Your most random Hockey Jersey/Fan sightings

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
i wanna hear some good stories of random fan or random jersey sightings you have encountered over the years out in public . I once saw a random African amaerican man at my job sporting a team Finland Selanne jersey who didn't really know what the Jersey or player was which I though was a little funny haha. Hope to here some good ones in here...

Reactions: Fixxer

bh53

Sep 18, 2017
Victoria
One time in Kamloops BC I saw a guy wearing a Flyers jersey and after driving through a few more blocks I saw someone wearing a Penguins jersey. I'm not sure if they encountered each other or not hopefully they didn't.

blueinbigd

Mar 8, 2012
I live near Dallas Tx and was walking through the mall and saw a Patrick Kane jersey and then about 15 minutes later saw a Brent Seabrook. Down here you don't see that many Dallas Stars jerseys outside of a game

Whaleafs

“The Leafs are mulch again”
Mar 24, 2017
HFX
A few summers ago I saw a guy, probably in his mid-60s, in a Costco parking lot in Nova Scotia wearing a Carolina Hurricanes Stanley Cup champions hat & t-shirt. He had a local plate too. That's the only Hurricanes fan I've ever seen in person.

NyIander

Feb 18, 2019
I saw someone with a signed Mike Komisarek leafs jersey. Still trying to forget that era.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I live near Dallas Tx and was walking through the mall and saw a Patrick Kane jersey and then about 15 minutes later saw a Brent Seabrook. Down here you don't see that many Dallas Stars jerseys outside of a game

Yep. Even at the games you'll normally see some Chicago fans, maybe a Crosby jersey, and other random stuff. I think people just wear something hockey related and think it doesn't matter as long as its the same sport lol

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
I saw a guy riding his mountain bike in a Datsyuk jersey. We do ride in jerseys but you don't see that many hockey jerseys out in the woods in July.

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
A few summers ago I saw a guy, probably in his mid-60s, in a Costco parking lot in Nova Scotia wearing a Carolina Hurricanes Stanley Cup champions hat & t-shirt. He had a local plate too. That's the only Hurricanes fan I've ever seen in person.

Must be somebody's dad / brother / uncle. :laugh:

I don't have any random stories, but I was in Cologne this autumn for the Oilers / Haie game. It was cool to see so many oilers jerseys around town (usually pretty rare in Germany). I'd say about 1/2 of them were genuine oilers fans (either Canadians on vacation, or european-based fans), while the other half were generally just Draisaitl fans.

Eat The Rich

Jun 17, 2017
Hell, I own a Coyotes desert jersey because I had a friend visit from Arizona who traded it for one of every Canadian coin.

Sep 19, 2008
Seen way too many of them. Lot of people wear jerseys from teams that aren't playing in the game. Other day some guy in a Rangers jersey was sitting in the back of Capital One Arena. When the other team scored he started to stand up and cheer :laugh:

Also seen 2 Penguins fans (although across the ice) at a Capitals watch party. They were booed every time they came up and down the aisles :laugh:

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
Did he want to play duck duck goose with you?

Reactions: Pens x

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Saw a fella with Pens jersey... "Tekashi #69" on the back. I felt like beating the living shit out of that fella. I had anger issues back then.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I saw someone in a Steve Mason Flyers jersey at Disney World about four or five years ago. Oh Steve, Hex and Hakstol did you so dirty...

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
This isn't exactly a jersey "sighting", but my girlfriend and I went out for a dinner date one day and I was wearing my black "Flying Skate" Pavel Bure jersey and she was wearing a long-sleeve Vancouver Canucks t-shirt in blue with the traditional logo. Some patron was walking out and stopped by the table and joked: "Uh oh, opposite team shirts, better watch out for that!" *insert stereotypical white guy belly laugh*.

I didn't have the heart or the patience to explain to him that these two very different looking logos and color schemes are, in fact, from the same team. lol

Disclaimer: Neither of us are Canucks fans.

Reactions: bh53

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
I saw a Snoop Dogg wearing a Springfield Indians jersey.

On a side note, I'm from Springfield so it's funny to me. The Thunderbirds had a throwback night a year or two ago where they wore the old Indians jerseys and had $5 "gin and juice" in honor of Snoop :laugh:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Living in New York, I've seen pretty much everyone.

My favorite was a family of tourists from Nashville who saw my Sharks hat and came up to me to talk about hockey. The one dude was wearing a Predators hat. Nice folks.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Was in Cancun one year during playoffs, brought my Penguins jersey for fun to take a pic on the beach. As it happens, the cabanas on the beach were numbered w/black & gold letters, so I looked for #87. The people sitting in that one turned out to be Flyers fans! We had a fun talk for a while.

I saw a Snoop Dogg wearing a Springfield Indians jersey.

On a side note, I'm from Springfield so it's funny to me. The Thunderbirds had a throwback night a year or two ago where they wore the old Indians jerseys and had $5 "gin and juice" in honor of Snoop :laugh:

I'm originally from Spfld (and surrounding areas) too and that video is legendary on that alone.

dragovici

Dec 24, 2013
in orbit
I was backpacking in the outback of Australia, working in a licquor store. One day a ~40 year old guy walks in with shorts, a hat and a f***ing #33 Sedin Canucks home jersey. I went ”Hey buddy, nice jersey you got there” and he just f***ing stared at me like i was talking about high level math or something. He apparently had no clue it was a hockey team even

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad