Your favorite 2005 prospect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clancy

May 15, 2004
South Jersey
other than crosby and brule, im liking zagrapan a whole lot. from what i hear he plays a similar game to gaborik, and i love speedy players with soft hands.

CH Wizard

1 Bobby Ryan , I hope the habs will draft him.
2 Jack Skille , I like this power forward , he'd be a great fit to our prospects system.
3 Marc Staal , I loved what I saw from him in the OHL prospects game.Plus , we need off defencemans.Honorable mention to Anze Kopitar.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
rt said:
Hanzal is someone who has interested me for awhile, but I can't seem to get much info. on him. Can I have your take?

Heres where you can get insights on all the Czech players available in the draft. Its a good read from Hockey's Futures:

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=7145

9. Martin Hanzal, F - Ceske Budejovice

One of the strongest attributes of Martin Hanzal is his frame. At 6'3", 189 lbs. he boasts an above-average size, but still has more filling out to do. Hanzal is a smooth puckhandler who takes advantage of his vision and hand-eye coordination to make good plays. He can finish the scoring chances also on his own, but could use better in-close finishing skills. Hanzal doesn't hesitate to unleash his fast-release wrist shot. His slap shot could be upgraded in terms of more accuracy.

Hanzal doesn't back down from the rough stuff, he handles heavy traffic quite well thanks to his frame. He shows a solid commitment to the defensive duties, Hanzal frequently returns to his own zone and shuts down the opposing scoring possibilities. On the downside he needs to develop smoother skating skills. Hanzal lacks the top-end extra gear and has to show more agility and first-step quickness in order to be a flashier skater. Well-suited for the North American style of play, Hanzal was chosen by Regina Pats, WHL, but will most probably stay in Ceske Budejovice.

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
1 Devin Setoguchi
2 Alex Bourret
3 Cal O'Reilly
4 Ryan Parent
5 Steve Downie

- although I doubt the 2 spitfires make it in the NHL

sunb

Jun 27, 2004
Yale University
Devin Setoguchi. Like me, he is Asian. Well he is half-Asian, but he's all good.

Great player and is probably a top 5 sniper in this year's draft. Amazing overall game that will translate into the NHL. Even if he doesn't develop much further, he'll make the NHL as a Matt Cooke-type 3rd line grinding energy forward.

From what I've saw from Setoguchi, he simply makes things happen. Even if he doesn't score, he will hit and inject momentum into his team. I want someone like that on my team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->