Your favourite player and why

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Joe Sakic because of the Croatian connection at first, then I completely fell in love in his game. Notable others include The Rocket, Beliveau, Larry Robinson, Foppa, Foote and oddly enough given my favorite teams Darcy Tucker.

Reactions: rfournier103
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Datsyuk. I don't need to explain.

Current...I don't know...Larkin? The Wings are a sad excuse for an NHL team right now. Future: Zadina.

apollo678

Oct 21, 2013
Well, if the Matthews rule is in effect (for all you poolies active in the 80's and were subject to the Gretzky rule), then I would have to go with guys like Marner and Johnny Gaudreau. They are so much fun to watch and so likable.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Ovechkin scores spectacular goals and throws spectacular hits (though fewer of those lately) and signed a 13 year as soon as he could so I never had to worry about him doing those for a different team.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Datsyuk - probably the most outstanding set of highlights from a single NHL player. absolute wizardry in keeping the puck away from opponents and being able to steal it from the opponent. He's probably most people's favorite player's favorite player from circa mid/late 2000s-early 2010s

Ovie - Love the mixture of goal scoring, bull in china shop/freight train physicality, and enthusiasm on the ice. going to go down as one of the best players of all time and possibly a top 3 goal scorer of all time

Byfuglien - cuz of the sheer physicality and great all around play as an offensive dman.

Last edited:

PuckItUp27

Sep 26, 2017
Benoit Hogue - I was around 9 or 10 when I first started really following hockey and the Isles had that great team with Turgeon, Malakov, Hogue etc and I just always liked Benny. Was at a game at the coliseum about 6 or 7 years ago with my Hogue jersey and he was there and when I pointed out my jersey to him he stopped and signed it.

Jeff Carter - Not sure why but I always loved Jeff Carter regardless of whether he was on Philly or LA. Have always followed him and watched their games.

Barzal - Currently my favorite player to watch because he takes over games the way McDavid does. It's just insane watching him play and he plays a similar style to myself (but 100000x better)

I also love Ovy because there is no reason to hate Ovy

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Growing up, I was mad about Steve Yzerman.

Also, Ray Whitney. It was always obvious to me that he'd have a greater career than Pat Falloon.

All those Upper Deck WJC Pat Falloon RCs that I hoarded.

FOR NOTHING!

c3aa6ae5bdce4d6f875ed12c4c477389_front.jpg

Last edited:

Montrealer

What, me worry?
Dec 12, 2002
Chambly QC
Some of mine that I always enjoyed watching

As a kid:
Steve Yzerman
Mats Naslund
Patrick Roy

Older:
Saku Koivu
Paul Kariya

More recent:
PK Subban
Sidney Crosby

New:
Jesperi Kotkaniemi

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Currently playing or ever? If the latter, Dominik Hasek. He's a big part of the reason I fell in love with hockey and the Sabres. He was wildly entertaining to watch because he was completely unique in how he played his position...and also the best at it.

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
All-time

Mats Sundin was pretty much the reason why I started to cheer for the Leafs.

Non Leaf:

99 (Greatest ever just a joy to watch even tho I only caught the tailend of his career)

Iginla

Current player:

Matthews
Marner
Patrick Kane
Ryan Getzlaf
Anze Kopitar
Burns

Allan92

Jan 2, 2016
Meath
All time is probably Lundqvist and he's my homer vote for favourite current player. Just such a competitor and he saved the Rangers more times than one would think possible.

Not on the Rangers: Right now would be Eichel, all time, probably Lindros (yeah he played for the Rangers but I'm not really counting that)

HM:

Patrick Kane
Wayne Gretzky
Brian Leetch
Steve Yzerman
Keith Yandle
Bobby Orr

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
All Time: Probably Peter Forsberg, offensively so gifted and could absolutely truck you (which i feel was an underrated part of his game)

Currently: Patrice Bergeron. He's just an absolutely perfect hockey player, and a player a coach should tell you to try to model your game after.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad