GDT: Your Ottawa Senators at Sabres - 2PM, TSN5, - Battle Royale Edition

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
I’m trying not to comment on Ceci and how much he gets running around lol. Guess I just did....

Rebuilds bring tough stretches, including periods, but it’s a pattern of unpreparedness on the road mostly that’s a bit concerning.

Andy will burn out by Christmas at this rate. I’m starting to think we need a 3-man rotation in nets to get through the season. I’ll take mediocre back-up from McKenna lol.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Senators = Shitty defensive coverage + Buffalo with last change at home = Buffalo Wings

Mercy pull.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
The funniest takeaway from that embarrassing sequence was Chabot telling Ceci where to go already.

Two very unlucky goals on Andy. Skinner kicked it and if he didn't get his stick on it probably would have been disallowed.

Pominville has it go off his helmet and on his stick. FFS. Sabres full credit though.

I'll say this: fragile group. First 4 minutes was great. Forechecking , creating pressure on their D. After that Eichel break away they immediately reverted to playing cautious and careful. Big mistake.

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
If there was a time for a team mutiny against the GM..... it might be at hand... I aint spending a dime on sens anything this year... not tickets... not merch... nothing... good luck...

Reactions: Engineer

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
What a terrible team. Wow.
Sure bounces happen but they happen more often if you are playing in your zone all game long.
Fire Boucher already. This rope-a-dope no-possession hockey is not getting them anywhere.

Reactions: Deku

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
The funniest takeaway from that embarrassing sequence was Chabot telling Ceci where to go already.

Two very unlucky goals on Andy. Skinner kicked it and if he didn't get his stick on it probably would have been disallowed.

Pominville has it go off his helmet and on his stick. FFS. Sabres full credit though.

I'll say this: fragile group. First 4 minutes was great. Forechecking , creating pressure on their D. After that Eichel break away they immediately reverted to playing cautious and careful. Big mistake.

Young group lacking quality veteran presence on the blue line.

Need the big UFA line to come up big and start a comeback.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Well on our way to another 40+ shot affair for our goalies.

Rough outing for Andy, but he is responsible for a large majority of our points this year.

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
Nick Paul seems to detect the urgency in salvaging his near-gone pro career. He’s been ok.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Young group lacking quality veteran presence on the blue line.

Need the big UFA line to come up big and start a comeback.

Ceci is our most experienced dman and is therefore a star by one of this boards most rational non biased posters ever

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Moved their feet, challenged the puck, stay on your man. There was so much they could have done, they did nothing but watch BUF skate around them.

I dunno what happened before or anything but for the time I watched, it was some pretty fast puck movement from Buffalo (they looked impressive), nice control and chemistry, didn't give the Sens much opportunity to retrieve the puck. I don't know if you noticed but the Sens defensive system doesn't have them engage much along the boards in their zone, it would disrupt the square formation that Boucher wants. Sabres have been exploiting that to cycle the puck until they're able to create open space.

EDIT : hmmm saw it again and Andy could have frozen the puck to stop the sequence. It definitely wasn't his game.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->