WWE: Your kid's favorite wrestler?

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Odd question but just curious as to whom your son or daughter gravitate towards as you're watching wrestling...primarily WWE. When you go to event with your kids, whose shirt do they wear?

I just became a dad more than a week ago and I'm already laughing at how my son is flexing his arms and I'm saying "Get these hands!" when he waves his hands around. I might look for a Braun onesie for him just for my amusement. My wife isn't a wrestling fan so that reference will go over her head.

Also, at what age do you suggest taking your kids to a house show? I'd imagine it wouldn't be that different than what age you'd take your kids to a baseball or hockey game.

Thanks for indulging me...

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
My daughter just turned 1 three weeks ago so I can't help on the favorite wrestler part of the question but I can add a little insight on the 2nd part.

We have not taken her to any wrestling shows, but we did take her to a baseball game last season so she would have been maybe 4-5 months, at that point they are immobile so they can be somewhat easy to handle but on the other hand if they are cranky you might be leaving in the 2nd inning....add in the diaper bag and other stuff and it can be a real undertaking.

We did manage a few trips to the drive-in movies where she mostly napped, so that is something you might be able to swing if you want a night out without needing childcare.

From going with friends with kids I would say probably kindergarten to first grade age would be the minimum age where they could enjoy themselves somewhat but again the chances of them "dying of boredom" are also still very high.

Most of all, enjoy every moment, it is an awesome thing, sometimes it will be the most challenging thing you've ever done and other times you will piss yourself laughing and what they are doing, I am currently being climbed on like a jungle gym as I try to type this.

Congrats

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i was going to wrestling shows since a baby, but because my grand parents loved it. not because they would think i would like it (which i did. and thats the exact reason i love wrestling as much as i do. memories)

and dont want or can afford children. so yeah no on the actual question.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
My daughter is 6 and likes Alexa Bliss because of the Harley Quinn stuff and the long skeleton gloves/fingernails. She’s her favourite.

Also likes Naomi because of the whole glow and dancing thing. From the males, likes Matt Hardy because she says he’s funny and crazy.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
I had to laugh. I was watching Raw on DVR yesterday and during Roode's entrance, my son threw his arms out when he heard "GLOOOORIOUS!". Just a reflex I'm sure but it was still funny.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
My son is 7 and just started getting into wrestling, but he likes the usual guys like Cena, Bryan and Styles.

I've been getting him more into NXT lately though and he goes nuts for Gargano. He loves the Undisputed Era theme too and makes me play it in the car.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
My son is 7 and just started getting into wrestling, but he likes the usual guys like Cena, Bryan and Styles.

I've been getting him more into NXT lately though and he goes nuts for Gargano. He loves the Undisputed Era theme too and makes me play it in the car.
I find myself humming the Undisputed Era theme a lot lately just out of the blue.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
My 13y/o son loves SinCara and Rey Mysterio. He despises John Cena. He went to his first show at 11 years old.

My 9 y/o son loves John Cena. He can't stand the Miz. Haven't taken him yet.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I don't have any kids, but when I was a kid my favourite was Bret Hart. And also Adam Bomb since I am an idiot.

My dad was never a huge wrestling fan, but he'd watch it with me. He loved Macho Man as he is a smart man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->