Your hopes for the 12/13 "season"

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Shortened season is the perfect time for an "average" team (which is what the Sens are) to sneak into the playoffs and make some noise.

Our odds of winning a cup went up because of the lockout, not down.

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
Try to make the playoffs to give the younger players more experience.

Just out of curiousity, was the CBA amended in the end so that all non-playoff teams had a chance at 1st overall pick or is it still a bottom-five system?

[EDIT] It would seem Fenix just answered my question. Thank you.

- The draft lottery selection process will change with all 14 teams fully eligible for the first overall pick. The weighting system for each team may remain, but four-spot move restriction will be eliminated

This is the same structure as the NBA draft isn't it? How often does the worst team in the NBA lose out on the number 1 pick?

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
This is the same structure as the NBA draft isn't it? How often does the worst team in the NBA lose out on the number 1 pick?

Out of the shadows at last...

Anywho I remember one year, big daddy stern gave the bulls rose (think they were somewhere in the 9-12 zone). here is what I got off wiki:

"With a slim 1.7% chance of winning the rights to draft number 1, the Bulls won the 2008 NBA Draft Lottery and selected first overall. With this, the Bulls became the team with the lowest chance of winning to ever win the lottery since it was modified for the 1994 NBA Draft, and second lowest ever."

As to how many teams win the first pick every time I watch it, the worst team doesnt win the top pick. So I m hoping we end up with the the first pick if we dont make the playoffs. And why not? We were screwed over by the last cba.

EDIT: just checked every nba draft since 2006. Worst team did not win any of them :\

Last edited:

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
EDIT: just checked every nba draft since 2006. Worst team did not win any of them :\

This is exactly how it should work. No more fail for nail campaigns.

Plus, think how exciting it would be to have a draft selection by weighted lottery, where the first 14 picks are drawn team by team. It would be a great event for television, tonnes of drama with lots of winners and losers, and it would give every non-playoff team's fans something to anticipate near the end of the season.

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
This is exactly how it should work. No more fail for nail campaigns.

Plus, think how exciting it would be to have a draft selection by weighted lottery, where the first 14 picks are drawn team by team. It would be a great event for television, tonnes of drama with lots of winners and losers, and it would give every non-playoff team's fans something to anticipate near the end of the season.

True, would be awesome if ottawa just missed the playoffs and ended up with mackinnon.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas

Oddly enough in the NBA, the 4th spot is just about as likely to get the first overall as the 1st slot. People always joke that they would rather be 4th than dead last.

BUCKLE UP

MVPTP
Nov 30, 2009
Ottawa
Edler will end up in Ottawa.

We'll make the playoffs. We'll be down 3-0 in the first series... come back and win the series, then breeze by to the finals. We'll then be swept. :(

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I think this team might fall somewhat this year. I think we overachieved a bit last year, nobody is going to take us lightly, add to that our backend is pretty weak and we might be in for a bad year.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Well a lot of people are predicting a 15th place finish in that thread on the general board (mostly oiler fans...did we do something to them?) so I guess that means we will have a season similar to the last one, and a playoff berth haha

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Well a lot of people are predicting a 15th place finish in that thread on the general board (mostly oiler fans...did we do something to them?) so I guess that means we will have a season similar to the last one, and a playoff berth haha

We exposed them for taking advantage of tsn's voting thing in the summer.

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa
Its a year to tank but we shouldnt.

Tanking would mean Karlsson regress, Spezza is average, all our young gun are sub par to average. We dont need that.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com

The majority of the predictions in that thread have us in the playoffs...

Trevor Lahey

Jul 16, 2009
ON
Jesus Christ I thought we were past the 'tanking' thing.

****. We're a playoff team and I expect to make the playoffs. Might I be disappointed? Of course, but I think this team is good enough that we should be past thinking about finishing very low in the standings.

So glad the NHL is back, look forward to talking and reading more Sens (minus any tank chatter dammit) soon!

PS I know our D looks real weak right now but I really don't think it's going to be a major issue.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
We'll also be able to keep Bishop as RFA if we can get him into enough games.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
I'd prefer going as far as possible. Do it for Alfie!

I never am a fan of the tanking business. That said, I could see it really ending up any which way.

I really just want it to be like last year in the way that we faught hard, pretty much every night, and to the bitter end. I just want that to happen again this year. Win or Lose, I want some fight in our team!

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Playoffs or we have regressed.

Karlsson should only be better. Spezza will have more comfortable linemates, Turris is more NHL suitable, Methot is an upgrade over Kuba, Deeper forwards, healthier Alfredsson than previous years, another year where the players have learned to by into the MacLean system, potential trades to improve this team.

IF for some way or reason we miss playoffs(A lot of injures) I want Lindholm or Hagg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad