Your Dream Team so far?

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
So the first chapter is written and it's time to choose your tream team so far.
You can freely choose any player from any team. Comments are also welcome.

Here's my line-up.

1st line. (I think no comments needed here. I chose Chara to pair Nummelin on defence. Nummelin can use his skills at the offensive zone and Chara will be the defensive d-man here)

Morozov (RUS)
Zinoviev (RUS)
Zaripov (RUS)

Nummelin (FIN)
Chara (SVK)

2nd line. (This is interesting line. Kontiola and Uram are both creative players. Hossa is the sniper here and he will do the scoring. Commodore backup for Gonchar)

Hossa (SVK)
Kontiola (FIN)
Uram (SVK)

Gonchar (RUS)
Commodore (CAN)

3rd line. (We all know Ovenchkin's potential. And I think team Russia is wasting his talent. Both liners here are strong and can play physical. Malkin can create the play and feed his wingers. Zidlicky and Tarnstrom are both offensive d-mens so this line can score alot)

Nash (CAN)
Malkin (RUS)
Ovechkin (RUS)

Zidlicky (CZE)
Tarnstrom (SWE)

4rd line (My checking line :)

Davidsson (SWE)
Demitra (SVK)
Mayers (CAN)

Brewer (CAN)
Murphy (CAN)

Henukki

Jul 1, 2006
Yes they do.

I like those defence pairs. There is good mix of offensive and defensive d-mans. As difference I wouldn't take Murphy, I think that he will be useless later in the games. I've really liked Kukkonen's game, probably the best finnish defenceman.

Atleast today Nummelin was totally out of his game.

Those three first attacking units I pretty much agree, but on my papers Kessel goes with Hossa and Antonenko which means hat Kontiola and Uram are out.

Fourth I wont start to make now because I don really have full picture of teams in this tournament. Only watched Belarussias, Finlands and Slovakias matches.

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
Yes they do.

Atleast today Nummelin was totally out of his game.

Well not totally. We made 2 goals, Nummelin got 2 assists. He would look great with Chara. Aka Pekka&Pätkä :)

BTW: Can I edit my thread topic? I would like to write word dream right.

teddygmr

Jul 7, 2006
Dick Tarnstrom

any idea whether Dick Tarnstrom will come back to the NHL?
Seems like he could help a few teams.....with all the ufas and Cap challenges in Detroit, he could be a good fit there with all their other Swedes....Vancouver will lose Sopel as a UFA ....he would help Columbus, Tampa, Carolina (Wesly and Hedican retiring?), Montreal (losing Souray and Markov as UFAs?), etc....

FTowwn

Jan 25, 2006
Canada

Here's my line-up.

1st line. (I think no comments needed here. I chose Chara to pair Nummelin on defence. Nummelin can use his skills at the offensive zone and Chara will be the defensive d-man here)

Morozov (RUS)
Zinoviev (RUS)
Zaripov (RUS)

Nummelin (FIN)
Chara (SVK)

2nd line. (This is interesting line. Kontiola and Uram are both creative players. Hossa is the sniper here and he will do the scoring. Commodore backup for Gonchar)

Hossa (SVK)
Kontiola (FIN)
Uram (SVK)

Gonchar (RUS)
Commodore (CAN)

3rd line. (We all know Ovenchkin's potential. And I think team Russia is wasting his talent. Both liners here are strong and can play physical. Malkin can create the play and feed his wingers. Zidlicky and Tarnstrom are both offensive d-mens so this line can score alot)

Nash (CAN)
Malkin (RUS)
Ovechkin (RUS)

Zidlicky (CZE)
Tarnstrom (SWE)

Davidsson (SWE)
Demitra (SVK)
Mayers (CAN)

Brewer (CAN)
Murphy (CAN)

Murphy and Commodore ahead of Phaenuef and Weber? think man.

johnny golightly

Apr 14, 2006

Phaneuf missed the start of the tourny, and Weber was suspended for three games. Tough to be an all-star when you only play half the games. Although i don't think commodore has been good at all. Murphy has been a nice surprise though.

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta

I posted this thread long time ago. Phaneuf had played only one game when this thread was posted, Weber had played only half game. So couldn't choose them to my team. Phaneuf is alot better than Murphy or Commodore but because of these factors I couldn't choose him to my team.

halco

Oct 6, 2004
Texas

Here's my line-up.

Morozov (RUS)
Zinoviev (RUS)
Zaripov (RUS)

Nummelin (FIN)
Chara (SVK)

Hossa (SVK)
Kontiola (FIN)
Uram (SVK)

Gonchar (RUS)
Commodore (CAN)

Nash (CAN)
Malkin (RUS)
Ovechkin (RUS)

Zidlicky (CZE)
Tarnstrom (SWE)

Davidsson (SWE)
Demitra (SVK)
Mayers (CAN)

Brewer (CAN)
Murphy (CAN)

No Gaborik (10 pts in 5 games)??? :shakehead

willie

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
I posted this thread long time ago. Phaneuf had played only one game when this thread was posted, Weber had played only half game. So couldn't choose them to my team. Phaneuf is alot better than Murphy or Commodore but because of these factors I couldn't choose him to my team.

So is Weber. Frankly, Weber is the best defenseman in the tourney. Just watch, he'll be Canada's #1 d-man in Vancouver.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->