Your favorite games/moments this season

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
It's already been the off season for over a month for us and I'm bored so I figured it would be fun to discuss what your favorite moments were in this disappointment of a season. Here are some of mine:

6-4 victory over the Wings in the season opener.
It was definitely a fun game to start the season. We started the game slow as we were trailing by 2 going into the 1st intermission but in the end managed to get the victory. It was also a fun game as the rivalry continued between us and the Wings with a couple of fights with Sustr and Palat getting their first fighting majors in the NHL.

4-3 OT win over the Habs 28th of December
It didn't look good for us as we were down 3-1 going into the 3rd but the team was full of energy in that period. Goals by Hedman and Palat tied the game for us and Johnson was able to get the OT winner after that crazy game.

1-0 OT loss to the Rangers 6th of March
Even though we lost this game, it was one of the most exciting games to watch for me the entire season. It felt like it was Game 7 in the playoffs with tons of big hits from both teams. Also Witkowski dropped the gloves with Tanner Glass which was for me one of the best fights in the whole NHL this season. It was a tough loss but a fun game for sure.

5-4 OT win over the Hawks 27th of March
Another game were it didn't look good for us as the Hawks were leading 4-1 with 10 minutes to go. But then the Lightning exploded and scored 3 goals in just under 5 minutes to tie the game. Gourde scored the OT winner and I remember screaming like a little girl after that goal. Truly an awesome comeback.

Marty's jersey retirement
Those were all great games but this for me has to be the best thing that happened all season. The best player in the franchise history if you ask me and the first player to get his jersey up to the rafters in the history of the Lightning. The speeches Stamkos, Torts and especially Marty gave were all touching.

Stamkos' goal with 5 seconds to go against Florida
One of the earlier games as Stammer was still playing. Not only was that an awesome goal as it tied the game with just a few seconds to go, but it is a candidate for the best goal we scored the entire season. One timer top shelf from an impossible angle and there's not many guys in the whole league who can do that.

Those are some that came into my mind, there probably would be more if I thought about it for longer.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
5-4 OT win over the Hawks 27th of March
Another game were it didn't look good for us as the Hawks were leading 4-1 with 10 minutes to go. But then the Lightning exploded and scored 3 goals in just under 5 minutes to tie the game. Gourde scored the OT winner and I remember screaming like a little girl after that goal. Truly an awesome comeback.

Marty's jersey retirement
Those were all great games but this for me has to be the best thing that happened all season. The best player in the franchise history if you ask me and the first player to get his jersey up to the rafters in the history of the Lightning. The speeches Stamkos, Torts and especially Marty gave were all touching.

Stamkos' goal with 5 seconds to go against Florida
One of the earlier games as Stammer was still playing. Not only was that an awesome goal as it tied the game with just a few seconds to go, but it is a candidate for the best goal we scored the entire season. One timer top shelf from an impossible angle and there's not many guys in the whole league who can do that.

Totally was gonna say these 3. For some reason that goal by Stammer with 5 seconds stuck around with me. I remember losing my **** when he did with pure joy.

Marty retirement was awesome, glad to see it. Weird that it was before Vinny but still a nice moment for him and the organization.

That victory over Chicago was amazing. They were down what 4-1 and came back to win it. The last couple weeks of the season were pretty great, considering the run they went on. Its really too bad the loss to T.O and BOS (as well as the VAN and ARI loses) cost them the season.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Probably the Nov 23rd game against the Flyers. Some big clutch goals scored to come back and win that game.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
The Chicago game with Gourde's OT winner was something else. Definitely one of my favorites and showed our resolve and resilience in the later parts of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad