GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (11-4-3) @ Wienerpeg Jets (11-4-3), 3 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Why is it that Jets always feel the need to patrol other forums and get mad at people who say something negative about them or the team? I'm not generalizing here and saying all fans are like this, but I notice it's more of the Jets fans, maybe sometimes the Flames and Leafs fans as well.

You could talk so much shit about the Hurricanes, Avalanche, Panthers, Coyotes, etc, and none of their fans will ever come over here and defend their honor. I've already been told that I have a very large fanbase on other teams forums, yet I don't even read them. I don't care what they're saying about me or about the Devils. Maybe if it's on the mainboard, I'll take a stab at it. I couldn't care less when another team's forum is trashing me or the Devils. I don't even bother lurking.

I've personally said (this was in past years) the Jets were a bad team, that would undoubtedly be picking top 5-10 in the draft. on both this forum and the Sharks forum, and I've had Jets fans run to tell me how wrong I was. And in most of those years, the Jets did finish with a top 10 pick. I didn't predict them to be that bad this year, I figured they'd be on the bubble, and maybe a real dark horse for a lottery team. Mostly because they brought back a bad coach, who should have been fired a while back and they extended him. With how much fanbases flip flop on their head coaches, I wouldn't be surprised if Jets fans want Maurice extended for another 5 years, after the consensus being to give him the heave-ho before that.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
i mean i have never seen someone use hyperbole as much as you. Zacha is a 6th overall pick who is 20 years old.

Who cares?

Bratt is a 162nd overall pick who is 19 years old, and guess what? He's playing awesome, hence he's in the starting lineup. It's really not complicated.

Your draft position is but a number. It's meaningless. After draft day 20xx, it's up to you to earn (or not earn) your ice, the NHL isnt an "everyone gets a trophy" league.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Lol, a Jets fans seriously turned up here
They're not the first, and I KNOW they won't be the last, and I know that team is heading for a PDO crash.

They're just a major threat.

Anyone who gets my reference wins the internet.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Who cares?

Bratt is a 162nd overall pick who is 19 years old, and guess what? He's playing awesome, hence he's in the starting lineup. It's really not complicated.

Your draft position is but a number. It's meaningless. After draft day 20xx, it's up to you to earn (or not earn) your ice, the NHL isnt an "everyone gets a trophy" league.
Lol you literally said 3rd round 19 year old.

Kgame

Oct 8, 2017
They also forgot to add that they were “coming in peace”. Poor form.
My apologies... I'm new to HFBoards and not familiar with the etiquette. I won't 'lurk' again.

I just think your team has been pretty fun to watch this year and was convinced this would be a blowout in favor of the Devils. After so many years of losing, as a Jet fan - I kind of hold my breath every single game waiting for the inevitable slide. Anyway, I was just curious what Devil's fans take on the game was. Thought it was strange that Jets fans drew a comment for behavior universal to all fan bases league wide. That's all...no harm intended.

And....I think even Trouba figured he was going to the box on that missed high sticking call.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I'm very interested to see how Zacha plays once he gets back in.

He seems like a nice kid, but sometimes, those are exactly the types of guys who need someone in their face challenging them.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
My apologies... I'm new to HFBoards and not familiar with the etiquette. I won't 'lurk' again.

I just think your team has been pretty fun to watch this year and was convinced this would be a blowout in favor of the Devils. After so many years of losing, as a Jet fan - I kind of hold my breath every single game waiting for the inevitable slide. Anyway, I was just curious what Devil's fans take on the game was. Thought it was strange that Jets fans drew a comment for behavior universal to all fan bases league wide. That's all...no harm intended.

And....I think even Trouba figured he was going to the box on that missed high sticking call.

No need to apologize. Certainly nothing personal on my end. The “coming in peace” comment was just a joke in reference to how for whatever reason, visiting members from other boards always seem to mention this when they introduce themselves.

Kgame

Oct 8, 2017
No need to apologize. Certainly nothing personal on my end. The “coming in peace” comment was just a joke in reference to how for whatever reason, visiting members from other boards always seem to mention this when they introduce themselves.
K - thanks. I haven't visited other boards and I know I didn't read the rules when I signed on. Watching game again...some serious talent on your team....good luck this season!

Reactions: Cult of Hynes

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
We really didn’t play bad funny enough outside that Super breakdown.

I do think we aren’t playing the best offensive lineup either though. No just Zacha sitting but playing Boyle on the third line. Think we took a little bite out of the lineup with these lines.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Lol you literally said 3rd round 19 year old.

Yes, I did.

Or, alternatively, a 5th round 21 year old, or 2nd round 18 year old, or 4th round 20 year old, etc....

You literally missed the point; I guess it figuratively went over your head. :dunno:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Lurking and posting on other team’s forums are more than fine. It’s not against forum etiquette. You’re cool. I just remember being jumped before by Jets fans in a GDT before, when some disparaging remarks were made by me, about the Jets being a lottery team. Mostly because Pavelec sucked and couldn’t stop a beachball. I knew it wasn’t you personally. So my first thought was automatically “Here we go again!”. It’s no problem though. I was quick to jump on you, so my apologies. Sorry for that.

Good luck to you this season! :nod:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
0-2 with Travis and prob under .500 with Boyle.
Please don’t start this again.

We’re a better team with Zajac in than without.

Boyle has been okay, Hynes just needs to stop playing him on the first unit PP and as a 3rd line center with Henrique and Wood. I almost think Henrique deserves a stay of execution from heavy criticism, until Boyle is removed from that line.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Yes, I did.

Or, alternatively, a 5th round 21 year old, or 2nd round 18 year old, or 4th round 20 year old, etc....

You literally missed the point; I guess it figuratively went over your head. :dunno:

you actually think Zacha's top 10 status doesn't matter two years after his draft year? Maybe in a couple more years sure. I'm not saying he deserves to play just because of that but if you think late rounders hold the same sway two years removed from their draft compared to a first rounder I think you're a bit out there. Bratt is perhaps one of the biggest exceptions to that.

Anyway he's only been scratched a few games this season plenty of other players have been scratched longer and still became regulars so I'm not worried about that. He'll be back in the lineup soon enough

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
K - thanks. I haven't visited other boards and I know I didn't read the rules when I signed on. Watching game again...some serious talent on your team....good luck this season!

You guys have a fun team over there with some serious talent as well. Good luck as well!

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
In today's NHL every legit contender has 3 good scoring lines or have very good d cores to compensate. Since our d core is no where near that level, we need to run 3 good lines to achieve consistent success.
The whole fast, attacking, and supportive style is good and seems to work. The problem is when 2/3 centers in the top 9 don't have the speed to play that style it really prevents the team from achieving that fast, attacking identity. Zajac is going nowhere, he's fantastic defensively and still good offensively. Boyle is by no means a bad player but he's a 4C. He doesn't have the speed or offensive ability to hang with the top 9 on an offensive minded team.
These are the best 1st and 4th lines we've iced since the cup run, just need to figure out who slots in where in the middle 6 aside from Bratt and then stick with that lineup. I know we've dealt with injuries but the constant shifting in the middle 6 seems to have created a lack of chemistry between the players.

Reactions: Oneiro
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad