Proposal: Your Hot Takes / BOLD Predictions

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
JP scores at a 25 goal pace over an 82 game season (17 goals this year according to The Head Crusher who’s math I trust more than mine) and by the end of the season, people are pencilling him into the top line for next season.

tippett wins coach of the year

Last edited:
Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Pulju plays and looks similar to before he left for the Finnish league.

HFOil melts down <— this part is predictable though.

Deplorable Lenny

Mar 2, 2017
British Columbia
Oilers have a hot start and are contending for the division all year.

Trade our 1st at the deadline for the 1st time since 06.

Drai abd mcdavid both have minor injuries that keep them out of the trophy races but both return healthy by the playoffs and the Oilers go on run!

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
We get Hall at the TDL, if not by then we get him during the offseason.

Just like Rickroll this meme isn't going to die anytime soon. Unless some other team signs him for term in this economy (lol).

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016
Calgary sucks and the retained salary on looch is the best money the oil spend all season as he torpedoes their post season in 4 games. its all on him this year with first shot talbot having moved on.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Kyle Turris emerges as the player he once was in Ottawa. He forces Tippet's hand and finds himself playing mostly on skill lines at even strength.

Wouldn't doubt it. Nashville has killed offense for everyone. If Forsberg was on another team he'd probably be a point per game player. Practicing and playing with McDrai would re-ignite his natural offensive instincts.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Wouldn't doubt it. Nashville has killed offense for everyone. If Forsberg was on another team he'd probably be a point per game player. Practicing and playing with McDrai would re-ignite his natural offensive instincts.
Yes. By the end of the year Turris spends 50 percent of his time on McDavids LW with RNH back on the line with Draisaitl because of Leon's defensive woes. RNH also plays a fair amount of time as the 3rd line centre.

Bouchard shows an overall game by the end of the year and in the last 15 games is playing full time while Barrie is occasionally sitting.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Koskinen continues to improve and plays 75% of the games with Forsberg getting a handful of games and Smith getting the rest . The Oilers get better play from goal than all but the Habs and Jets in the division. The improved play in net helps the Oilers win the division with 72 points.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Oilers vs Flames on May 7 decides whether Edmonton gets the 4th spot in the division or misses the playoffs.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Bouchard out playing Barrie is my hot take for the season.

When it comes to the Oilers I am usually cautiously optimistic. I have a bad feeling this year. Last year was no fluke but the team wasn't near as strong as 2016 for example and they crashed and burned in 2017.

Tippett has his work cut out for him I don't have the faith in him that many on here do. I feel we are picking up where we left off in the post season rather than the success of the regular season. Let's hope Tippett can get everyone clicking and do some damage in both the season and the post season this time.

Reactions: barry halls

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Barrie reaches 50 points this season. Returns to Colorado form and has many saying he’s a top pair D again. Gets a long term big ticket to stay in Edmonton at seasons end

Bear goes from fan favorite to whipping boy, regresses and is playing bottom pair by season end. Both of Jones/Bouchard jump him on the depth chart.

Mike Smith only starts 10 games this season. Oilers are hunting for a new goalie with the season hanging in the balance at game 20.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->