Your favorite version of jersey for your favorite hockey team

SealsFan

May 3, 2009
I select this jersey as Boston's best (and perhaps my favourite jersey of all time).

cut.jpg

Yep, a serious contender for my favorite of all time as well. This is perfection. This was also the first jersey I owned. Bought it at the local sporting goods store in 1969 for I believe 9 bucks. Made of WOOL, with no crest! The crests were in a display case, sold separately! A "cool" kid in my grade had one also and wore it to school, so I followed suit. He and another kid were the only ones I knew that played hockey (age 11-12) and I was in awe of them, as youth hockey hadn't taken off yet in the Long Island area. Put myself on a crash course to learn how to skate and was playing in the youth league the following winter. Good times...

Reactions: rfournier103

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Yep, a serious contender for my favorite of all time as well. This is perfection. This was also the first jersey I owned. Bought it at the local sporting goods store in 1969 for I believe 9 bucks. Made of WOOL, with no crest! The crests were in a display case, sold separately! A "cool" kid in my grade had one also and wore it to school, so I followed suit. He and another kid were the only ones I knew that played hockey (age 11-12) and I was in awe of them, as youth hockey hadn't taken off yet in the Long Island area. Put myself on a crash course to learn how to skate and was playing in the youth league the following winter. Good times...
It was the first jersey I had too. I got it as a nine year-old for Christmas, 1974 (along with Bruins hockey socks). It had a rubbery (don't know the material but it wasn't felt) Bruins logo. It was the happiest I ever was (or still is) for receiving a piece of clothing for Christmas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad