Your least favorite Penguin?

Nac Bomb

Jan 12, 2011
I like the outside the box thinking but denying that he's the best in the world is difficult. He had points in all but two games over the past two months or something nutty and leads EVERYONE in the NHL by 11 points in early January

If he's saving himself then it should be fun to watch him at full steam

Im just comparing to Sid to Sid. I think he's looked better in the past, and i definitely think he can bring more.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Sid. Im only half lying. Kind of surprised he still leads the league in scoring. Been very underwhelmed by his play for a couple months. He has a game here and there where he looks like he's about to break out. Complain all you want about not finding his "Neal", but when Sid is dominating, it doesnt matter who is on his wing, he still looks like the best player out there. Ohhhh, and not to mention his passes that always get picked off through the box on the PP. Or just bad passes in general, i dont get it. Whenever i watch him lately, i just think he's saving himself for the Olympics and the playoffs.

The picked off cross box passes were really only prevalent at the start of the season. Last night, was definitely a game where he looked like he was playing the first game of the season except for the 50 seconds he looked like he was trying.

Sid was pretty much dying alive 5on5 for a pretty good stretch with K-D. DB plugged Bennett in for a short 1/2 game span. It looked good for the most part. They were getting more O-Zone pressure time but not enough results. K-C-D were put back together and K-D picked up their games and that line started to look dominant again. Then D went down.

K-C-Vitale were tried out. Showed well early but then Sid went back to dying alive mod and Neal was getting spot duty then on the RW spot full time. K-C-N were just heating up then Geno came back.

Now it's wait and see mode if Gibbons can help out, then Megna when he comes back, then BB will get a turn.

I'm actually amazed the guy is leading the league in points after all that but he's just that good. He'll always get his points, no matter who he's playing with.

It really would help matters if the 2 Olympians would start playing the level they are capable of, then the RW'er shouldn't even matter. Sid and Kunitz have to pick up their games, bottom line. No excuses.
Gibbons was probably the best player on that line last night in Vancouver in terms of a full 60 minute effort.

Nac Bomb

Jan 12, 2011
The picked off cross box passes were really only prevalent at the start of the season. Last night, was definitely a game where he looked like he was playing the first game of the season except for the 50 seconds he looked like he was trying.

Sid was pretty much dying alive 5on5 for a pretty good stretch with K-D. DB plugged Bennett in for a short 1/2 game span. It looked good for the most part. They were getting more O-Zone pressure time but not enough results. K-C-D were put back together and K-D picked up their games and that line started to look dominant again. Then D went down.

K-C-Vitale were tried out. Showed well early but then Sid went back to dying alive mod and Neal was getting spot duty then on the RW spot full time. K-C-N were just heating up then Geno came back.

Now it's wait and see mode if Gibbons can help out, then Megna when he comes back, then BB will get a turn.

I'm actually amazed the guy is leading the league in points after all that but he's just that good. He'll always get his points, no matter who he's playing with.

It really would help matters if the 2 Olympians would start playing the level they are capable of, then the RW'er shouldn't even matter. Sid and Kunitz have to pick up their games, bottom line. No excuses.
Gibbons was probably the best player on that line last night in Vancouver in terms of a full 60 minute effort.

Sid has spurts in games wheres he's really chugging, and ill agree that Neal helped opened up space for him in the few shifts they had together, definitely helped. I just dont always like his decision making, and i dont think his legs are always underneath him. I guess what im saying is that Sid has another level to his game. We've seen it before, and i want to see it again.

Ziggyjoe21

Nov 12, 2003
Pitt
Crosby, Malkin, Fleury, Letang, Kunitz, Neal and Maatta. Because they help the team win which means DB and RS don't and won't get fired.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
I find both Adams and Glass hateful.

Add Bylsma and shoot them into space.

th

DanFailsma

Mar 31, 2013
PA, USA
Sid has spurts in games wheres he's really chugging, and ill agree that Neal helped opened up space for him in the few shifts they had together, definitely helped. I just dont always like his decision making, and i dont think his legs are always underneath him. I guess what im saying is that Sid has another level to his game. We've seen it before, and i want to see it again.
I think he looks thinner. The thighs aren't quite as massive (or powerful) as they used to be.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Sid. Im only half lying. Kind of surprised he still leads the league in scoring. Been very underwhelmed by his play for a couple months. He has a game here and there where he looks like he's about to break out. Complain all you want about not finding his "Neal", but when Sid is dominating, it doesnt matter who is on his wing, he still looks like the best player out there. Ohhhh, and not to mention his passes that always get picked off through the box on the PP. Or just bad passes in general, i dont get it. Whenever i watch him lately, i just think he's saving himself for the Olympics and the playoffs.

These are the moments where I hate our fanbase.

It sucks having the best player in the world on our team. I too was completely underwhelmed by his play the past lately. (Especially that stretch where he carried the WBS Penguins to victory). I mean only performing at a 1.7PPG pace over the past 20 games and leading the league by 11 points? Total scrub.

Candyman

Aug 17, 2012
Indiana
I'm going with Brandon Sutter.

He's not at all what I expected him to be. He's the kind of guy you'd like to see really shine especially in the playoffs by being one of the leaders of the secondary scoring, and he isn't. He's good defensively but he is still a forward! I'm not expecting him to put up 20+ goals in the regular season, but you know 15-20 would be awesome and around 40 points. Yes he's on pace for 15ish goals this season but i've been really underwhelmed by him. and his role is far more important than that of Gladams or the other 4th liners i'm not a huge fan of... I expect a lot more out of him than he gives, and it sucks because he's not really replaceable as we don't have another option on our 3rd line C.

Other choices:
Glass, Adams, Losing faith in Letang, playoff Fleury, Bylsma

I get the hate for Orpik but he can at least show up in the playoffs. He's still my favorite Pen and i'll be sad to see him go, I mean I totally get it, but I still like him a lot as a player hence my username.

The Tang

I like gooooollllddd
Sep 19, 2002
Pittsburgh. PA
Visit site
Scuderi.

I don't know why everyone pulls a veil over their eyes with this guy but there's so many obvious deficiencies in his game and he receives no criticism at all. I really don't get how every defender on this team will have every piece of their game picked apart and Scuderi is just glossed over; it drives me nuts. When you pair that with a $3.325mm cap hit until he's 38 and getting worse, he's just a waste.

If his cap hit was less, I'd say either Glass or Adams since they literally add nothing. Adams is the only player I've seen who's equally effective when he doesn't have his stick...

RH710

Feb 25, 2013

I see your point. Sid still is dominating but I swear he isn't at the top of HIS capabilities. I remember watching him before his long concussion and he was absolutely setting the league on fire. I see flashes of that this year but not exactly the same. STILL, he is the best in the league for sure but I feel he can reach another level yet.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Letang would definitly be the player i hate the most, Letang isn't a bad player, but the stupid mistakes he makes game after game is really frustrating to watch.

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
I'm gonna say Letang and Fleury just because I like them both and I hope that now that they are mentioned in this thread, they start to play better. Just like Martin did after the old thread

But yeah it's Bylsma and his sidekicks Gladams and Engo

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Man there is some dewshbaggery going on in here. How can anyone list Orpik as their least favorite player? Are you blaming him for getting old and run-down (at least by NHL D standards)? He's had a lot of great moments for this team and done a lot of good things for the team over the years. Every player gets old and slow and reaches his "time to go". Orpik said himself that he basically throttles the intensity down during the regular season in order to stay healthy enough to be at full intensity during the playoffs, so yah... his time is nearing. No idea how that warrants hate. ****ing stupid.

If you're going to hate on someone at least pick someone who has consistently sucked during his entire time here or most of it / contributed very little at any time.

I can see the hate for Glass or even Adams to a lesser degree. Maybe Fleury for his legendary playoff choking in recent years... beyond that not much to hate except the way the team is coached / the "homey" culture that has been built.

I think Glass is probably the most representative of everything that's wrong with this team, so he'll get my vote. Guys like Kobasew and Pyatt are "drifters". Most likely their time here won't last the equivalent of a full season. Not even worth the calories required to generate a particle of hate.

Last edited:

Michael8771*

Letang would definitly be the player i hate the most, Letang isn't a bad player, but the stupid mistakes he makes game after game is really frustrating to watch.
I can definitely see where you're coming from. He's talented just plays a very risky brand of hockey.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Man there is some dewshbaggery going on in here. How can anyone list Orpik as their least favorite player? Are you blaming him for getting old and run-down (at least by NHL D standards)? He's had a lot of great moments for this team and done a lot of good things for the team over the years. Every player gets old and slow and reaches his "time to go". No idea how that warrants hate. ****ing stupid.

If you're going to hate on someone at least pick someone who has consistently sucked during his entire time here or most of it / contributed very little at any time.

I can see the hate for Glass or even Adams to a lesser degree. Maybe Fleury for his legendary playoff choking in recent years... beyond that not much to hate except the way the team is coached / the "homey" culture that has been built.

I think Glass is probably the most representative of everything that's wrong with this team, so he'll get my vote. Guys like Kobasew and Pyatt are "drifters". Most likely their time here won't last the equivalent of a full season. Not even worth the calories required to generate a particle of hate.

Well the question was least favorite Penguin not the player you hated. I don't hate anyone. At this juncture, based on how he is used and has played, Orpik is up there as least favorite Penguin and deservedly so. The problem is, there is always the qualifier of "how he is used" which is a coaching issue and not the player's fault.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Well the question was least favorite Penguin not the player you hated. I don't hate anyone. At this juncture, based on how he is used and has played, Orpik is up there as least favorite Penguin and deservedly so. The problem is, there is always the qualifier of "how he is used" which is a coaching issue and not the player's fault.

Understood but I'm using hate as in "hating on a player" (hating the way they play, not wanting them here, etc), not literal bigotry-style hate or wishing hurtful **** on a person. Least favorite player as in, "that POS doesn't deserve to be here". That's the main vibe I'm getting; not saying anyone is doing the "real hate".

But I don't even see the cause for the "lesser form" of hate that I'm talking about. Orpik is just wearing down. He's taken a hell of a lot of abuse over the years so it's predictable IMO that he's going to start being a liability. Can't blame a guy for getting old and slowing down is all I'm saying. Or for getting hurt when your style of play is very physical / hard on the body.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Understood but I'm using hate as in "hating on a player" (hating the way they play, not wanting them here, etc), not literal bigotry-style hate or wishing hurtful **** on a person. Least favorite player as in, "that POS doesn't deserve to be here". That's the main vibe I'm getting; not saying anyone is doing the "real hate".

But I don't even see the cause for the "lesser form" of hate that I'm talking about. Orpik is just wearing down. He's taken a hell of a lot of abuse over the years so it's predictable IMO that he's going to start being a liability. Can't blame a guy for getting old and slowing down is all I'm saying. Or for getting hurt when your style of play is very physical / hard on the body.

I can blame him for ****** decision making that doesn't rely on his body. I don't hate him, though... I could get there, given enough time if he's re-signed.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Adams and Orpik are probably tied.

Sutter would be with them, but he's not bad, per se, so much as he is an embarrassment to the family name.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad