OT: Your Job?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Immunologist (scientist not MD).

Worked on HIV during my master. After that worked for a contract research organization that did pre-clinical. Right now, I work for the NRC mostly on cancer stuff with Canadian companies, but that focus might change due to you know what.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009

Worked on HIV during my master. After that worked for a contract research organization that did pre-clinical. Right now, I work for the NRC mostly on cancer stuff with Canadian companies, but that focus might change due to you know what.
Lost both parents to cancer, so appreciate what people like you do.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I'm ... I don't even know how to call it in english, in french : accompagnant éducatif et social. Basically, I go to elderly and/or handicapped people's homes and help them try to remain autonomous, or gain autonomy (when people are back from surgery and need to stay home for a while). I do an incredible amount of things with and for them. Not the easiest job but these people can't drive, or even walk most of the time. I spend time with them, sometimes they have no family or friends, they need help with everything : to wash themselves, to get up, to walk (with canes/walkers/wheelchairs , to prepare food, do their shopping (food mostly), basic housecleaning ...
I'm also here to advise them regarding their health and security, trying to teach them good habits, make them aware of the technical solutions (mechanized beds, walkers, ...) which could help them ease their difficulties. Still, the best part of the job is to enter people's lives, share each other's stories, have some fun together and building a relationship.

My father basically needs someone around the clock so I appreciate people like you being around to help vulnerable people.

That said, the irony is your username is Death.

Reactions: Death and Acadien86

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I burn lots of gas, make lots of noise and sometimes travel the speed of sound.....I’m an essential therefore still
Employed.

My heart goes out to all who’ve lost their jobs, hang in their lady’s and gents, this will pass and we will all be able to retrieve some stability and normality to our lives soon enough.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Worked at a bar that I'm pretty sure is ran by the mob. The other day someone came in and asked for cranberry juice then all hell broke loose.

Which one?

Started cégep on 2004.

Graduated from cégep in 2019.

Just started University.

Will probably be old enough to retire once I graduate.

(In the meantime I’m working for a company specialized in computer repairs, closed right now, and completing an internship in a field which I’m not even studying anymore, working from home. My life is a mess but hey I’m still happy I guess)

Damn that makes me feel better about my situation, thank you :laugh:
Started 2010
Currently in university

Reactions: DavePeak

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I'm the General Manager of a fancy ass Country Club but it's located in Saudi Arabia...and I'm stuck here until mid-may as they shut their international borders there till then.
Was paid these past 2 months here but CEO wants to have a call this week to ''catch up''...hope that's all it'll be and not a catch-up-you-fired surprised.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
I'm the General Manager of a fancy ass Country Club but it's located in Saudi Arabia...and I'm stuck here until mid-may as they shut their international borders there till then.
Was paid these past 2 months here but CEO wants to have a call this week to ''catch up''...hope that's all it'll be and not a catch-up-you-fired surprised.
You're speaking the saudi arabian accent there?

Death

Formerly reaping souls as Death ...
Apr 24, 2014
France, Alps
My father basically needs someone around the clock so I appreciate people like you being around to help vulnerable people.

That said, the irony is your username is Death.

Death is a part of my job ... but my avatar and username refer to one of the brightest (musically speaking) metal bands, my other passion with hockey :yo:

Reactions: ArtPeur and CDN24

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
I work in aerospace engineering, in the CAF. Comp sci degree, but I haven't 'used' that in about 13 years now. Almost 18 years in, 7 to go to 25 then going over to public service.

Please stay home as long as the govt says. I really don't want to see the good folks from our Brigades in Edmonton, Pet, QC and Gagetown in the streets of major Canadian cities. This is NOT Peru, no offense to them but Canada is a class above.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York

Hey buddy, can we chat off-forum, I'm working on a project.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I am an engineer in electronics but I never worked in that field since right after college I became a train traffic controller. When I moved to the US I got into accounting and now I am reconciling bank accounts, do tax returns for QSFs and wire large sums of money to attorneys (class action lawsuits).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad