Your most random Hockey Jersey/Fan sightings

Prsut18

Jul 30, 2018
CZ
In 2002 I was on holiday in Greece and I was walking around the city I was visiting in my Red Wings signed t-shirt which I got on Dominik Hasek´s Stanley cup celebration event (I´m from Czech rep.). Suddenly I saw a guy in the same t-shirt. As we were walking towards each other on the street, we smiled at each other and then started laughing. We chatted a bit and he lived in the city not far from my hometown and was in Greece on holiday too.

Reactions: toedrag87

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I saw someone in a Ryan Spooner Ranger jersey after the game and I really wanted to ask them why

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
There's a guy that occasionally wears a Seals jersey at the UC that's always pleasant to see.

If I ever go to a game in Columbus, I'm definitely going to wear my Chicago Express jersey to see if anybody recognizes their former one-year ECHL affiliate. An Express hat is coincidentally my favorite go to work hat, and I oftentimes wonder if I'm the only person on the planet still regularly wearing any of their gear.

Reactions: MayDayMayDay

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
The akward pens jersey 86 with Crossmieux in the back. Crossmieux in english is a slang for betterjerk lol

kladorf2005

Apr 20, 2018
Was at the Pens/Knights game last month, and three guys were wearing the Hanson brothers jersey's from 'Slap Shot'. Had the glasses and hair and everything.

58a7785953e43.image.jpg

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Back when I lived in Pittsburgh I saw someone walk up my street in a #18 "Neil" jersey. Not at all random, just funny as hell.

valeriammm

Beers/Bikes/Bums
Sep 21, 2018
This isn't exactly a jersey "sighting", but my girlfriend and I went out for a dinner date one day and I was wearing my black "Flying Skate" Pavel Bure jersey and she was wearing a long-sleeve Vancouver Canucks t-shirt in blue with the traditional logo. Some patron was walking out and stopped by the table and joked: "Uh oh, opposite team shirts, better watch out for that!" *insert stereotypical white guy belly laugh*.

I didn't have the heart or the patience to explain to him that these two very different looking logos and color schemes are, in fact, from the same team. lol

Disclaimer: Neither of us are Canucks fans.
you went on a date in a jersey?

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I saw a Snoop Dogg wearing a Springfield Indians jersey.

On a side note, I'm from Springfield so it's funny to me. The Thunderbirds had a throwback night a year or two ago where they wore the old Indians jerseys and had $5 "gin and juice" in honor of Snoop :laugh:

After being associated with hockey jerseys due to Gin and Juice, it was also part of Snoop Dogg's thing for a while, where he would wear the local hockey jersey of whatever city he was in.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
saw the new guitarist for RHCP wear an Oilers jersey at their latest show through town about 2-3 years ago. He didnt have it on long. But did not throw it on the floor.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Saw a young African American woman (maybe 20 years old) wearing an old school Ottawa Senators jersey at an Amazon warehouse in the Philadelphia market...she had no idea what the jersey was.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

shello

Mar 5, 2011
Dana Point, CA
I saw a Phil Kessel jersey at the beach in Oceanside California and a Patrick Sharp Hawks one in Santa Monica. Both proper beach attire

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
A few summers ago I saw a guy, probably in his mid-60s, in a Costco parking lot in Nova Scotia wearing a Carolina Hurricanes Stanley Cup champions hat & t-shirt. He had a local plate too. That's the only Hurricanes fan I've ever seen in person.
Cains fans are like Bigfoot ,total myth :laugh:

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
13731523_10104077115175334_7963641970568239386_n.jpg

Probably a 'you had to be there' moment, but I went to see a Padres@Cardinals game in July 2016. That day the Rangers traded Derick Brassard, and as I was taking pictures of the stadium I spot this lone guy wearing a Brassard jersey shirt. He was just staring into the distance looking kinda bummed. I was tempted to pat him on the back since I remember how gutted I was when Jason Arnott was dealt.

Reactions: HerpaDerp

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
you went on a date in a jersey?
Yes, lol. My girlfriend and I go out for dinner every Friday, usually to the same local restaurant, so it's a pretty casual thing. I wear various jerseys probably 75% of our Friday dates, lol.

valeriammm

Beers/Bikes/Bums
Sep 21, 2018
Yes, lol. My girlfriend and I go out for dinner every Friday, usually to the same local restaurant, so it's a pretty casual thing. I wear various jerseys probably 75% of our Friday dates, lol.
Oh my impression was that you were just meeting for the first time or so lol

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I live near Dallas Tx and was walking through the mall and saw a Patrick Kane jersey and then about 15 minutes later saw a Brent Seabrook. Down here you don't see that many Dallas Stars jerseys outside of a game
The Hawks have a very large bandwagon.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Oh my impression was that you were just meeting for the first time or so lol
A co-worker of mine who is a bit of a work-mom type of friend suggested that I wear a jersey and jeans for the first time I was meeting the girl I'm currently with, lol I thought it would have been a bit silly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->