Proposal: Your offer for pick #32 (Buffalo) And Who Do You Take?

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Players like Berggren also could have been picked around top 15, and to be honest i think buffalo needs more a forwards now when they already have picked Dahlin.
I agree Im high on getting wingers. But picking up Wilde would allow us to trade away someone like McCabe in the not too distant future for equivalent winger or even someone like Borgen for similar winger prospect. Unless we get Wilde, Im all for taking an impact wingwr (Noel?? Although Im not a fan of 6'5 wingers in general apparently hes quite kick despite his size).

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Some decent guys left on the board. Ottawa won't move up, but I'd take Noel with the pick. Would have taken him at 22 & 26. Scouts know what's best.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
If the Sabres trade down, and they probably shouldnt, because the exciting talent left is like 6 guys, they'd want a 3rd atleast, for sure (to pick a goalie likely).

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
I have a feeling there going to trade it to Montreal and there going to slightly overpay with the 34th and 62nd. Montreal picks Wilde. Buffalo goes with a forward with the 34th.

Some Buffalo fans will be mad because they wanted Buffalo to pick Wilde. Some Montreal fans will be mad because they think they paid to much.

Last edited:

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Yeah, no. These ridiculous late 2nds+late 4th rounders don't get you 32 sorry. If you want 32 you must own a pick in the 33-37 range and also give up your 3rd. It's more of a we call you type deal. Sabres probably stay out for Wilde or Thomas which is nuts since both were sure fire firsts or so we thought.

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
I have a feeling there going to trade it to Montreal and there going to slightly overpay with the 34th and 62nd. Montreal picks Wilde. Buffalo goes with a forward with the 34th.

Some Buffalo fans will be mad because they wanted Buffalo to pick Wilde. Some Montreal fans will be mad because they think they paid to much.

Works for me. Want nothing to do with wilde and we still get Thomas or Ylonen

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Flyers offer Simmonds and Sanheim to BUF for Ristolainen and 32 then take Bodie Wilde and suddenly are stacked with quality RHD to match their lefties.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Flyers offer Simmonds and Sanheim to BUF for Ristolainen and 32 then take Bodie Wilde and suddenly are stacked with quality RHD to match their lefties.
It's very bad for Buffalo. We can't give our only normal RHD, for LHD and 30 year old winger with one year under contract.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Come on, why move down 15-25 spots.

Add in a prospect if you want Buffalo to do that.
The guy I quoted had some statistical valuation of the pick in question. I used the picks we have to beat that offer by a small margin.

I don't actually care, and you shouldn't either. It's just a thought experiment. Don't love it, don't bite. But maybe you see value in adding depth and want more picks. Those are the picks we can afford to give up in my mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad