Your favorite version of jersey for your favorite hockey team

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Well, as a Jets fan I agree (well, specifically the "white" version). It would be redundant for me to post that jersey again, and although they aren't my favorite team, I select this jersey as Boston's best (and perhaps my favourite jersey of all time). The gold "B", socks, numbers and shoulders, along with the white outline on the shoulders that's ther perfect width and length. Yep, it's my favourite.

cut.jpg
Agreed, this is the best Bruins jersey ever, they need to go back to it.

Reactions: Tarantula

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
I don't have as many choices for the Devils as our jerseys have been pretty consistent over the years. It's between the Reebok Away Jerseys from the our Cup era vs. the white, green, and reds of the 80's / early 90's. I'm not a fan of our current Addidas jerseys at all but the away jersey still looks good.

stevens1-jpg.174881
View attachment 174881

vs
View attachment 174883
Their old greens are so much nicer than their black trim. Red, white, and black is such an uninteresting combination.

SealsFan

May 3, 2009
Although I have a soft spot for the green and gold, this one-year variation on the Seals original jersey is my favorite. This was worn in 69-70 only and it added white shoulder yokes with numbers which the original dark jerseys didn't have. Also wider white and blue stripes.
1969-70-Opc-O-Pee-Chee-Hockey-87.jpg

One thing I found baffling is that the Seals changed their colors to teal/white/yellow in 74-75, presumably to cut ties with the cursed Finley era, but why did they keep the same "Seals" wordmark across the front? Seems like they should have ditched that too and resurrected the original logo from the pre-Finley years.

Reactions: Tarantula

streitz

Jul 22, 2018
Mine is definitely NOT this one...

s-l1000.jpg

The bear looks like he just got hit with a tranquilizer dart :thumbd:

Makes me think of Glen Murray.

Someone made a Glen Murray tribute video with some really corny music on youtube.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Although I have a soft spot for the green and gold, this one-year variation on the Seals original jersey is my favorite. This was worn in 69-70 only and it added white shoulder yokes with numbers which the original dark jerseys didn't have. Also wider white and blue stripes.
1969-70-Opc-O-Pee-Chee-Hockey-87.jpg

One thing I found baffling is that the Seals changed their colors to teal/white/yellow in 74-75, presumably to cut ties with the cursed Finley era, but why did they keep the same "Seals" wordmark across the front? Seems like they should have ditched that too and resurrected the original logo from the pre-Finley years.

I remember when the Seals changed to the teal/white/yellow uniforms in 1974-75 and thought they were pretty cool at the time. The reason I liked the change from the green and gold was because the community club team I played for had green and gold so I was tired of seeing that color combination after a while.

115530b27fd2c53ac74214786dc224ee--hockey-goalie-ice-hockey.jpg
seals_display_image_display_image.jpg

:jets

Reactions: DannyGallivan

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Both the Seals' and the Whalers' uniforms look atrocious to my eyes. Yellow and green in combination has no place in a civilized society, and while the Whalers' dark-blue and green isn't quite that bad, it's still damn bad.

The Bruins' best jerseys, I think, are the ones from the late 60s, like this:
02cc692f86a9bfab177b1271af0a6159.jpg

But I must say those throwback ones from the 20s or 30s (?) that they sometimes wear -- with the big, solitary black 'B' on front -- are kind of cool, too.

I'm of the opinion that the two best jerseys in NHL history are these two:

(mid-1940s):
eb98f82322977e1b7ecbffccf988da70.jpg

(1988-1991):
wayne-gretzky-of-the-los-angeles-kings-looks-to-pass-the-puck-during-picture-id147880706

LA's early-Gretzky era jerseys, with the silver numbers, were so cool. After 1990-91, they changed the design a bit and later went to boring black numbers on the white-jerseys, which was terrible.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
upload_2019-1-16_2-0-18.jpeg

This is my favorite Bruins jersey. I’m too young to remember the Bobby Orr days, and I just love this one. The spoked “B”, the Bear secondary logo on the shoulder is badass, and I even like the numbers and lettering. I see no flaws here.

upload_2019-1-16_2-4-12.jpeg

My second favorite is this one. This version of the Oilers is timeless and classic. No flaws here, either. I love everything about it.

upload_2019-1-16_2-7-45.jpeg

I don’t particularly care for the Flyers, but this jersey has great appeal to me. Great colors, great logo, the whole nine. Not too fancy, but just right.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Aside from the socks, would you like to see them bring back the yellow 'B' on the dark jerseys?

o-reilly-boston-bruins-vintage-road-black-jersey-in-stock-5.gif

:jets
To be perfectly honest, the bear on the shoulders kind of turned me off to this jersey. I know it’s a small thing. FOR THE MOST PART, the Bruins have always had great jerseys and this was no exception. It’s like picking your favorite child...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad