• Laurent Brossoit

• Nicolas Petan

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ares

May 8, 2018
1. Byfuglien
2. Ehlers
3. Laine
4. Hellebuyck, Wheeler, Scheifele, Petan (no option for him?), etc.

He wasn't at nhl/jets/roster but I added him now, In case someone still hasn't voted and he happens to be their fave.

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
I voted Tanev, love his energy like a little buzzsaw. But I am shocked at the lack of love for Wheeler, not only is he only at 3.4% of "favourite" votes but on most the lists I read in comments he isn't even top 3?

Why does our captain get so little love?

It's not that he gets so little love, it's just that we have so many great character guys that people can identify with. I still think Wheeler is the best man right now to be the captain - a mature, intense star who has earned respect and admiration; he understands responsibility and seems like a healthy kind of human for any hockey player to emulate even off the ice. He is competent & responsible but also has character & passion - that balance is rare even among NHL captains.

Reactions: ERYX

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
No love for Helle :(

Never understood how Pavelec got more love between 2011-15, then Hellebuyck is today, considering Pavelec was a mediocre goalie, and Helle was runner-up for the Vezina Trophy. He may be boring to watch, but he gets the job done. :)

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
It's weird, when I was a kid, I had favorites: Numminen or Steen might have been my all time favorite Jets, but I also loved Olaussen, Housely, Ellett, Essensa and Khabibulin just to name a few.

I've lost that love of player. Sure, I love the Jets, and there are players I like to have on the team more than others, but I think I've had my heart broken too many times from players leaving, either via trade by team or wanting to leave. Selanne really damaged my opinion of the league and love of players (though it wasn't his fault).

Having said all that - I would have to say currently it's Mark Scheifele. Just all round a great player, teammate and citizen.

Shazzam

Now 20% Chunkier
Oct 29, 2015
Great White North eh...
This is so hard.....
I guess it's all about how you define favorite.
For sheer entertainment value, it's got to be Buff.
As all round hockey guy, good guy, it's Schiefs.
But I voted Morrisey. He's such a smart player, smooth skater. He's a real treat to watch. (Come on and sign that long term contract already!)

Honorable mention to Ehlers. Love his intensity and speed on the ice and his smiley, don't take it too seriously attitude off the ice.

Reactions: Ares

Keduzin

May 5, 2009
For me it was Laine for obvious reasons. I do support the Jets the most of the NHL teams , but only because of Laine, AND , the fact that Selänne and Numminen played there and has only good things to say about the comnunity.. Just wish him to get that cup that he wants so bad. The sooner the better, then I would like to see him goIng to a team that has what it takes to utilize him to the maximum. For example Trotz’s Islanders , he knows how to use the greatest goalscorer in the game.
Laine is the only player currently who has what it takes to be the GOAT of at least Finland. All other achievements he gathers and records he breaks are bonuses.
Barkov is crazy good but his ceiling is lower than Patrik’s, but currently he is the better of them two, not for long though....

Ares

May 8, 2018
Honorable mention to Ehlers. Love his intensity and speed on the ice and his smiley, don't take it too seriously attitude off the ice.

My vote went to Scheifele but now I think I should've given it to Ehlers instead, for all the reasons you just mentioned. :)

CanWin

What happens now?
Mar 7, 2014
Winnerpeg
I voted for Morrissey because he is always all in on the ice in sacrificing his body. His skating is a thing of beauty and watch out when he gets a chance to quarterback the power play.

I wish I could have voted twice though because I would have picked Scheifele as well. As it is though, Morrissey needed the votes more. Scheifele is the classiest dude, set the tone for this round of contract negotiations and leads by example in everything he does.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->