Line Combos: Your Opening Night Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Starting the season with no Krug, a beat up Bergeron and Kuraly as 3C. Bummer. The B's brass were banking on one of the young centres stepping up and winning a spot, but none of them impressed.

bolt thrower

No war!
Aug 26, 2006
Sure Kuraly as the 3rd line center is not the solution many others and I hoped for but maybe he can step it up and surprise all of us.
Let the hockey gods have mercy on us.

What to do with Björk? He's too good for Providence but there's no place left on the Bruins top 9. I am not opposed on him getting his mojo back down in Providence but you cannot let him there for the whole season.

Unfortunate for Krug and the team but the Bruins have enough good dman who can takeover his spot at the moment, so I am not too worried about that, maybe only a bit about our PP because Krug is an integral part of it.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Starting the season with no Krug, a beat up Bergeron and Kuraly as 3C. Bummer. The B's brass were banking on one of the young centres stepping up and winning a spot, but none of them impressed.
All showed a glimmer especially Studnicka

I also don’t think they were banking

And also also all 3 showed they have skills to play in this league with more experience and fine tuning areas that need it

I wasn’t surprised or disappointed and overall came away believing they hit on at least two of them in a top 9 role

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Red Sox 1975 opening day lineup had
Juan Beniquez LF
Tony Conigliaro DH
Bob Montgomery C
Doug Griffin 2B

By end of year/ World Series

Jim Rice LF
Cecil Cooper DH
Carlton Fisk C
Denny Doyle 2B

2 HOFers, a borderline HOF in Cooper and great late season pickup in Doyle

It’s a long year

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Red Sox 1975 opening day lineup had
Juan Beniquez LF
Tony Conigliaro DH
Bob Montgomery C
Doug Griffin 2B

By end of year/ World Series

Jim Rice LF
Cecil Cooper DH
Carlton Fisk C
Denny Doyle 2B

2 HOF a boederline HOF in Cooper and great late season pickup in Doyle

It’s a long year
Exactly. It’s not how you start, it’s how you finish. Last years team started bad out the gate. Let them play with some things for a few weeks. If a month in they are treading water and still going with the same lineup, then I’d worry.

Reactions: Chief Nine and DKH

remer

Oct 18, 2005
TSN top point prediction: Imagine if Boston would have keep some of their talent or didn't flub the 2015 draft.
1Connor McDavidEdmonton
2Sidney CrosbyPittsburgh
3Nikita KucherovTampa Bay
4Patrick KaneChicago
5Nathan MacKinnonColorado
6Evgeny KuznetsovWashington
7Evgeni MalkinPittsburgh
8Jamie BennDallas
9Claude GirouxPhiladelphia
10Johnny GaudreauCalgary
11Alexander OvechkinWashington
12Artemi PanarinColumbus
13Blake WheelerWinnipeg
14Tyler SeguinDallas
15Taylor HallNew Jersey
16Auston MatthewsToronto
17Phil KesselPittsburgh
18Brad MarchandBoston
19John TavaresToronto
20Anze KopitarLos Angeles
21Nicklas BackstromWashington
22Mathew BarzalN.Y. Islanders
23David PastrnakBoston
24Clayton KellerArizona
25Mark ScheifeleWinnipeg
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
TSN top point prediction: Imagine if Boston would have keep some of their talent or didn't flub the 2015 draft.
1Connor McDavidEdmonton
2Sidney CrosbyPittsburgh
3Nikita KucherovTampa Bay
4Patrick KaneChicago
5Nathan MacKinnonColorado
6Evgeny KuznetsovWashington
7Evgeni MalkinPittsburgh
8Jamie BennDallas
9Claude GirouxPhiladelphia
10Johnny GaudreauCalgary
11Alexander OvechkinWashington
12Artemi PanarinColumbus
13Blake WheelerWinnipeg
14Tyler SeguinDallas
15Taylor HallNew Jersey
16Auston MatthewsToronto
17Phil KesselPittsburgh
18Brad MarchandBoston
19John TavaresToronto
20Anze KopitarLos Angeles
21Nicklas BackstromWashington
22Mathew BarzalN.Y. Islanders
23David PastrnakBoston
24Clayton KellerArizona
25Mark ScheifeleWinnipeg
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Imagine if not trading Wheeler meant we didn't win the Stanley Cup? But hey, at least we have the 13th ranked projected highest scorer on paper!

Seriously though, one small moves change the entire landscape of things. For all we know, not trading Seguin means we never draft Pasta or get a chance to draft a guy like McAvoy. Maybe the bromance between Seguin/Marchand is going strong and neither player reaches the level of players they are today. There are so many variables that people don't consider and that's why trying to look at things like this are pointless.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
What are the D pairings without Krug to start the season?

Is Gryz healthy?

Is it this:

Chara McAvoy
Moore Carlo
Gryz Miller

or...

Moore McAvoy
Chara Carlo
Vaakanainen Miller

or something else???

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
What are the D pairings without Krug to start the season?

Is Gryz healthy?

Is it this:

Chara McAvoy
Moore Carlo
Gryz Miller

or...

Moore McAvoy
Chara Carlo
Vaakanainen Miller

or something else???

Hopefully Vaak gets his chance. I suspect he will end up in the AHL at some point this year, but lets see what he can do in the NHL FIRST

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
It wasn't just Barzal. They also passed on Kyle Connor in favor of Senyshyn. Was indefensible at the time and still is. But that's neither here nor there...

AS pointed out twice a week by a local salesman here that Hamilton deal hasn't exactly produced a bumper crop of NHL'ers the past three seasons.

I do think Senny is the 3rd line RW (to start) next year and JFK works his way into the center mix at some point this season.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
AS pointed out twice a week by a local salesman here that Hamilton deal hasn't exactly produced a bumper crop of NHL'ers the past three seasons.

I do think Senny is the 3rd line RW (to start) next year and JFK works his way into the center mix at some point this season.

Care to explain why you think Senyshyn will be the 3rd line RW next year when he seemingly didnt even come close to making the team this year? Just seems like you're going by your gut, which is fine, but doesn't really offer any reason why.

I hope you're right, but at this point there seem to be many forwards ahead of him.

Reactions: Estlin

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Care to explain why you think Senyshyn will be the 3rd line RW next year when he seemingly didnt even come close to making the team this year? Just seems like you're going by your gut, which is fine, but doesn't really offer any reason why.

I hope you're right, but at this point there seem to be many forwards ahead of him.

Backes gone IMO. Heinen dealt. Bjork 2RW and Senny 3RW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->