'm going to get a pair of these:

Gloves.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad