Your favorite team isn’t on, do you...

WWYD

• Total voters

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Curious about other people’s viewing habits

This is under the implication that all of the options listed are on the table, pretend only your team isn’t playing this night

Choose the option that you’re most likely to do if your team isn’t playing

OilCanada92

May 1, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
I usually go where the star power is. I'll see if Crosby is playing, then I'll look for Tampa, then Colorado, then Washington, and then that's when I switch to whichever game has the biggest implications on the Oilers.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Probably either a specific player that I like or if a game is close and in the last minute or OT.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I voted "watch for specific player"...but that's not really accurate. It's more like...watch the game with the most players that i enjoy watching the style of usually. A lot of the big name "league superstars" kinda bore me tbh. I like watching games where i get a chance to either watch other lesser players i like, or getting a chance to watch a team i don't see very often to look for new players i enjoy watching. Ideally the intersection of both together.

Reactions: Ryan Michaels

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I Voted watch second favorite team, but that's only if they're in HD. Even with the Center Ice package from Comcast, not all games are shown in HD. Which is something I keep hoping they fix. They do have 2 HD channels, but all the games should really be in HD this day and age.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
My wife thinks hockey every other night is already too much. If I tried to watch some random Rangers-Devils game, she’d murder me.

Last edited:

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
If I have nothing else going on I'll definitely check out whichever game is on national television but the Blues are the only team that is appointment television.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Watch 2nd fav teams. Start with NJ, then the rest of NY teams. Ott Is usually blackout. If none of them are playing I just put any team on. I enjoy watching all teams

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I look for games that should be entertaining with hits, fights, and emotion.

Failing that, fairly often these days, I will watch teams that might be a good match for the Bruins to see how they play.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Watch the matchup with the most playoff implications to my team. Which doesn't happen often, but that would be the one I'd check in on. If not, it depends on what mood I'm in. It could be any number of the others.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Haha same here. I had three guys in the Dallas New Jersey game last night.. it was like opening night of the playoffs for how exciting that game was to me - even though it was not an exciting game.
Nothing like holding your breath for every shot when your goalie is pitching a shut out...God damit Fleury :facepalm:

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Usually a premier match up. Later in the year I look for standings related games. So I'll end up tuning into Metro games that matter.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I only watch the Rangers at this point, and I barely force myself through that.

The NHL bores me.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I watch rivals. I love cheering for their team to lose, almost as much as cheering for mine to win.

I have a two screen setup so I'll usually have the biggest matchup on one(usually the national game). If that game is not close or isn't doing it for me I'll just bounce around but I find myself having a strange fascination with the Rangers this year.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
Whatever looks promising, though I find myself watching lots of Sabres games. They tend to be entertaining one way or another.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->