Your favorite stanley cup playoff moment (2014)

reset

Puck Luck
Oct 5, 2005
South Bay
What was your favorite moment?
Mine has to be the game 7 OT winner in chicago.

Honorable mention:
Dazed thornton
e2k5qx.gif

Poor Hank
20140613_jla_am8_237.jpg.0.jpg

Quick vs Crawford

Last edited:

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Hard to choose because there are so many great memories, but nothing beats Martinez OT goal against the Rangers. That just made the run so much more special.

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
Some many great moments. But, nothing beats a OT goal at home to win the Stanley Cup!

If I had to rank them. I do so by "went ape **** meter" As in how bat **** crazy happy I was after the win.

1. Martinez cup winner
2. Martinez western conference winner
3. Game 7 vs the Sharks

FPotvin39

Pad Stacker
Jan 18, 2007
So Cal
1. A-Mart cup winner
2. Game 7 obliteration of the hapless ducks
3. The anointment and crash of Jesus Gibson

I live in Orange County and I knew that if the ducks beat the Kings, I would NEVER hear the end of it. It was also satisfying to see all the ducks car flags completely disappear overnight

alpa

Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter
Dec 3, 2006
Sweden and Slovenia
I must say defeating the Hawks. That was the last line of defence to the cup for me. Taking down the Hawks was winning it, the rest looking back was more or less expecting to take it all. After the Hawks went down nothing could save Stanley from falling into Kings hands.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
It's not a specific moment per se but watching Jarret Stoll play the game of his life after the embarrassing start to the Sharks series. Stoll was the embodiment of Darryl Sutter's quote "we won't go quietly", just crushing Sharks left and right and absolutely hounding the puck. He took the team on his back and led the Kings rally. We don't win the Cup without him, which obviously can be said for a lot of guys on this team but I feel like he's really the one who got the whole thing started.

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
Gotta be game 7 vs Hawks for me. All I kept hearing this whole year was how the Hawks would be considered a dynasty if they won back to back titles. The articles were already written after Chicago won game 6. There was no way LA could win two in Chicago in a series. No way. After Marty's game winner, those strange clicking sounds coming from the press box were all the so-called experts hitting their delete keys on their laptops and having to rewrite their articles.
After that series, although we still needed to put away the Rags, I could finally breathe. SJ - ANA - CHI: a modern day murder's row in the NHL.

KingsFanInRI

Waiting 4 next year
Aug 27, 2005
Outside Providence
My favorite was AMart's Cup winner, but not just because it was a Cup winner... I was home alone in 2012, but for this one my son was home and we got to celebrate it together (wifey was at work). This one will ALWAYS mean more to me than the first for that reason alone.

takk

Feb 19, 2013
Warszawa
My favorite moment was game 7 ot winner, I celebrated that more than the cup win, cause I knew we were likely gonna win the cup :D After cup win I felt mostly relief.

The most special moment was Pearson's EN against Sharks, watching Kings became one of those exclusive group of teams that managed to come back after trailing 3-0.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
From last to first for me.

Game 4 of the Sharks series. I had just written that the boys looked like they had left it all on the ice and that I had been proud of their effort. I also wrote that I believed we could win the cup if we could find that extra gear but they just looked out of position and tired. Favorite moment of game 4 agains the Sharks was watching the boys wake up and play like we knew they could. That and being wrong.

Game 7 against the Ducks. Watching the total obliteration of their hopes for winning the cup again. duck fans were so confident that they were going to destroy us and all of their slogans and hatred were for nothing.

Every game against the Hawks. Hawk fans were great and that is what I typically run into for them. Two teams battling it out to see who gets to win the cup. Every game both teams left it all on the ice and could have gone either way. One of my favorite playoff series that I have ever seen.

Finally, watching the worst fan base in general that I have ever come across lose every bit of their **** every game as we dominated them to a 4-1 Stanley Cup Win. The "puck luck" "bad calls that broke our teams spirit" crap was just so great to see that I almost couldn't take it. Rag fans have always been among the worst in general to me and they seem to be one giant excuse making machine who is always the under dog yet somehow has the best team and players to ever be assembled.

It was truly a great time watching them twist and burn during this series. Seeing Quick dispatch the greatest goalie to ever consider playing the game in head to head competition with the cup on the line was a thing of beauty. The majority of the media pump up the Rags all season every season so it was a real joy watching blow hards like Milbury and his ilk fawn all over the Rags as they got manhandled by a superior Kings team.

The Rags were THE team that I had always hoped that we would one day face and beat for the cup. I never honestly believed that it would actually happen. Seeing my team for all of these years win the cup in 12 was one of the greatest moments in all of my time playing following and working around the game of hockey.

Watching us beat the "worlds greatest team" with "the greatest goalie sure lock for the HOF ever" and that arrogant fan base was even better. I can't imagine how the next one will feel or what can make it any better than this one was but I am certain that we will find out.

Seeing Marty the guy who I was told (along with so many others) didn't belong in the NHL and that I was wrong and all of the usual nonsense that people tell me when I champion a prospect score the CUP winning goal was a sweet moment but one that I have expected could happen since his days in JR's. I didn't think it would happen with any certainty but I knew that he would have the skills given the chance.

Hard to pick one moment as being the best but all of those are right up there with each other for making this cup from start to finish one that I am happy to hang my hat on. Next Saturday pm I will officially be retired and I couldn't have imagined or dreamt a better way to walk away from the little bit that I have had to do with the game.

What a team.

reset

Puck Luck
Oct 5, 2005
South Bay
It's not a specific moment per se but watching Jarret Stoll play the game of his life after the embarrassing start to the Sharks series. Stoll was the embodiment of Darryl Sutter's quote "we won't go quietly", just crushing Sharks left and right and absolutely hounding the puck. He took the team on his back and led the Kings rally. We don't win the Cup without him, which obviously can be said for a lot of guys on this team but I feel like he's really the one who got the whole thing started.

**** yeah

totally forgot about stolly steamrolling the sharks players left and right and winning so many key faceoffs. talk about leading by example. he does so many of the little things. I cringe every time someone on the boards brings up the need to trade him or willy, especially after a bad game. These guys aren't flashy but they're the glue you need for championship runs..

and remember the intverview after game 6 vs Chicago? I was so defeated after that game but after watching stollys's interview, I knew we were going to fight to the end... and oh did we ever.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Martinez in Game 7. It was against Chicago, and especially the way it happened.

For the last 2 years, the Hawks would always get the better of the Kings, and it started in the Cup banner game. The Kings come back and win Game 2 this year, then go up 3-1 in the series. Had the Kings managed to finish it off in 5, or even 6, maybe it wouldn't have felt the same. That Chicago won in that crazy OT in Game 5, and then beat the Kings in LA, in the 3rd period, to win Game 6, I was wondering if the Hawks were really going to do it to the Kings yet again. Then the Kings are down 2-0 in Game 7, then 3-2, then 4-3, only to tie it up each time, and then win in OT.

Could easily pick many moments from any of the 4 series, and it feels weird to pick something other than the Cup winner in an OT that had 4 posts and multiple chances back and forth, but that win in Chicago was the moment for me.

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
Martinez in Game 7. It was against Chicago, and especially the way it happened.

For the last 2 years, the Hawks would always get the better of the Kings, and it started in the Cup banner game. The Kings come back and win Game 2 this year, then go up 3-1 in the series. Had the Kings managed to finish it off in 5, or even 6, maybe it wouldn't have felt the same. That Chicago won in that crazy OT in Game 5, and then beat the Kings in LA, in the 3rd period, to win Game 6, I was wondering if the Hawks were really going to do it to the Kings yet again. Then the Kings are down 2-0 in Game 7, then 3-2, then 4-3, only to tie it up each time, and then win in OT.

Could easily pick many moments from any of the 4 series, and it feels weird to pick something other than the Cup winner in an OT that had 4 posts and multiple chances back and forth, but that win in Chicago was the moment for me.

This is how I feel. L.A. beat its nemesis, its kryptonite, its Goliath in such momentous circumstances. I thought it was impossible. It wasn't. They did it.

THEY DID IT!!!

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
My favorite is Fear the Fin's tweet about our overrated ****** team and all the Sharks fans chest thumping :P

Followed by a swift, historic asskicking and the overreaction that is a deconstruction of a contender. Game 7 was just the *****-slap exclamation point on the beginning of a historical run.

HM to the victory over Chicago, that felt SO good knowing the Kings finally slew their dragon...but there is nothing better than making the entire Bay Area media cry and the smug fans sign out of HFBoards...though I feel for the rest of their good fans, many whom I've had beers with.

21Dog

Mar 29, 2007
Tulare, Ca
1) Marty's OT winner vs. Chicago

2) Overcoming the 3-0 deficit vs. the Sharts. NoCal vs. SoCal. Doesn't get much better than that.

3) The Krieider-Quick showdown on the breakaway with 30 seconds left in the lst OT in Game 5.

4) Quick stopping Perry on the penalty shot in Game 7. Ducks were down 2-0 and had a chance to get back into the game.

Another Carter Snipe

Terminated User
Oct 20, 2011
San Diego, CA
Exorcising the demons with Chicago. Paying the Hawks back for 2013 and winning two monster games in the United Center was beyond epic. CHI was the only team Quick struggled with, and the only opponent it seemed the Kings just couldn't beat. That changed on June 1st, 2014.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->