Your name on the Stanley Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

mackdogs*

FLYLine4LIFE said:
If replacment players names get there name of the Cup...then it will forever be the biggest joke trophy in sports.
I'm pretty sure the biggest joke would be buying your way onto the cup. Or did you even bother to read this thread?

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
mackdogs said:
I'm pretty sure the biggest joke would be buying your way onto the cup. Or did you even bother to read this thread?

Hmm Buying the cup or replacement players names on it? Im pretty sure people are going to look at the Wings for there recent cups as a great team...and if you think replacement names on a cup would look better then sry but your :rolly:

And yes i did read the post...it was a similar topic so i brought it up instead of starting a whole new thread.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
FLYLine4LIFE said:
Hmm Buying the cup or replacement players names on it? Im pretty sure people are going to look at the Wings for there recent cups as a great team...and if you think replacement names on a cup would look better then sry but your :rolly:

And yes i did read the post...it was a similar topic so i brought it up instead of starting a whole new thread.
Replacements wouldn't get their name on the cup. The NHLers would cross and get their name on the cup instead. :D

mackdogs*

FLYLine4LIFE said:

If said replacement player played a full season, and was part of a team to win 16 post season games then they sure as hell deserve their name on the cup.

I apologize but I just cannot see this from your point of view; I don't share your contempt for potential replacement players.

Bruins4Ever

Sep 12, 2004
Caledonia, Ontario
I voted Yes for the hell of it, but I wouldn't really do it. It'd be an embarassment to guys like Gretzky who worked for their lifetimes to get to the championships. It's about passion, sacrifice, and heart, and to pay $100 for the same thing is kinda pointless.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
FLYLine4LIFE said:
If replacment players names get there name of the Cup...then it will forever be the biggest joke trophy in sports.
but if the nhlpa (which is a seperate entity from the nhl, i hope you realize that) isn't particpating in the nhl, how does the trophy become a joke..

i mean, look at it practically... it is the trophy given to the winner of the NHL's season and the NHL's playoffs... it's not designed to be awarded to mark messier or teemu selanne or jose theodore or so on...

a real fan looks back thirty years from a replacement season, and says, 'those guys were my toronto maple leafs of 2005, or my philadelphia flyers of 2005, they played their asses off and won, it was great)...

it's like people aren't making the distinction, thinking along your line, it's almost as if you're handicapping yourself as a fan of your team.. by expecting only the iginlas and the forsbergs to have their names on there, you're no realizing that if there was a replacement year, it is for everyone, not just your team... the skill level may drop, but every team still is as competetive in relation to the nhl with the nhlpa...

cheer your team dammit..

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
FLYLine4LIFE said:

Why? They are the best hockey players available, and if the best available players win the cup then they deserve to get their names on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad