Line Combos: Your Opening Night Roster II

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Still not happy with Kuraly in a more crucial role. It's not what he is as a player. It's setting him up to fail, IMO, which impacts the viability of that line as a collective. Tough spot to be in for the guy.

Reactions: Estlin

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Interesting to see Bjork could be pencilled in as the 4th line LW. I think he would be out of place. I rather see Bjork bumped up to the 3rd line and drop Backes to the 4th

Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Debrusk Krejci Heinen
Donato Kuraly Bjork
Acciari/Nordstrom Wagner Backes

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Still not happy with Kuraly in a more crucial role. It's not what he is as a player. It's setting him up to fail, IMO, which impacts the viability of that line as a collective. Tough spot to be in for the guy.

I think so. Kuraly has stone hands. Can't see him ever be able to score more than 20-25 points in a season (good for a 4th line player).

Reactions: TCB

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I'll admit I'm not a huge fan of Kuraly as the #3C, but I'm going to keep an open mind on it. Maybe the guy has the talent to be more than a #4C. I mean it would be the first time a player shows more skill while playing with more skilled players. I bet if we went back and looked, people were not a fan of Marchand when he was put into a larger role (before coming a superstar). Now I'm not saying Kuraly is going to be like Marchand, but he may end up being a quality #3C for us.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
I'll admit I'm not a huge fan of Kuraly as the #3C, but I'm going to keep an open mind on it. Maybe the guy has the talent to be more than a #4C. I mean it would be the first time a player shows more skill while playing with more skilled players. I bet if we went back and looked, people were not a fan of Marchand when he was put into a larger role (before coming a superstar). Now I'm not saying Kuraly is going to be like Marchand, but he may end up being a quality #3C for us.
I agree. The guy has shown in the past some chemistry with Backes. With Donato there is some intrigue with that line. I’d rather Kuraly on line 4 but let’s see if the kid can rise to the challenge. Give it a few weeks. Maybe by that time JFK pulls a Heinen from last year and after a few games in the A comes up and takes a hold of the 3C slot.

Reactions: HustleB

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I'm honestly not too worried what the opening night lineup is because to me Cassidy has proven that he is not afraid to shake it up if it's not working. Ultimately I think the guys deserving of playing time will eventually settle into roles. How long that takes I don't know. It's great that certain players might have excelled in camp and preseason games but it's not the same as the real thing when the puck drops tomorrow night. If those guys keep doing what they are supposed to they will get a shot if others don't perform.

World of Wardlow

Unscripted Violence
Jul 13, 2006
Montreal
Wednesday:

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Debrusk-Krejci-Heinen
Donato-Kuraly-Backes
Nordstrom-Acciari-Wagner

Chara-McAvoy
Moore-Carlo
Gryz.-Miller

Rask

Thursday:

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Debrusk-Krejci-*Heinen
*Donato-Kuraly-Backes
Bjork-Acciari-Wagner

Chara-McAvoy
Moore-Carlo
Vaakanainen-Miller

Halak

maybe Donato & Heinen switch spots against Buffalo

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Bjork should not be the 13th forward or relegated to the fourth line.

Marchand-Bergeron-Bjork
Debrusk-Krejci-Pastrnak
Donato-Heinen-Backes
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner
Acciari

He's didn't play much in the pre-season and is coming off a major injury. Washington is a big heavy team that throws the body around, so I can see why for this game they rather keep him off the ice. Against Buffalo, I expect him to get a look. If Donato or Heinen don't look good vs Washington, that's probably who he replaces for the Buffalo game.

BTW Heinen isn't a center.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Danton Heinen Stats and News

forgive anybody claiming that he is, because... he is.

LOL, the guy has never played center since turning pro and even in his last year at Denver he was a winger. Don't get to hung up on what a letter says on a website, BTW Donato, Lauko & Nordstrom are all listed as "centers" as well....funny none of them were in consideration for a center position though.

Heinen - 83 GP / 23 FO taken

If Heinen was a center, Boston would have tried him out there....they haven't and wont though because he's not a center in the NHL.

Bumper

Apr 16, 2018
(Only) Halfway To Everywhere
that's cool. we can all agree that the Bruins don't use him as one, but officially he is a center. it's not just "a website," it is an official record created by his employing league, the NHL.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
that's cool. we can all agree that the Bruins don't use him as one, but officially he is a center. it's not just "a website," it is an official record created by his employing league, the NHL.

If the Bruins don't use him as one (and according to you, we can all agree that the Bruins don't use him as one) why would you put him as a center in your lineup?

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Doesn't make my comment wrong lol. The poster slid Heinen into the center spot and as you've agreed Boston doesn't use him there. What he's listed on a website is irrelevant as Boston won't play him at center. How can you be a "center" when you don't play center lol.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
that is a question for the person trying to slot him there! my point is to forgive their mistake.

No one was condemning the poster. I simply told them that Heinen isn't a center. I mean honestly though, anyone who follows the Bruins knows he not a center.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
If Bruins were considering playing Heinen at center.... he would have got a chance by now. Even Cehlarik got a chance at center on the PP a few times

Heinen as a winger is fine. Good to see his skating has improved

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
might you stop grasping at straw men like condemnation and move on? officially a center... only plays winger... everybody is correct!

So if the site has Rask listed as a LW but he only plays goalie does that make him a officially a LW?

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I still think its curious that some of the kids were sent down due to being poor at face-offs, yet the 3rd best Bruin at the dot last year is stuck on the wing.

He was also ranked 5th on the team in FO taken. The next closest in FO taken above Backes was Kuraly and he took nearly 3x the FO that Backes did.

Bumper

Apr 16, 2018
(Only) Halfway To Everywhere
excluding SEVERAL outliers, I assume you mean Backes. faceoffs are not the only responsibility of a center. I probably wouldn't dress him all season if he could only be used there. (I might not anyway, save for a few exceptionally gritty opponent matchups.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad