Your favorite 2021-2022 moments

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Have been thinking about a thread like this since I saw this video.

If I had to give a top 5, in no real order its mostly obvious ones but interested to see if anyone has others

1) Heritage Classic
2) RJ Night
3) Mitts OT winner for RJ's final call
4) Tuch empty netter vs VGK
5) Anytime 'Party in the USA' came on. I don't know if he chose it as a joke, but the song ended up creating such a fun atmosphere.

HM: Dahlin to Quinn on Quinn's 1st goal, Subban Anthem, Chicago comeback

Last edited:

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf

Tuch in OT was easily #1 for me, along with the other obvious choices (RJ night, Heritage Classic, etc.)

Some other fun ones.

1. Skinner jawing Chara
2. Tage's OT goal against the Flames
3. 2 shorties on the same PP vs the Devils
4. Cozens 2 goals vs Edmonton
5. Skinner's 4 goal game
6. Dahlin avoiding Weegar, just because it's still hilarious

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Probably Tuch getting it by Eichel to finish Vegas off or Dahlin's nasty pass to get Quinn his first goal. Skinner making a nice pass fallen down for Power's first was also very feel good.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The whole sequence with Eakin trolling Jack, then winning the draw after Eichel gets tossed, the hard around that Tuch beats Eichel to, then the impossible angle ENG to seal that win. That was my favorite moment of the season and perhaps the last five or six years.

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
The whole sequence with Eakin trolling Jack, then winning the draw after Eichel gets tossed, the hard around that Tuch beats Eichel to, then the impossible angle ENG to seal that win. That was my favorite moment of the season and perhaps the last five or six years.
Respect... That was a great sequence

I'm going with Cozens flattening Matthews near the end of the Heritage Classic after Matthews cross checked Dahlin in the head/neck, then getting tossed and just hanging out rink-side to watch the end of the game to celebrate with his teammates, and in the meanwhile, chatting with the owner.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Seeing the fans in the stands proud and happy once again to watch Sabres hockey live.
RJ night, VGK Eichel-smash, RJ's Last Call, other games.
I saw in person the Sabres last regulation home win of the 2019-20 season (2-1 vs. WPG Jets, Feb 23rd 2020).
Too long (COVID, etc.) without fans and without full crowds, etc. until end of this season.
Excited to hopefully see this coming season: a full arena, engaged fans, hear Aram Khachaturian's "Sabre Dance", and maybe, one day, finally again, hear an organic chant arise from the 300 level: "Oooh, Aahhh, Sabres on the warpath!"

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
RJ getting helped out onto the ice by everyone for the picture to cap off RJ night was number one for me. Such a good moment

The outdoor game against Toronto was awesome.

I went to the first game with my son and that was super fun. No expectations and we whooped up on a Stanley Cup finalist in Montreal. Turns out they were the worst team in the league for most of the year

Kids day was fun and executed well other than playing the no fun Kings

Eichel revenge was of course amazing.

The Chicago comeback game.

Bonus: The zegras goal, again saw live, was a “ high stick” initially but then after you sit on it…it was pretty sweet to see

MilkshakeMan

Apr 22, 2022
Definitely Tuch's Empty Netter/RJ Night.

RJ's last call and Heritage Classic are up there as well.

The general consensus said they nailed every big "moment" last year, and that's 100% true.

Reactions: jc17 and Butt Ox

SabrePL

Somewhere in Poland
Jul 1, 2021
RJ Night and Arena full of fans
Heritage Classic
Cozens (I love this guy!💪) vs Matthews
Every goal, every moment when I could see determination and enjoy from play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad