Line Combos: Your Opening Night Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Kuraly slotting up still makes me angry. With all that forward depth in the organization, this is the best option they have? Not buying it. Seems like this was their plan all along, and that they never even considered anything else.
All the Forward depth in the organization ? Who ??? Where ??? Guy's just had a chance the last six weeks to make an impression and nobody stepped up. JFK being the biggest disappointment i would think...Truth is we dont have enough NHL caliber talent bottom six and nobody in the organization is good enough. Frederic and Studnika will probably be NHLers...But i dont think top six players. Kuraly at 3C should make us all mad. But it is certainly not managements fault.:laugh:

How would Hoffman look on this team ? Florida gets him. But we dont need a guy like that.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Give it a little bit. I'm sure they will call TFred or JFK (will play top 6 min in Providence) up if Kuraly flounders.

I really don't see this being an IF kind of scenario. It's more of a when he flounders, and it's through no fault of his either. One of the biggest mistakes organizations make is asking and expecting guys with a limited skill set to do more than they're actually capable of.

Reactions: Estlin

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Give it a little bit. I'm sure they will call TFred or JFK (will play top 6 min in Providence) up if Kuraly flounders.

Guessing BC doesn't trust their two way game just yet.
Those guys are not making a difference, They are where they should be. We need real NHL players not some hope and prayers.....

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Yes, I read that piece a few weeks ago.

Krug is one of my favorite players, and I have always felt he was a valuable asset, so I'm not sure what it has to do with my post? I didn't say I wanted him traded, nor did I say that I think they should let him walk. However, the reality is that if after next season, if UV is good, Moore is good, Grizz is good, and Zboril is good (others may be good)...the B's may elect to let Krug walk, rather than pay him $6-7m per.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
All the Forward depth in the organization ? Who ??? Where ??? Guy's just had a chance the last six weeks to make an impression and nobody stepped up. JFK being the biggest disappointment i would think...Truth is we dont have enough NHL caliber talent bottom six and nobody in the organization is good enough. Frederic and Studnika will probably be NHLers...But i dont think top six players. Kuraly at 3C should make us all mad. But it is certainly not managements fault.:laugh:

How would Hoffman look on this team ? Florida gets him. But we dont need a guy like that.

So because JFK isn't NHL ready after 58 AHL games, that makes him the biggest disappointment? These takes are a joke.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Yes, I read that piece a few weeks ago.

Krug is one of my favorite players, and I have always felt he was a valuable asset, so I'm not sure what it has to do with my post? I didn't say I wanted him traded, nor did I say that I think they should let him walk. However, the reality is that if after next season, if UV is good, Moore is good, Grizz is good, and Zboril is good (others may be good)...the B's may elect to let Krug walk, rather than pay him $6-7m per.
I’m backing you up against the haters

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

I beg to differ. I think Frederic did do enough to make the team. I also think Cehlarik made a strong case to be on the roster as well. The problem is that the organization floated this nonsense of Kuraly at 3C very early into the off season, and lo and behold what happens? I personally do not believe they gave the young guys much of a shot to win it. The outcome was predetermined and baring a huge breakout camp by one of the youth, it was always going to be Kuraly.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I’m backing you up against the haters

Oh, thanks :laugh:

Krug is a valuable member of the team and will be missed. I was just trying to find a silver lining and if there is one, it’s that a kid like UV may get an extended look.

It’s funny that many people disliked his selection at the time. I was hoping they would take Veselainen.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Oh, thanks :laugh:

Krug is a valuable member of the team and will be missed. I was just trying to find a silver lining and if there is one, it’s that a kid like UV may get an extended look.

It’s funny that many people disliked his selection at the time. I was hoping they would take Veselainen.
I’m worried about his loss

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I mean, he's 22 and with the hype he had around here I don't think it's unreasonable to be a little disappointed with his camp this year.

He's 21 and turns 22 at the end of this month. Fine if you want to be disappointed by him, but the point still stands. He has limited AHL experience. Calling him the biggest disappointment seems like nothing more than being negative for the sake of it.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Last year it was McAvoy Debrusk and Heinen that were not making a difference...

Do you ever get sick of being wrong?
Who said that ?.....So your way to dispute what i say is LIE ???.........Go for it. Never have i said a bad word about any of those players....But Lie LieLie all you want. apparently you never get sick of it.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Who said that ?.....So your way to dispute what i say is LIE ???.........Go for it. Never have i said a bad word about any of those players....But Lie LieLie all you want. apparently you never get sick of it.
In fairness to you he has it mixed up with don Godfather who said that

Many people think you guys are the same so confusing trying to keep track

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
I beg to differ. I think Frederic did do enough to make the team. I also think Cehlarik made a strong case to be on the roster as well. The problem is that the organization floated this nonsense of Kuraly at 3C very early into the off season, and lo and behold what happens? I personally do not believe they gave the young guys much of a shot to win it. The outcome was predetermined and baring a huge breakout camp by one of the youth, it was always going to be Kuraly.
I cant say they did not because i did not see much of training camp......That said, you could be correct. Would it surprise me if those players were not evaluated properly No. I dont think the team would send down anyone that impressed or showed that they deserved to stay.....But again, Offensive talent
JP is actually legendary in both the group text we have and my hockey buddies

Why he is still here defies logic since he was banned several times under assumed names
I was banned way back when for creating a stir when i said hiring Dave Lewis was the dumbest hiring ever......You loved the hiring as i recall.

Why ban someone for giving his opinion ? I dont understand that. Do the rules for staying say you must wear Rose colored glasses when evaluating the team ? I did not see that when i read them. I have my opinions, they are based on watching the sport 45 years and loving this team every bit as you do. That said, i dont care if people hate me, As long as i am respectful in my opinions, i will continue to give them. Till Wally says i cant i guess.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
In fairness to you he has it mixed up with don Godfather who said that

Many people think you guys are the same so confusing trying to keep track

B11nzNdTL1S._SL1000_.png

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
But don Godfather has ragged on DeBust as a horrible pick and JP hasn’t used that
I LOVE DeBrusk and he is my next jersey.....I defy anyone to show a post where i have said anything negative about him.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I cant say they did not because i did not see much of training camp......That said, you could be correct. Would it surprise me if those players were not evaluated properly No. I dont think the team would send down anyone that impressed or showed that they deserved to stay.....But again, Offensive talent

I was banned way back when for creating a stir when i said hiring Dave Lewis was the dumbest hiring ever......You loved the hiring as i recall.

Why ban someone for giving his opinion ? I dont understand that. Do the rules for staying say you must wear Rose colored glasses when evaluating the team ? I did not see that when i read them. I have my opinions, they are based on watching the sport 45 years and loving this team every bit as you do. That said, i dont care if people hate me, As long as i am respectful in my opinions, i will continue to give them. Till Wally says i cant i guess.

Nothing wrong with stating things as you see them, but you do tend to wear shit colored glasses instead of the rose ones...

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad