Your opinion on Yamamoto

Your opinion on Yamamoto

• Total voters

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I don't know about staying in Finland for Jesse, if so 1 year max. IMO the AHL would've been a better option for him. The problem is that Chia traded away Hall and then later Eberle without bringing in any top 6 vets so that Jesse was basically thrown to the wolves.

A year of finland would have been good for pulju. Acclimate him to city life, let him learn English. Then let him acclimate to North America and North American hockey. This was a farm boy being thrust into a big city where he wasn't comfortable with the way of life and he wasn't able to understand people.

Imagine being in his shoes. As an 18 yearold you were shipped off to some rural area in Indonesia where you're told to perform your role against people better than you and you don't understand shit. You're being carted around, and all you hear is big important people laughing and talking. You feel like you're performing poorly. And all these people you don't understand are laughing and asking you questions and yelling and just... nothing makes sense.

That's been puljujarvi's reality for the last three years. Idk about you, but that would f*** me up. Forget about performing well, idk if I'd even be able to adapt to the culture shock. It would feel like the world was spinning out of control.

Reactions: Aerrol

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
A year of finland would have been good for pulju. Acclimate him to city life, let him learn English. Then let him acclimate to North America and North American hockey. This was a farm boy being thrust into a big city where he wasn't comfortable with the way of life and he wasn't able to understand people.

Imagine being in his shoes. As an 18 yearold you were shipped off to some rural area in Indonesia where you're told to perform your role against people better than you and you don't understand ****. You're being carted around, and all you hear is big important people laughing and talking. You feel like you're performing poorly. And all these people you don't understand are laughing and asking you questions and yelling and just... nothing makes sense.

That's been puljujarvi's reality for the last three years. Idk about you, but that would **** me up. Forget about performing well, idk if I'd even be able to adapt to the culture shock. It would feel like the world was spinning out of control.

If I were 18 and sent to Indonesia getting paid $1 million US a year I'd learn how to speak Indonesian in a ****ing hurry. The thing is he knew that he was highly touted and likely would be getting drafted top 10 at least. He had the whole summer at least to start learning the language.

Imagine uprooting your young family, coming on a boat half way around the world to a country that has immigrants and bosses from all over the world that don't speak the same language that you do (except for your fellow countrymen) and having to learn to communicate with them while working for peanuts. That is what my ancestors did so forgive me if I'm not quite so willing to coddle a guy that just reached 2o years old and is already worth over a million dollars. His opportunity is one that many would literally kill for, it's up to him to put in the work or not and this is coming from a Puljujarvi fan.

Reactions: joestevens29

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
What is his injury? Seems like he's been out for some time already and this is his 2nd lengthy injury stint this season @replacement ?

No idea. Very hush hush about it. I think he had a wrist injury earlier in the year.

Seems to be the norm, maybe it's just because not many people care, but guys like Bear and Yams have been out for extended periods throughout the season, and there's been very little reporting on it.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
I'll tell you what I think after next year.

He needs a full year focused on the AHL, hopefully healthy.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
If I were 18 and sent to Indonesia getting paid $1 million US a year I'd learn how to speak Indonesian in a ****ing hurry. The thing is he knew that he was highly touted and likely would be getting drafted top 10 at least. He had the whole summer at least to start learning the language.

Imagine uprooting your young family, coming on a boat half way around the world to a country that has immigrants and bosses from all over the world that don't speak the same language that you do (except for your fellow countrymen) and having to learn to communicate with them while working for peanuts. That is what my ancestors did so forgive me if I'm not quite so willing to coddle a guy that just reached 2o years old and is already worth over a million dollars. His opportunity is one that many would literally kill for, it's up to him to put in the work or not and this is coming from a Puljujarvi fan.

Right.. but your ancestors and mine weren't competing with the best 0.001% of all people in the world in a highly competitive optimized event. They were competing with their fellow man against nothing but nature itself.

Its different.

For the record i agree pulju should have known English already. That's a major dick up by him. But its also a major f*** up by us to not accommodate our young talent. We didn't have a plan, we just threw him in feiry water and expected him to figure it out after he already told us he couldn't swim.

Reactions: Aerrol

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
He's got the smarts and the skills to be a solid second liner and when he shows he can stay healthy while putting it all together on the farm team he'll get big minutes on one of our top 2 scoring lines.

He isn't ready for the NHL yet. He overthinks some stuff and has far too much respect for his line-mates and needs to accept that it's OK to play a little more selfishly.

As simple as that.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
If he can turn out like Caggulia we will be laughing.
I think he’s now 3 points away from Cagguila’s most productive season here through 17 games. Is this the time for laughter then?

There’s actually a lot of reasonable posters in this thread, I’m surprised. It contains the usual more pessimistic posters on prospects but so does every prospect thread we have.

Still hold that I see him as a second line winger, more a 50 point guy, but glad to see him exceeding that pace right now with a couple of great linemates

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Well I picked 2nd line winger at the time but didn't make a reply in the thread. In my mind he needed a lot more time - I certainly did not expect him to come up and click this fast. Pleasantly surprised.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
giphy.gif

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Is it considered cheating if I vote 2nd line winger now? Lol

I did ;)

But he also has some elite company on his line, so I danct really vote 1st line winger yet.

Im so glad I was wrong on Yamamoto. I actually didnt think the fourth try would be the case.

Im now worried about Benson instead. Wake him up. Let him now you have to fight for it to play in a NHL lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad