Line Combos: Your Habs 2018-19 line-up, as voted by YOU!

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Max Domi (46,3%) - Jonathan Drouin (60,7%) - Brendan Gallagher (90,5%)
Max Pacioretty (73,3%) - Phillip Danault (81,8%) - Nikita Scherbak (50%)
Charles Hudon (42,6%) - Tomas Plekanec (45%) - Artturi Lehkonen (54,5%)
Paul Byron (70%) - Jacob De La Rose (49,2%) - Joel Armia (84%)

Victor Mete (51,7%) - Shea Weber (84,6%)
Mike Reilly (51,4%) - Jeff Petry (100%)
Karl Alzner (81,8%) - Noah Juulsen (67,9%)

Carey Price (85,7%)
Antti Niemi (78,6%)

Extras : Nicolas Deslauriers (73,9%) - Matthew Peca (56,5%) - Andrew Shaw (56,5%)

1st call up (forward) : Michael McCarron (81%) - Has to clear waivers
2nd call up (forward) : Kerby Rychel (76,2%) - Has to clear waivers
3rd call up (forward) : Jake Evans (47,6%)
4th call up (forward) : Byron Froese (42,9%) - Has to clear waivers
1st call up (defenseman) : Jordie Benn (62,1%) - Has to clear waivers
2nd call up (defenseman) : David Schlemko (44,8%) - Has to clear waivers
3rd call up (defenseman) : Xavier Ouellet (37,9%) - Has to clear waivers
1st call up (goaltender) : Charlie Lindgren (85,7%)

------------------

A few notes :

- In reality, I think it's safe to assume that both Benn and Schlemko will start the season in Montreal. One of Mete or Juulsen will probably start in Laval. With Weber injured, I believe one of Ouellet or Després could be kept as the 7th defenseman.

- There's too many forwards at the moment. Pacioretty is expected to be traded and that could solve the "problem". The injuries to Shaw and Byron could also make it possible for McCarron or an unexpected AHL player to start in Montreal (Froese? Rychel ? Chaput? Agostino?)

Discuss !

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
- One of if not both Benn & Schlemko will be moved before the season starts, most likely Benn as his contract will be easier to move

- I still don't see Max Pacioretty ever putting on a Habs uniform again

- I hope DLR isn't taking a backseat to Tomas Plekanec again

- The Habs won't expose McCarron to waivers

- Where's Lernout? he's forgotten but I think he's going to push for a spot as a reserve D this year

Reactions: WinterLion

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
What an awful looking team, this roster really is a throwback to the Juha Lind era, very little to look forward to.

While I agree it's not a powerful line-up, I think it's also safe to say that Juha Lind would never crack a roster spot on it even during his "prime".

There's an obvious lack of star firepower, but it's also one of the deepest roster in recent memory.

Last edited:
Reactions: dralaf

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
While I agree it's not a powerful line-up, I think it's also safe to say that Juha Lind would never crack a roster spot on it even during his "prime".

There's an obvious lack of star firepower, but but it's also one of the deepest roster in recent memory.

What? No it isn't.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Max Domi (46,3%) - Jonathan Drouin (60,7%) - Brendan Gallagher (90,5%)
Max Pacioretty (73,3%) - Phillip Danault (81,8%) - Nikita Scherbak (50%)
Charles Hudon (42,6%) - Tomas Plekanec (45%) - Artturi Lehkonen (54,5%)
Paul Byron (70%) - Jacob De La Rose (49,2%) - Joel Armia (84%)

Victor Mete (51,7%) - Shea Weber (84,6%)
Mike Reilly (51,4%) - Jeff Petry (100%)
Karl Alzner (81,8%) - Noah Juulsen (67,9%)

Carey Price (85,7%)
Antti Niemi (78,6%)

Extras : Nicolas Deslauriers (73,9%) - Matthew Peca (56,5%) - Andrew Shaw (56,5%)

1st call up (forward) : Michael McCarron (81%) - Has to clear waivers
2nd call up (forward) : Kerby Rychel (76,2%) - Has to clear waivers
3rd call up (forward) : Jake Evans (47,6%)
4th call up (forward) : Byron Froese (42,9%) - Has to clear waivers
1st call up (defenseman) : Jordie Benn (62,1%) - Has to clear waivers
2nd call up (defenseman) : David Schlemko (44,8%) - Has to clear waivers
3rd call up (defenseman) : Xavier Ouellet (37,9%) - Has to clear waivers
1st call up (goaltender) : Charlie Lindgren (85,7%)

------------------

A few notes :

- In reality, I think it's safe to assume that both Benn and Schlemko will start the season in Montreal. One of Mete or Juulsen will probably start in Laval. With Weber injured, I believe one of Ouellet or Després could be kept as the 7th defenseman.

- There's too many forwards at the moment. Pacioretty is expected to be traded and that could solve the "problem". The injuries to Shaw and Byron could also make it possible for McCarron or an unexpected AHL player to start in Montreal (Froese? Rychel ? Chaput? Agostino?)

Discuss !

Your lineup is pretty much as good as it gets with this horrendous roster. I always wanted to see Pacioretty - Danault - Gallagher. But Sherbak is a playmaker so it makes sense to play him with Pacioretty. Also, Domi and Drouin are playmakes so they need a goal scorer: Gallagher.

The Pacioretty - Danault - Scherbak line has all the elements: the digger (Danault), the scorer (Pacioretty), and the playmaker (Scherbak). It would be real interesting to see if Scherbak can come close to filing Radulov's shoes. The obvious thinking is he can't. But maybe if he's put in such a great role he'll seize the opportunity.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

There's an obvious lack of star firepower, but but it's also one of the deepest roster in recent memory.

Jesus.. The standards of some people has gone really really low...

I see this line up as probably the worst line up of my living..

Reactions: OldCraig71

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Jesus.. The standards of some people has gone really really low...

I see this line up as probably the worst line up of my living..

I'm not saying that depth is a strong depth, but that's still an NHL caliber depth. As it is, we plan to start the season with a 20 goals scorer on the 4th line (Byron), as well as a guy who was a 3rd liner on one of the deepest team in the league (Armia was on Winnipeg's 3rd line). We would also leave a 40 points producer (Shaw) in the stands. We would also send 3 established NHL defensemen in the minors (Benn, Schlemko, Ouellet). And we still have Després and Lernout.

I understand there's no Crosby or McDavid among them, but that's still a lot of NHL depth.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
You are a blind homer if you think this team sniffs a playoff spot.

I've been called worse things!

1244.jpg

Reactions: Chili

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
You are a blind homer if you think this team sniffs a playoff spot.

If Price is Price of old, all bets are off. Worse teams have made the playoffs. Especially considering how unlucky a lot of guys were last year.

This team could make the play-offs. It'll be mostly down to a combination of insane goaltending and a lot of luck, but we just saw the teams that drafted 1st, 2nd, 4th, 6th (expansion team), 11th and 14th in 2017 make the playoffs. Parity is at an all time high and luck plays a huge role in hockey.

the roster legitimately sucks, but that might not matter in depending on how the bounces go.

Reactions: Domi a favor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->