Your expectations for these players this year (AHL/NHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
What are your expectations for these players for the next year?
Here are some of my toughts.

Jamie Lundmark:
With now Nylander with the Rangers, Lundmark will lose probably his place beside Jagr and will have to fight for the second line spot with Holik.

Stanislav Chistov:
Starting the season in the AHL (cause of the lockout), and building on his playoff performance, I expect Chistov to make a big comeback in the NHL next year.

Vaclav Nedorost:
Had a great season ending with Weiss and Horton. Hopefully, injuries will stop.

Mike Cammalleri:
Don't now mush about him... added points with the Kings, but was sent down to the AHL... will he play in the NHL???

Mattias Weinhandl:
His he able to improve is ice time? He finnished the season centered by Yashin........ only cause Yashin went down to the fourth line.

Maxim Afinogenov:
Will he get the chance to get 2nd line duties?

Thanks for any comment on any player!

Last edited:

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
Lundmark plays LW too....he very might play Lundmark-Nylander-Jagr.....doesn't matter, he still wont score 20.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
i think lundmark has a better future as a wing than a center...he's really not a great center. put him on the wing and it'd be better for everyone IMO, doesn't have to fight as many people for position and is more valuable there

he has a good shot at being a top 6 wing at least to start the season, as long as he shows up and plays hard. it seems from some whisperings i've heard that the rangers were still reluctant to give him up and that he has been challenged by renney to really improve himself for next year

he'll get his shot i think, but likely not at center, and i don't think he ever really had a shot at 1st line center anyways, so the nylander signing does not affect him at all

Maverick

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
I hope CAMMALLERI sticks in LA this year. There are plenty of spots to be filled in LA this season, and provided he stays healthy (concussion-free), I could see Cammalleri having a 40-45 point season. He definitely scores a fair number of points when he does play (15 pts. in 31 games last year which projects to 40 points over 82 games).

I agree with Chistov having a good rebound year this year after a big disappointment last season. He has too much talent to be as bad as he was last year.

I don't know too much about the others, so I won't comment on them.

I'm excited to see Kostitsyn in Hamilton though. Hopefully I'll be able to make it out to a few of his games this season.

-Mav

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Cammalleri was supposed to see top 2 lines duties last year, specially with Deadmarsh and Allisson still injuried.... but what happened???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->