Your favorite MMA fighter(s) 2021

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I plan on making this thread every year as I know people's opinions will change. Who are currently your favorite UFC fighters? Mine are Israel Adesanya, Jan Blachowicz, Michael Chandler, Francis Ngannou, Sean O'Malley, and Stephen Thompson

Reactions: Chaels Arms

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Gaethje
Marreta
Luque
Big Fran
Kattar/Font/Lauzon (local ties)
Ryan Hall

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I usually only have a few favorites or guys I'm really cheering for. N'gannou, Prochazka, Rumble, Gaethje, Zombie would probably be that list.

From a more general standpoint I will usually cheer for the former stars on their way out, WEC guys, or any big upset.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Poirier, Max, and Stipe would probably be my top 3 that I'm always rooting for.

But there are a ton of guys I'd root for otherwise. Francis, Lewis, Jan, Glover, Anthony Smith, Whittaker, Wonderboy, Luque, Gaethje, Zombie. A bunch of the old school guys like Cowboy, Lawler, Frankie, etc. I'm still a sucker for Nate. On the women's side Weili, Waterson, Ribas, Suarez, I'm still a sucker for Holly, too.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
Out of current UFC fighters I would say these guys in some order.

Francis Ngannou
Nate Diaz (Nick too if he comes back. But I hope he doesn't lol)
Demian Maia
Gavin Tucker
Robbie Lawler
Jose Aldo
Angela Hill
Karolina Kowalkiewicz

And if we're including non UFC fighters then I would add Machida.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Yan and Izzy are probably my top two favorites right now. I'm cheering for them no matter who they're fighting.

Jiri seems fun but I also don't see him being someone to reign over a division for an extended period of time.

N'Gannou is awesome but he's been smoking everyone so easily it's not even fun. If N'Gannou beats Jones he'd be in my top tier of favorites.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I do love me some Amanda Nunes too

Loving what Dern is turning into

There is absolutely no logic to it but I don't like her. I like watching her fight and maybe it's because I favor Valentina and Nunes eeked out some decisions against her. It's still hard for me to get pumped up about Usman fights

Valentina
Rose
Viana - I hope she makes a run, she's very likable and has a great side story

Gaethje
Chimaev - can't wait to see him in there again
Sugar show
I love the theater and spectical with a Conor fight night
Poirier has really grown on me since the interview on JRE
Jiri - how could you not at this point.
I like Welli in any fight she's not facing Rose.

Reactions: CDJ

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
There is absolutely no logic to it but I don't like her. I like watching her fight and maybe it's because I favor Valentina and Nunes eeked out some decisions against her. It's still hard for me to get pumped up about Usman fights

Valentina
Rose
Viana - I hope she makes a run, she's very likable and has a great side story

Gaethje
Chimaev - can't wait to see him in there again
Sugar show
I love the theater and spectical with a Conor fight night
Poirier has really grown on me since the interview on JRE
Jiri - how could you not at this point.
I like Welli in any fight she's not facing Rose.

When is his next fight? Didn't he say he was gonna retire due to lung complications from his bout with COVID (which Dana scrambled to dismiss because he sees a new star in the making).

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I’ve really grown to like Font, especially with the MA connection. Love that fact that he’s about to take on one of my least favorite guys in the entire UFC. I hope he f***ing smokes Garbrandt.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
When is his next fight? Didn't he say he was gonna retire due to lung complications from his bout with COVID (which Dana scrambled to dismiss because he sees a new star in the making).

hasn’t been announced but he’s back to training

Markham30

Jan 12, 2016
Edmonton
The Reaper Whittaker. Dudes a super underrated fighter and a genuine person. Hopefully Izzy and him get to go again, might fair better this time.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Frankie Edgar is one of my all time favs (along with Anderson Silva and Alistair Overeem) but they're on their way out. I'd probably go with Max Holloway, Nate Diaz, Gregor Gillespie, Stephen Thompson, Rose Namajunas and Valentina Shevchenko. Think I would always cheer for those ones in their fights and for the most part otherwise I just want to see a good fight (though there are some fighters I'll always cheer against like McGregor, Jones and Adesanya).

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
His last fight was great but for some reason, I think he's gotten lost in the shuffle the past couple of years. He lost a couple of tough decisions and then won a dominant one.
I'm not sure what you mean by lost in the shuffle. In the last couple of years, he's been FW champ, challenged to become champ-champ, and has been in like 4 or 5 title fights.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Poirier
Gaethje
Ngannou
Till - pretty much for his trolling of Perry
Smith

The list of guys I dislike is much longer. And many fights I have no stake in as I don’t care about the guys fighting. I’m not as into the ufc now as in the past so I have less connection to the fighters

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
I really like Masvidal.

Adesanya.

Wonderboy. I have a soft spot for technical fighters with high ring IQ.

Nate Diaz

Max Hollaway. How could you not love this guy? He is one of the most happy go lucky fighters I have seen other than Junior Dos Santos.

Poirier

Gathje

Thug Rose

Shevchenko. Just her technique. From someone who did combat sports as a child, you truly appreciate how technically sound that her game is.

Reactions: Crosscrease14

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad