Your experience at different arenas?

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I haven’t saw a thread for this in awhile so answers may have changed.

What arenas have you been to besides your teams’ arena?

Describe your experience at those arena(s)!

——————————

Aside from Nationwide Arena, I’ve been to Joe Louis and BB&T Center.

Joe Louis lived up to the expectations. The arena might not have been extremely nice but just walking in there knowing the history and the vibes were incredible. Not to mention this was when the CBJ-DET rivalry was pretty established (seems to have faded in recent years due to differen divisions). The hallways were the width of what felt like a yard stick but I’m glad I got to go before it got tore down.

BB&T arena has to be imo, one of the most underrated arenas there is. It felt like walking into an extremely advanced technological society :laugh: It was beautiful. Sat in club seats for 45 dollars. The in arena announcer was pretty cool too. Their goal horn/song is sweet. The green umbrella thingys were odd, outside the arena but walking out of a game to 80 degree weather and palm trees was great (I’m from Florida, now live in Ohio so.. it was definitely a plus being that it was in December) :thumbu:

Carbooja

Uncle Salaami
Jun 2, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
I agree, the BB&T Center is very underrated and a nice venue. It's massive in a nice suburb with a huge mall nearby so great for folks visiting out of town. And a special shutout to all the Panther fans who were tastefully giving us Jets fans a good razz. The Keybank Center in Buffalo is also very comparable and similar in terms of size and has gotten better over the years. Air Canada Centre has its merits and the location is prime with lots going on around it, but the crowd is a real let down. The atmosphere has improved these last couple of years for Leafs games though.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Was at a game at the Nassau Coliseum during the lockout shortened year and was horrified by what the server behind the concession handed me when I ordered a hamburger. It Was most definitely not a hamburger.

Went to Pittsburgh for Game 1 of our series in 2008. I thought Mellon Arena was the coolest place on earth. I'm fascinated by the old school stadiums and arenas and it was just a perfect gritty atmosphere before everything got all corporate. That truly was hockey.

I've also been to the Bell Centre for a Bruins Habs game and that was a sight to behold.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
people in philadelphia don't take too kind to those wearing a NYR jersey....especially if the name on the back is Lindros :D

Mr. Met

Nov 8, 2017
I've been to the Bell Centre, Canadian Tire Centre, Amalie Arena and the American Airlines Centre.

I'd rank them as:
Bell Centre
Amalie Arena (After renovations)
American Airlines Centre
Amalie Arena (Before renovations)
Canadian Tire Centre

Amalie Arena is a beautiful arena since they've done their renovations in 2012 I believe;

Reactions: Guerzy

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I've been to the Bell Centre, Canadian Tire Centre, Amalie Arena and the American Airlines Centre.

I'd rank them as:
Bell Centre
Amalie Arena (After renovations)
American Airlines Centre
Amalie Arena (Before renovations)
Canadian Tire Centre

Amalie Arena is a beautiful arena since they've done their renovations in 2012 I believe;

American Airlines Center has to be one of the coolest looking arenas.

6e27hu.png

What was it like on the inside?

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Besides the Air Canada Centre the only Leafs game I have seen in another city was in Tampa Bay in December 2007.

From what I remember the Tampa fans were very nice and one of them told me because I had a ticket which was 2nd row next to the Lightning penalty box, I could go into some lounge with free food like Cheeseburgers, Hot Dogs Chicken Fingers and etc, along with free Coca Cola products and free Beer. All I had to do was show my ticket, the person who let me in looked it over, wrote something on it and let me in.

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
Honda Center - I love the entrance and the concourse. There is not a bad seat in the house as far as view goes. The seats themselves though are not comfortable and are pretty cramped.
Staples Center - It's been a very long time. I've actually been to all the other arenas on this list more recently than this one down the freeway. It's a nice enough arena though.
Madison Square Garden - Been several times. Aside from being so historical in the sports world, it's just a fine arena.
Rogers Arena - I almost couldn't tell the arena was the arena. It's a very unassuming building for a visitor.
T-Mobile Arena - Awesome place inside and out. The seats are so much more comfortable than my Honda Center. GET THE BRISKET DOG.
TD Garden - Another fine arena.

And this Thursday I'll add Bridgestone Arena to the list.

I have no worthwhile complaints about any of them.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad