Your Favourite Oilers Coming Into 2016-2017

Avenger*

Maroon for the sole purpose that he trolled Anaheim by throwing their precious puck in the trash.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Maroon for the sole purpose that he trolled Anaheim by throwing their precious puck in the trash.

Loved it. **** the Ducks.

I like that this team will finally start reflecting Alberta/prairie toughness more.

jeg

Jun 16, 2015
1. McDavid - super obvious
2. Eberle - had a rough start do to injury and really started to rack up the points, he's fun to watch and with so much talent around him he's sure to light up the highlight reel and jack his numbers
3. Lucic - he should be fun to watch, can move up and down the line up and should bring the Oilers the right type of big they have been looking for. Liked him in Boston glad he's here
4. Draisaitl - he's got all the tools to be a game changer just needs time so looking forward to seeing his progress, found last year near the end he kept pulling the same move and got busted hope he gets the confidence to run he play more
5. Larsson - I believe he is our top pairing RHD we've needed, plays A very steady predictable game and is lights out 5/5. He is the perfect age to grow with our core and can play. Maybe he can even get some points with this high flyin team. Either way I bot need him to get 1 point if he dominates defensively, leave that to the rest of he team!

There you go my picks and a breif explanation! Can't wait to get to some games this year

McCombo

Nov 16, 2013
Went with McDavid, Lucic, Puljujärvi, Larsson and Draisatl. So it was like who am I waiting most anxiously to see in action.

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
McDavid and Lucic were easy choices. Then it got a bit hard to pick 3 of: Nurse, Klefbom, Drai, Pool party, Larsson...

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Very interesting question.

Hall was my favorite followed by Nuge but Hall is gone and Nuge just hasn't done as much as I thought he would so far.

Leon was overtaking both but finished the year slow and had a terrible WC.

By default at this point Lucic is probably my favorite but I guess I may as well go with a group of favorites.

Nuge
Leon
Lucic
Hendricks
Davidson

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Eberle is going to do the exact same thing he has done for the past 6 years, there's nothing to get excited about him for anymore.

I'm hoping the added space out there from a better balance in the lineup can spark him. Would love to see him get back near his 11/12 season. Really hope that Nuge will breakout if he's still here. I thought he was going to last year but he started off with mediocre line mates due to Eberle's injury and then got going pretty good until he got the flu and it was all downhill from there with injuries.

undertow

Sep 26, 2007
mcdavid
davidson
nurse
lucic
eberle

yak>ebs??? wth
hull was 2nd on last weeks list

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
I'm hoping the added space out there from a better balance in the lineup can spark him. Would love to see him get back near his 11/12 season.

Even if his production is higher he'll be doing the same things, just more effectively. That's not a knock, since dependability is nice, but compared to the current top 5 vote getters of McDavid (most exciting player in the league), Lucic (a long craving of HFOil seemingly satisfied), Klefbom (a home grown defender that seemed to be breaking out last year), Draisaitl (see Lucic) and Puljujarvi (new kid on the block) he lacks that mystique.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Lucic will be so fun to watch next season. I think him and Maroon will cement themselves as fan favourites in the same way that Moreau and Torres did back in the day. Lucic is obviously better than those two, but the crowd here loves players who throw their weight around.

The loudest game this season may have been the loss to Florida where Hall got rocked, and the Oilers responded by running everyone through the boards. It was frustrating that they lost but the fans loved the ten minutes or so of just heavy hockey. We're gonna get a lot more of that this year, and I think we'll get a louder rink because of it.

McDavid is the best player I've ever seen play, so obviously he'll go down as an all-time favourite.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Picked the 5 that I'm most attached to (McDavid, Yakupov, Eberle, Drai and Klefbom) but I probably should have kept it to the only two I'm super attached to: Yak and McJesus. Still holding out for Yak to really turn it around, haha. Glad to see from the votes I'm not alone.

Edit: how does McDavid not have 90%+?! Fans are weird lol.

Empty Netter

Patrick McDraisaitl
Jan 15, 2016
Picked the 5 that I'm most attached to (McDavid, Yakupov, Eberle, Drai and Klefbom) but I probably should have kept it to the only two I'm super attached to: Yak and McJesus. Still holding out for Yak to really turn it around, haha. Glad to see from the votes I'm not alone.

Edit: how does McDavid not have 90%+?! Fans are weird lol.

My initial top 5 were McDavid, Pulju, Drai, Larsson and Lucic. But then i thought "man, i really like Davidson and McDavid will be at the top of the list anyways". So i chose Davidson instead of McDavid.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Having McDavid in this poll just makes the poll unfair haha :) Should've been done with everyone except McDavid in the poll because he's a given.
well having him there tells us how many posters have posted :)

and... shame on the smartasses who dont vote vote for him as top 5.

DisgruntledGoat*

Dec 26, 2010
Lucic will be so fun to watch next season. I think him and Maroon will cement themselves as fan favourites in the same way that Moreau and Torres did back in the day. Lucic is obviously better than those two, but the crowd here loves players who throw their weight around.

The loudest game this season may have been the loss to Florida where Hall got rocked, and the Oilers responded by running everyone through the boards. It was frustrating that they lost but the fans loved the ten minutes or so of just heavy hockey. We're gonna get a lot more of that this year, and I think we'll get a louder rink because of it.

McDavid is the best player I've ever seen play, so obviously he'll go down as an all-time favourite.

Back in an era when the Oilers were actually competent at acquiring talented, physical players (Smith, Staios, Moreau, etc), I remember how the new guy in would always make a big show of his first couple shifts on home ice. Throw a big hit, get into a scrum, fight, etc. The fans loved it and the team fed off it. It became almost like a tradition: the new guy had to go out and play like a wrecking ball for at least one period. Heck, I STILL remember Brad Isbister's debut and how exciting it was (he plastered Darryl Sydor, got in a fight, and scored a goal I believe... Was all downhill from there).

I think Lucic is the kind of player who understands the value of that kind of thing, both to the fans and to his teammates. I expect his first game at Rogers to be momentous.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
And that should be enough time.

TOP 5 OILERS:
1. Connor McDavid
2. Milan Lucic
3. Oscar Klefbom
4. Leon Draisaitl
5. Adam Larsson

The core has officially changed. Nuts.