Your favorite 2005 prospect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
pavel datsyuk said:
i haven't heard much about this guy in the past couple months, has he been injured or something? Still 1st round material?

Bourret and Staal for me.

I believe he got injured last October...lately I'm not sure if he's back on the ice or not. Too be honest I haven't been following hockey too much since I got Halo 2 :lol

So if anyone wants to give an update...please...I'll appreciate it.

Lefty

Mar 1, 2002
Saskatoon
www.myspace.com
Jovanovski = Norris said:
Devin Setoguchi. Like me, he is Asian. Well he is half-Asian, but he's all good.

Great player and is probably a top 5 sniper in this year's draft. Amazing overall game that will translate into the NHL. Even if he doesn't develop much further, he'll make the NHL as a Matt Cooke-type 3rd line grinding energy forward.

From what I've saw from Setoguchi, he simply makes things happen. Even if he doesn't score, he will hit and inject momentum into his team. I want someone like that on my team.

That's pretty well Setoguchi in a nutshell. Though he isn't always scoring points, his presence is always felt on the ice. He does have the ability to dominate games though, as he has had at least 5 games with 3 or more points.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Jovanovski = Norris said:
Even if he doesn't develop much further, he'll make the NHL as a Matt Cooke-type 3rd line grinding energy forward.

Well, I think he's done more than Matt Cooke did at 16 or 17 in major junior, so I hope he develops a little further than Cooker!

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
MaDdY said:
Heres where you can get insights on all the Czech players available in the draft. Its a good read from Hockey's Futures:

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=7145

9. Martin Hanzal, F - Ceske Budejovice

One of the strongest attributes of Martin Hanzal is his frame. At 6'3", 189 lbs. he boasts an above-average size, but still has more filling out to do. Hanzal is a smooth puckhandler who takes advantage of his vision and hand-eye coordination to make good plays. He can finish the scoring chances also on his own, but could use better in-close finishing skills. Hanzal doesn't hesitate to unleash his fast-release wrist shot. His slap shot could be upgraded in terms of more accuracy.

Hanzal doesn't back down from the rough stuff, he handles heavy traffic quite well thanks to his frame. He shows a solid commitment to the defensive duties, Hanzal frequently returns to his own zone and shuts down the opposing scoring possibilities. On the downside he needs to develop smoother skating skills. Hanzal lacks the top-end extra gear and has to show more agility and first-step quickness in order to be a flashier skater. Well-suited for the North American style of play, Hanzal was chosen by Regina Pats, WHL, but will most probably stay in Ceske Budejovice.

Thank you very much. :handclap:

czechhockeyfan

Mar 8, 2003
Czech republic
Visit site
MaDdY said:
Heres where you can get insights on all the Czech players available in the draft. Its a good read from Hockey's Futures:

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=7145

9. Martin Hanzal, F - Ceske Budejovice

One of the strongest attributes of Martin Hanzal is his frame. At 6'3", 189 lbs. he boasts an above-average size, but still has more filling out to do. Hanzal is a smooth puckhandler who takes advantage of his vision and hand-eye coordination to make good plays. He can finish the scoring chances also on his own, but could use better in-close finishing skills. Hanzal doesn't hesitate to unleash his fast-release wrist shot. His slap shot could be upgraded in terms of more accuracy.

Hanzal doesn't back down from the rough stuff, he handles heavy traffic quite well thanks to his frame. He shows a solid commitment to the defensive duties, Hanzal frequently returns to his own zone and shuts down the opposing scoring possibilities. On the downside he needs to develop smoother skating skills. Hanzal lacks the top-end extra gear and has to show more agility and first-step quickness in order to be a flashier skater. Well-suited for the North American style of play, Hanzal was chosen by Regina Pats, WHL, but will most probably stay in Ceske Budejovice.

Hanzal has improved his skating a lot since last season.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
[1]Crosby
[2]Johnson - He almost sounds to good to be true. Can someone that has seen him play verify his +'s?
[3]Zagrapan
[4]Pouliot
[5]Skille

fred2792

Nov 3, 2004
Ste-Therese
I hope habs could get Ryan O'Marra type of player. With him and Chipchura, we could stop talking about "lack of size in the center" for a while.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
pavel datsyuk said:
i haven't heard much about this guy in the past couple months, has he been injured or something? Still 1st round material?

Bourret and Staal for me.

Alexander Sundström was great when he was 16, kind of hardnosed with very smooth hands ect. However after that he has missed almost 2 full years with injuries. He is playing decent this year against pretty avg. competition. I´ve seen only a few shifts of him this year and he is still talented, but his skills needs to catch up with his talent so to speak. But Alexander have never been a total package and if anyone where to predict his potential when he was 16 he would be in the 2-way second/third line talent cathegory so I doubt anyone is gooing to gamble on him now in the top 3 rounds. My guess is that he will opt out.

I Hate You All*

Brule, solely because he's from the same city as me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad