Your Evaluation of Jake Muzzin...

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Good offense. 7 points in 14 games but some up and downs in his own end. He's been shuffled around the lineup too much IMO but I think now that he'll be with Zaitsev for the foreseeable future he'll settle in nicely. Good trade.

Reactions: filthyMitz

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Added some grit and a point shot to the lineup, Zaitsev has been looking a lot better paired with him

A bit disappointing defensively but still effective

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Kind of surprised at this performance actually, did not expect much offense yet there is some there and he pretty good at it.

He was exactly the type of player the Leafs needed back there with defensemen a big body who can knock people off the puck along the boards.

Basically Zaitsev is the only guy who can do that regularly, but he is not a big body. Hainsy just too slow now. Reily or Gardiner, that is not really their game.

He's been good defensively too I feel. Some hick-ups, but that happens when you play defense for the Leafs, because you are out numbered back there and have no safety valve for the puck.

Not sure how anyone else evaluates the effectiveness of the defense around here, I basically use the traditional one, how many goals allowed.

Last night, wasn't the pair Zaitsev - Muzzin against MaDavid's line all night?

And only one goal allowed at even strength, late in the 3rd when it was a 6-2 game.

So do not listen to those who say Zaitsev and Muzzin have been bad, and Dermott has been great. I like Dermott, but there is no comparison, that is not even close right now. The most hated man behind the behind see exactly this too I believe.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
People are gonna look at him and critique him with a sharper eye due to what we gave up.

I will agree with what has been said so far. Surprising good offensively, adds a physical element, a few hiccups defensively.

Kangal

Feb 21, 2017
I wonder who was the pro scout that recommended him as he seems too slow to me and makes questionable decisions like the one tonight against the Islanders that cost us the first goal against. It seems to me that we paid a steep price for what he brings. I hope he proves me wrong by playing well in the last few games and the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad