Your hopes for the 12/13 "season"

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
We all know how decimated/weak we are on the back end, and how we are, let's be honest, not Cup contenders, and that making the playoffs last year, while it was a VERY pleasant surprise, was not something to indicate that we are a perennial playoff team for at least a couple more years. We also all know how deep the 2013 draft class is. With that said, what are you hoping for this year, to make a push for a playoff spot, or to finish as low in the standings as possible (this year only), since we are not contenders anyway, get a high pick in this deep draft, and try to push deeper into the playoffs in 13/14 and beyond?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Don't care.

If we make the playoffs, we get playoff hockey... and playoff hockey is a fantastic development tool for our young guys.

If we don't make the playoffs, it's a hella-deep draft year. Anyone in the top-15 are going to be good, good players in this league.

Silver lining to both viewpoints. I'm just glad there's actually going to be a season this year.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
Pretty much during this "3 year plan" I will be riding the "I ain't even mad train". If Ottawa makes the playoffs this year then awesome. If Ottawa fails to make it and continues to build on their already impressive prospect pool then awesome as well.

I think by this point anyone Ottawa calls up has played enough AHL games to go back for their playoffs? That way even if the big team fails then Silfverberg can get some playoff experience in NA.

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
Hell, there's no better time to tank than in a shortened season amirite?

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
Don't care.

If we make the playoffs, we get playoff hockey... and playoff hockey is a fantastic development tool for our young guys.

If we don't make the playoffs, it's a hella-deep draft year. Anyone in the top-15 are going to be good, good players in this league.

Silver lining to both viewpoints. I'm just glad there's actually going to be a season this year.

The season is so short that essentially the whole regular season will be playoff hockey. That, and knowing that a high pick in this ultra-deep draft is the best thing for this team to become a perennial contender, rather than a tweener between a playoff team and a bottom feeder.

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
Whatever happens, happens.

Stick to the plan and dont make any dumb decisions for Alfie, or any other one player. If we make the playoffs, great. We play our tails off and try to win the cup.

If we miss, hopefully we get a high pick. Draft BPA. And give it a go next year.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
Whatever happens, happens.

Stick to the plan and dont make any dumb decisions for Alfie, or any other one player. If we make the playoffs, great. We play our tails off and try to win the cup.

If we miss, hopefully we get a high pick. Draft BPA. And give it a go next year.

if we're sitting in the 7-11 range at the trade deadline I fully endorse making a dumb decision for Alfie.

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
if we're sitting in the 7-11 range at the trade deadline I fully endorse making a dumb decision for Alfie.

And riding our goalie who has never won a playoff series? With our suspect defense?

Yeah good luck with that.

Fitch89

Sep 11, 2011
Playoffs would be awesome, but realistically I see this being more of a scouting season. Gives us a chance to find out who can make the transition to the NHL and where our holes truly are as opposed to the obvious gaps on paper. With our huge amount of cap space and the lack thereof on other teams, we could fill the gaps we find this season in June and have a pretty kickass team next year.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
How can you have playoffs with a 48 game season? To my knowledge there is no official announcement that there will be playoffs or even if the cup will be awarded to anyone.

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
How can you have playoffs with a 48 game season? To my knowledge there is no official announcement that there will be playoffs or even if the cup will be awarded to anyone.

Are u being serious or??

There has to be playoffs

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I "hope" we add a dman (or 2) and I hope we make the playoffs and go on a run. Why waste Alfie's last year? We don't need to add a lot to give us a chance - just find a good D and maybe another depth D and lets give it a shot.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Is no one paying attention? The draft order is going to change, specifically for the purpose of reducing the incentives for tanking. (I'm hoping the entire top 14 gets doled out via lottery)

You guys are just going to have to suck it up and start cheering for your favourite team to win again.

Cynick

Know-Nothing
Dec 24, 2008
Toronto
Try to make the playoffs to give the younger players more experience.

Just out of curiousity, was the CBA amended in the end so that all non-playoff teams had a chance at 1st overall pick or is it still a bottom-five system?

[EDIT] It would seem Fenix just answered my question. Thank you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad