Your favourite part/what to do at the HOF

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Haven't been to the Hall of Fame yet so just wondering what everyone here enjoyed when going over there other than seeing the cup (or the interactive games for kids I guess).

Did you find anything neat or something you thought was obscure in there?

JaymzB

Apr 8, 2003
Toronto
Haven't been to the Hall of Fame yet so just wondering what everyone here enjoyed when going over there other than seeing the cup (or the interactive games for kids I guess).

Did you find anything neat or something you thought was obscure in there?

I enjoyed the international section, where they had jersey’s from all over the world. Seeing the Portuguese National Team jersey with my wife (who is from Portugal) was pretty cool.

canuckster19

Former CDC Mod
Sep 23, 2008
Gothenburg Sweden
Found my great great uncle's name on the Stanley Cup retired rings that are in the vault, other than that I thought it was sort of bland and not worth the price of admission. The place seems more like the history of the NHL rather than a hall of fame.

CaptBrannigan

Apr 5, 2006
Tampa
I'm a huge jersey guy so the international collection was fascinating to me, as well as the display with jerseys from all the old or relocated teams. The super early sweaters are a sight to see.

And of course looking up close at the trophies and taking pictures with them is pretty darn cool.

McGuillicuddy

Sep 6, 2005
Yah, IMO it's all about the trophies. Oh, and the goalie masks. The rest is nice enough, but those are the things I look forward to.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
I've always felt the Baseball Hall of Fame is superior to the HHOF. I guess because Baseball's is in Cooperstown and the entire town is dedicated to that shrine. You can FEEL Baseball in the air just walking down the main street. When you are inside the Baseball HOF there is a nostalgic feeling that is practically peerless. There are few places that give you that type of immersive feeling. Walking down Main Street at either one of Disneyland or Disney World (been to both) is one of them. Being in Manhattan is another one of those feelings and being in the old Yankee Stadium had that feeling too. Baseball's HOF has that feeling to it.

The HHOF sort of has it, but it's located in downtown Toronto. It is underground where a shopping mall is located and they rely more on the interactive aspect than soaking up the history. I like some of the interactive things but Baseball has none of that and its still a better HOF.

But to answer your question, it is still a must see for a hockey fan. There is enough to do there for a few hours for sure. The best part is getting a picture with the Stanley Cup, bar none. I am not superstituous so I touch the thing like it's going out of style.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I enjoy every inch of the place.

The old equipment is really cool, like Hull's banana-curve stick.

Not sure if its still there, but they had a family watching a game in their living room from the 50's. The room has all of the furniture of the era and the black and white TV actual has an old game film playing. That was pretty special for me.

Actually went to the baseball HOF in September (2nd time only). I was a little disappointed they didn't have more on the negro leagues. They did have better men's rooms than the hockey HOF, though.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Apparently they've rebuilt an entire dressing room from some vintage era of the Mtl Canadiens. Has anyone else seen that?

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
I've been there dozens of times even if it's nothing compared to Cooperstown, and spent thousands at the store they have there

Apr 1, 2010
I just really liked looking at the cup on display. All the names. Seeing where a few had been scratched out.

Just seeing all the plaques of all the greats.

I liked the Net filled with all of Gretzky's goals.

Plan on going back soon.

Aurel Joliat

May 21, 2010
Ottawa, ON, CA
The very old jerseys ! Like the Wanderers, old Senators, Maroons, Seattle. It's also special to see the original Stanley cup from the 1890's
For the Canadiens stock, the more impressive pieces are at the Canadiens Hall of Fame in Montreal (Joliat's hat, Morenz's jersey, Vezina's stick and skates, 1912 jersey etc.)

JaymzB

Apr 8, 2003
Toronto
Apparently they've rebuilt an entire dressing room from some vintage era of the Mtl Canadiens. Has anyone else seen that?

Yeah, its not all that great though. I mean, they have some of the important parts right (pics of all the HHOF's, and the part of In Flanders Fields), but the jersey's are new, as is the equipment. They could do a better job IMO.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
The international jerseys where my favourite part of the Hall. Really want to get back there someday.

Scott1980

Apr 27, 2010
Toronto
Do they still have the commentary booth? The last time I went their, (2006) they had an area where you could call a classic goal and then send it to your inbox!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad