Your Hockey BUCKET LIST

Buck Aki Berg

Done with this place
Sep 17, 2008
Ottawa, ON
I don't get the desire to see an NHL game in every arena. If it's something that happens to occur, great, but who plans a vacation around a hockey game in Raleigh or Columbus? I don't mean to trash the cities, but is there anything to do in those places, other than watch a hockey game and then hit a bar after?

Disclaimer: I realize you could say the same thing about where I'm from; I don't pretend to think that Ottawa has anything on Columbus :laugh:

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Heh, I've spoiled myself.

Done:

Been to an NHL game, AHL game, ECHL game, CHL game, youth hockey, Div I, III all in one season. Went to an NHL game for free, been to a playoff game. Worked ECHL, Div I and Div III games.

Want to do:

Went to college with an MLB pitcher. Almost had a fist fight with and NFL HOF, shook hands with another NFL HOF, had an NFL QB shake my hand and break my wrist. need to meet an NHL player. Watch a USHL and CIS game. Other than that, I'm cool.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Things I've checked off
-Go to a playoff game, won in overtime
-Go to a home opener
-Go to the last game of the season
-Sit down by the glass

Things I still want to do
-See the Blues win a Stanley Cup
-Go to a series clinching playoff game
-Become a regular season ticket holder

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Good idea for a thread; got me thinking...

On the list:

* Flyers winning the Cup
* Attend a game in every arena (completed 11 out of 30: Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, Buffalo, Detroit, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Columbus, Chicago, Vancouver, Los Angeles)
* Attend a playoff OT game
* Attend a Game 7

Would be nice to cross off all 4 at the same time. ;)

Crossed off:

* See the Flyers live on my birthday (Game 4 vs Chicago in 2010)
* See a Flyers playoff game (same game as above)
* Attend a draft (Vancouver in 2006)

No longer possible:

* Watch a childhood friend lift the Cup (knew a few guys who made the show; all out of the league now and unlikely to return given our ages)

There are probably more and I see some good ones in the thread that I didn't think of myself.

Last edited:

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Things I've checked off
*See my teams win a Stanley Cup
*See my teams in the Eastern Conference Final (live and on TV)
*See Mario Lemieux and Jaromir Jagr play in person
*Sit down by the glass
*See an ECHL, AHL, and NHL game

Things Remaining
*See one of my teams win a Stanley Cup live
*Go to a Euro game (Eisbaren Berlin? Slavia Praha? Sparta Praha?)
*Go to a Hurricanes-Pens game in Pittsburgh
*Get the autograph of one of Mario, Crosby, Malkin, or Fleury
*See an all-Sun Belt Stanley Cup final (Canes-Preds, please and thank you)
*Go to a game in each Sun Belt arena (preferably with the Hurricanes)

Last edited:

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
Section 308
Done: Be in the building when the Hurricanes win the Stanley Cup

To Do: See a game (preferably with the Hurricanes) in every other NHL arena, only 29 to go

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I don't get the desire to see an NHL game in every arena. If it's something that happens to occur, great, but who plans a vacation around a hockey game in Raleigh or Columbus? I don't mean to trash the cities, but is there anything to do in those places, other than watch a hockey game and then hit a bar after?

Disclaimer: I realize you could say the same thing about where I'm from; I don't pretend to think that Ottawa has anything on Columbus :laugh:

I'm gonna go ahead and assume that this is trolling. Because it might be the stupidest thing I've ever read if not :laugh:

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Go to a SCF game 7...I was that close 2 years ago, already was going to Chicago for a Mets/White Sox series and game 7 would have fallen in that window, tickets for 500$ were still on stubhub and my friend was willing to pay as well as me...then the final 90 seconds of game 6 happened...if I never get a chance again that'll hurt. The only other one is to follow the Isles on a stand through Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver, unfortunately tough winter conditions for driving as well as not great air travel from the states up to canada makes it tough to do, hoping one year they go out there in October to make it easy.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Things I've checked off:

See Carolina win a Cup
See four sun belt teams all in the same conference semis (STL//LAK & PHX//NSH a few years ago)
Wear a Scott Walker jersey in Boston
Wear an Ulf Samuelsson jersey in Boston
Wear a Justin Williams jersey in Montréal
See Calgary lose a Cup
See Edmonton lose a Cup
See Vancouver lose a Cup
Wear a Boston jersey in Vancouver
Wear a Hurricanes jersey and yell "2006" at anyone I see wearing an Oilers jersey (still in progress)
Wear an Andrew Ladd jersey in Edmonton
Play "Rock You Like a Hurricane" very loud at a road arena (Game 4 in 2006)

Things I still need to do:

Start an "AT-LAN-TA'S BET-TER!! *clap*, *clap*, *clap* *clap* *clap*" chant at a Winnipeg game in the South
See an all sunbelt Cup Finals (Nashville//Carolina would be the bestest)
See a Canadian team never win another Cup in my lifetime.
See an expansion team in Montgomery, AL
See an expansion team in Oxford, MS
See an expansion team in Shreveport, LA
See hockey come back to the great city of Atlanta
See a struggling Canadian team(s) relocated to Seattle and//or Kansas City

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Things I've checked off:

See Carolina win a Cup
See four sun belt teams all in the same conference semis (STL//LAK & PHX//NSH a few years ago)

See Calgary lose a Cup
See Edmonton lose a Cup
See Vancouver lose a Cup
Wear a Hurricanes jersey and yell "2006" at anyone I see wearing an Oilers jersey (still in progress)

Start an "AT-LAN-TA'S BET-TER!! *clap*, *clap*, *clap* *clap* *clap*" chant at a Winnipeg game in the South

Are the Blues even remotely considered Sun Belt? As for the jerseys...that's gold, Jerry! Gold!

londonHK

Feb 27, 2014
Things I've checked off:

See Carolina win a Cup
See Calgary lose a Cup
See Edmonton lose a Cup
See Vancouver lose a Cup

Haters gonna hate.

carolinacanuck

Apr 5, 2007
The Carolinas
Hoist or at least touch the Stanley Cup
Get a game-used puck naturally (not bought)
See my team in my lifetime win the Cup
Visit hockey hall of fame
Go to an Olympic game

i went to the hockey hall of fame and it was near the end of the day and i was admiring the stanley cup in the cathedral. it was just me, the cup and a security guard over in the corner.

i said to the guard...'nobody is around, it's just you and me. would you be ok i lifted the cup for a quick second?'

he said in a steely cold voice...

'sorry, sir...the only way you can lift that cup is to win four rounds of the best of 7'

true story.

icekoob

4th Liner
May 16, 2010
VALPO/chicago
Mine is pretty simple:

See Hawks win the Cup again - in person.

See a hat trick live (I go to at least 25 or so Hawks games a year and still haven't seen one), kind of a running joke at this point, the handful of games I don't go to a year is when it always happens. Dating back to 2003. :(

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I should add "See a Canadian team win the President's Trophy, lose in round one, then relocate to the US and win the Cup the next season." to my list of things I've checked off.

South Florida Canuck

Biggest Canucks Superfan in South Florida
Jun 8, 2006
Jupiter, FL
- see the Panthers win the Stanley Cup at the BB&T Center with only 10,000 fans in attendance, and rubbing it in the faces of all the HFboards posters who think the Panthers should be relocated and what a disgrace it was that they won the cup
- see a game in Toronto
- meet Wayne Gretzky
- buy a 70's WHA-era Whalers game used jersey
- see the Panthers win the draft lottery the year a "generational" prospect comes out
- play pond hockey somewhere in Canada
- meet Don Cherry

30Rinks

Go To A Leafs Game @
Mar 27, 2010
Toronto
www.30rinks.ca

I can partially answer this - it's a fun thing to do. You're right, Ottawa & Raleigh are two of the worst arenas to visit, but almost every other city has incredible things to do around the arena's & the area. Raleigh I did on a road trip where I also went up the East coast to NYE in NYC, although there is a bit to do in the Raleigh area. The whole point is you pick the city and then make a cool trip out of it, go to a local BBQ restaurant or go tailgate at a college football game. It's a reason to go take little tiny trips and see North America (I've seen almost all of it so far just from going to hockey games, many were just little cheap weekend trips)

I've been to see the leafs at 18 of the 30 rinks so far and will be at the rest within the next couple years.

So my "have done" list is
- Saw the leafs in 18 arenas
- On the glass for Leafs Home Opener @ the ACC - http://instagram.com/p/t6Uz9ukje4/?modal=true
- In a box at the ACC - http://instagram.com/p/uRV44FEjdm/?modal=true
- Platinum club at the ACC - http://instagram.com/p/l3GpKNkjUe/?modal=true
- Train trip for opening day in Montreal with Leafs Alumni & a box at the Bell Centre, party with them for 2 days (Corson & Tucker) - http://instagram.com/p/l2mgcJEjY_/?modal=true
- Met the leafs (Fairmont in Pittsburgh) - http://instagram.com/p/v87-YBkjfV/?modal=true
- On the glass in Winnipeg, Vancouver, Pittsburgh - http://instagram.com/p/lxT389kje8/?modal=true
- Got our go leafs go chants on the TV broadcast & the radio broadcast
- Attended Leafs playoff game @ the ACC & on the road (Boston) - http://instagram.com/p/ulIYApkjeF/?modal=true
- Got to go behind the scenes in the ACC (locker room, press box, etc) - http://instagram.com/p/ssY0PgEjf8/?modal=true
- Hockey Hall of Fame
- On the TSN Broadcast & the CBC Broadcast (Also in the Hockey Night in Canada Montage) - http://instagram.com/p/t2vuafEjVd/?modal=true
- Winter Classic - http://instagram.com/p/nJRg5VkjdY/?modal=true
- Started a Tuuuuuuukkaaaa chant at Game 3 in the ACC, started a few Go Leafs Go chants
- OHL Finals game (Barrie Colts), AHL game (Marlies), WHL game (Van giants)
- Got to sing Chelsea Dagger when the leafs got scored on, didn't care :yo:

My bucketlist
- See the remaining 12 areans (Philly Columbus Islanders San Jose LA Anaheim St Louis Nashville Colorado Arizona Minnesota Dallas)
- See the Winter Classic in Toronto
- Meet Gretzky, get him to sign my 99 jersey
- See a KHL game in Minsk, Belarus
- See a game in Sweeden or europe
- See an Olympic game
- See a Gold Medal WJC game (maybe in 2 weeks)
- Meet Mats Sunduin, Patrick Roy
- London Nights game
- Throw my hat on the ice (Saw a kessel hatty but no hat :( real close in pittsburgh with Komarov last month)
- And the biggest, See the maple leafs hoist the stanley cup and enjoy the week long party that would follow :sarcasm:

As you probably guess I have an instagram account that I post on, I'm not selling anything or promote it for any reason other than I think it's cool and I like helping people travel to games (by giving tips & ways to save $$) You can follow at http://instagram.com/30rinks/ if you want to

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
My list is short:

1. Actually play hockey in a league (done one year ago)
2. See a Flames playoff game live
3. Witness the Flames winning a Cup

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Done:
- Meeting Maurice Richard
- Meeting Gordie Howe

Still up:
- Meeting Gretzky
- Meeting Bobby Orr

the4thlinegrinder

Jul 25, 2011
The Bench
I want to go to games in every NHL city. So far I've been to Vancouver, Edmonton, San Jose, LA, Anaheim, and Phoenix/Arizona. The California games were all playoff elimination games (same trip too!). I'm going to Tampa and Sunrise in January and will probably move to Winnipeg next year so I'll cross off some more soon hopefully.

sjosty26

May 8, 2013
Completed
Collect a shirt or jersey from all 30 NHL teams.
Go to a Frozen Four (2013, Yale, Pittsburgh)
See a big milestone (Jagr's 600th goal)
Playoff Game (NJ@NYR, CBJ@PIT)
Play hockey with players I looked up to growing up (Graves, Higgins, Komisarek, Gilroy)

Still needs to be checked off
See Rangers win a Cup
Watch a home game at all 30 NHL Arenas
-- (5/30)(NYR, NYI, NJD, PIT, CBJ). Crossing off NSH & FLA this spring
Play in the US National pond hockey tournament,
Go to a World Juniors game
Go to an Olympic game
Play professional hockey in Europe
Become a NHL journalist or a GM
Become friends with Erik Karlsson

Lord Moriarty007

Lets go Avs & Bolts!
May 1, 2013
Denver, CO/Orlando,FL
Attending a Stanley Cup Finals game.
The USA wining a Gold medal in my lifetime.
See a live game in New York city and in Montreal,
Visit the hockey hall of fame in Toronto.
Play hockey on a pond in.(I still haven't done that and I lived in Colorado for years)
See a live game of Modo Hockey in Sweden.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->