Your favorite Cane?

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Hello fellow Canes fans and good day to y'all! Since my main team (Toronto) sucks, I decided to jump on the Hurricane bandwagon. And let me tell y'all something... I haven't regretted it for a minute.

Now a hardcore hockey fan like me knows a bit about things. But watching the Canes play, I keep asking myself some questions. Who the heck is this guy? Who the fudge was that? Et cetera, et cetera. Of course I had heard about guys like Aho and Staal though, they are basically household names by now! But one guy in particular caught my eye.

Micheal Ferland.

The last time I heard of him, he was playing in Adirondack Flames! I thought he was just one the boumas and the bolligs that Flames used to sign. But boy, is he good or what? I'm glad the Canes somehow ended up with him! After 9 games, I think it's safe to say that he's my favorite Cane.

Anyways, just thought that this would be a nice topic to learn about eachothers and our preferences. Let me know who is your fave Cane fellas!

-Kevs:thumbu::cheers:

Kevs Security

May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
You’re a hardcore hockey fan, and yet the last time you’d heard of Ferland he was in Adirondack? He scored 21 goals last year. He had that whole thing with Bieksa and scoring a bunch of goals in the playoffs a few years ago.

Yeah, my man! What can I say, last year was tough for me. I didn't have the time or the energy to follow the game that closely. But I've been a hardcore fan since my childhood, there's no denying that.

Kevs Security

May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
I'm sure it is in good spirit. ;)

Too bad your team (Toronto) sucks so much you had to jump on the Canes bandwagon. Welcome aboard though.

I gotta admit, the Leafs are doing just fine. It isn't the team that sucks. It's just been hard to connect with the fanbase lately. I also don't like some of the moves the management did this past summer.

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
I'm sure it will be hard to believe my favorite player is Slavin. He is an elite, puck-moving defenseman who makes me feel tingly.

Other than that:
Aho - duh, kid is just flat out fun to watch and he's just getting started
Pesce - love watching him and Slavin together and think he is hugely underrated
Ferland - quickly becoming an impact player on this team; this is the type of player we've been sorely missing
Foegele - love his compete level
McGinn - outside of last night he hasn't had a great start to the season but was probably one of the only players last year to play at 100% every time he was on the ice and just about the only player willing to stand up for his teammates; luckily that seems to be a thing of the past and hoping that the glimpses of offensive talent McGinn showed last year are real so he can stick around

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
You’re a hardcore hockey fan, and yet the last time you’d heard of Ferland he was in Adirondack? He scored 21 goals last year.
I consider myself a hardcore fan, and I'd never heard of him until he became a Cane. Granted, I'm only a hardcore fan of the Canes and only know of other teams from the games they play against the Canes, but still...it can happen.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I consider myself a hardcore fan, and I'd never heard of him until he became a Cane. Granted, I'm only a hardcore fan of the Canes and only know of other teams from the games they play against the Canes, but still...it can happen.

That’s different. I was thinking it was odd that he knew the Flames minor league system 4 years ago but didn’t know the third member of one of the most dangerous lines in the NHL.

Kevs Security

May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
That’s different. I was thinking it was odd that he knew the Flames minor league system 4 years ago but didn’t know the third member of one of the most dangerous lines in the NHL.

I just remembered him from somewhere. If you throw names like Petrecki, Mayfield, Bachman etc to me, I could tell you where they played a couple of years ago, but not where they play right now. Ferland and Coleman are both similar to me. In my mind both of them were just some random AHL-players before this season started.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->