Your least favorite Penguin?

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
I dont hate any player as a person because I have never had the chance to get to know the individual personally.

But for the life of me I can not comprehend how a professional hockey player on the biggest stage can be so offensively inept night in and night out. Its like Craig Adams is allergic to the puck when its on his stick. It's frustrating because all the Pens ask from him is to block shots, clear the zone on the pk, and dump it deep in the zone on the attack. He will be two feet from his blue line and it becomes an adventure for him to get the puck out of the zone. And it usually doesn't clear. So aggravating.

For being so book smart, (I believe he graduated from Harvard), he has zero hockey IQ. The only reason I can see that he continually receives ice time is that Bylsma sees himself in Adams. I honestly believe Byslma is replaying his time through Adams. There can be no other explanation.

yankeesdynsty*

I know there at the top of the standings, but the least favorite, where do I begin....LOL

Common Sense

Dec 29, 2010

Talk about miracle on the ice. But seriously, Adams is painful to watch and when I imagine that we will have to watch him at least one more season after this..........

That's nothing. Check out this bad angle beauty by Craig Adams's twin brother Greg Adams.

We need to get this guy on Crosby's wing.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
It's hard for me to hate Adams too much as I thought he was a pretty solid contributor for us in the Stanley Cup run.

I would probably say Tanner Glass is my least favorite Pen right now. He's just wholly useless, even for a fourth liner.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Probably what aggravates me the most about Orpik, outside of his play this year, is his tendency to blame everyone and everything around him. Everything is someone else's problem with him.

He'll get walked for a goal, then stare daggers at his defensive partner on the bench. Drop a bomb of a game, then go to the press about how other guys need to compete better. Blow up the other team's best players, then expect Engelland to deal with the fallout.

These types of comments

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/5369047-74/penguins-games-orpik#axzz2qFy1uC6d

coexisting with this type of play

in the same guy would be exactly the sort of thing that makes me dislike Brooks Orpik more than anybody but Adams.

Slabber Chops

Feb 20, 2005
New Zealand
Craig Adams and it's not even close.

It's not a personal thing but he's as much a symbol of the types of players that I don't like - slow, under-sized, not particularly physical, and lacking in skill.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It's Bylsma.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Orpik played much better on another team, people would say it was his partner or whatever, but it'd be more the team he's on that knows how to use him and has the proper defensive structure to make him useful again.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Pyatt is making a good case, terrible personal tragedy but he's just not a good hockey player anymore.

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
Its Dan Bylsma and its not close.

Yep.

Fire Bylsma and bring in even a semi competent coach who will actually run the team and instant Stanley Cup. Bylsma keeps his job because he has too much talent on the team covering up for his lack of coaching ability.

Shero is next. Someone brought up earlier in the thread that if Ray Ray didn't find Corsby's Neal soon then Shero should be gone as well and I agree with that. Shero's excuse has been for years that "wingers like that just don't grow on trees". True enough, but that doesn't mean you don't find the best piece you can until then and it anyone thinks it's Pascal Dupuis don't even bother replying.

The leadership of this team (if you can call it that) sucks.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
I didn't mention him before, but Big Mouth Brooks is starting to climb the list...

I'm really starting to get aggravated over how this team has become so unlikeable outside of Sid, Geno, and the Wilkes-Barre call-ups...

So sick of entitled vets like Dupuis and Orpik (and more and more lately, Letang) spewing garbage from their lips.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
They are paid significantly more though.

Yeah that's true. The problem though is that we have better players that are just as cheap sitting in the press box every night. When healthy, there is no argument for playing both Glass and Adams.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Adams and Glass are 18th and 19th, respectively, among all Penguin forwards this season in even strength ice time per game. Both get under 10 minutes ES per game. Players like Harry Z and Ebbett got more ES ice time than those 2.

That's not really a fair comparison since Harry Z and Ebbett wouldn't be on the roster of a healthy Penguins team. Harry Z was playing on the second line as a fill in for a while.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I didn't mention him before, but Big Mouth Brooks is starting to climb the list...

I'm really starting to get aggravated over how this team has become so unlikeable outside of Sid, Geno, and the Wilkes-Barre call-ups...

So sick of entitled vets like Dupuis and Orpik (and more and more lately, Letang) spewing garbage from their lips.

Dupuis might be a vet and definitely has his warts, but I've never seen anything that could be construed as either "entitlement" or hypocrisy in his words or his game.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
I´ve already said Orpik here. Kobasew is making a strong case, though. I´m hating that guy more and more after every second. Absolutely disgusting to watch him play a prime role :cry: He´s Sid´s buddy, so he´s safe no matter how crappy he is. Bylsma throwing him to the prime role makes it even worse. Shero is watching that circus with the smile on his face, pretty sure about that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->