Proposal: Your draft picks to Vancouver

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
NYI need a durable , top 4 LHD.

Not moving a top 12 pick for 60 games of Tanev.
Canuck and Isles fans have had this pissing contest over Tanev at least a half dozen times. Let's not have another.
Shop him elsewhere.
Michael Del Zotto played all 82 last year for us. That’s really all I’m gonna say about it, but yeah 4 million 1 year commitment?

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
Hutton for Nelson
Baertschi for 40OV
Ennis + 3rd for futures
Orpik + FLA 2nd for MDZ
Tanev for 1st, 2019 2nd, Rasanen

Last edited:

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
That is a big contract though. Would adding Jones or Samurukov or any of the others, or rather an equivalent from the Canucks, make Edmonton want to take on Eriksson?

I like the Baertschi for a 2nd part of the deal, but I'd be pushing to see what kind of package Edmonton would come up with (for a low return) for Lucic. Are there roster players you'd be looking to surrender (guys of value that are making a set amount...think Chicago's sell off after their first cup win)?
We simply can't afford to trade those roster players that are cheap. We need those value deals to build up our shitty offensive depth.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
We simply can't afford to trade those roster players that are cheap. We need those value deals to build up our ****ty offensive depth.

Not a problem, we just cant swallow such a contract so cheaply. We can definitely help out with your forward depth though, even before taking a bad contract or two we have forwards to spare. Mostly either middle six tweeners or NHL/AHL tweeners, but we would be happy to sell a few off too.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Michael Del Zotto played all 82 last year for us. That’s really all I’m gonna say about it, but yeah 4 million 1 year commitment?
Del Zotto isn't going to bring back a top 12 pick anymore then Tanev will.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Not a problem, we just cant swallow such a contract so cheaply. We can definitely help out with your forward depth though, even before taking a bad contract or two we have forwards to spare. Mostly either middle six tweeners or NHL/AHL tweeners, but we would be happy to sell a few off too.
Understandable. Thanks for not being an asshole about having to give you the 10th pick to take on Lucic. Props to you for being reasonable.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Hutton for Nelson
n

If the Nelson in your Hutton proposal is Brock Nelson, then no thanks.
Hutton is not worth a consistent 20 goal scorer.
He took a real step back this season. Hopefully, he takes working out and offseason training more seriously.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Understandable. Thanks for not being an ******* about having to give you the 10th pick to take on Lucic. Props to you for being reasonable.

I'm a homer, and a bit of a knob, but I try to remain reasonable if I have a question and someone takes the time to answer. Thanks for answering btw. That pick seems earmarked for a D anyway, i hope it works out.

If you do want some depth in your forwards ranks, we still might be able to help each other out.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
If the Nelson in your Hutton proposal is Brock Nelson, then no thanks.
Hutton is not worth a consistent 20 goal scorer.
He took a real step back this season. Hopefully, he takes working out and offseason training more seriously.
I'm solely basing this on other threads over the past few weeks that some posters were ok with this switch. Trust me I was incredibly surprised it had positive feedback, but if that was indeed the case I would be all over it. Nelson as a 2C this year and eventually as a 2LW for this team would be a really smart move for a guy who is in our coaches dog house.

Reactions: Cogburn

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Patch, 35th, 38th for Gagner and Gaudette .... :popcorn:

Thats different, and checks a lot of boxes for us, but value not withstanding, one thing that would make me want think it over is that Gaudette is one of our only C prospects not looking at a start on the wing. Both Pettersson and Dahlen are projecting at LW, where we are also weak, but depending on how everything shakes out, that's not a bad value trade, and different than a lot of other offers I have seen.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I'm solely basing this on other threads over the past few weeks that some posters were ok with this switch. Trust me I was incredibly surprised it had positive feedback, but if that was indeed the case I would be all over it. Nelson as a 2C this year and eventually as a 2LW for this team would be a really smart move for a guy who is in our coaches dog house.

Since Okposo was dealt,Nelson is the isle fans whipping boy.
He leaves fans frustrated, thinking he should score more, be more physical.
Friedman reported a team pushed hard for Nelson this season and the isles refused.

One of this weekend's rumors is that Lou is shopping him. It would not be surprising to see him part of a package, but doubt you will see him dumped to appease frustrated fans.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Del Zotto isn't going to bring back a top 12 pick anymore then Tanev will.

If that was because of my offer of....well any if our LHD....I don't expect a 1st for any of them, save perhaps Edler if we added or took a cap dump or something.

You don't like Hutton for Nelson, but is there another piece you would prefer to give up for him or DZ?

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
Since Okposo was dealt,Nelson is the isle fans whipping boy.
He leaves fans frustrated, thinking he should score more, be more physical.
Friedman reported a team pushed hard for Nelson this season and the isles refused.

One of this weekend's rumors is that Lou is shopping him. It would not be surprising to see him part of a package, but doubt you will see him dumped to appease frustrated fans.
Perfectly fair. In all honesty I thought we were getting a steal but the whipping boy seems to make a lot more sense. I'm surprised Ladd doesn't get all the heat over there though. It's not like you're Vancouver who've had over the past years to spread the hate around: Eriksson, Sutter, Dorsett, Sbisa, Dowd, Gudbrandson... Good god do we suck.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
If that was because of my offer of....well any if our LHD....I don't expect a 1st for any of them, save perhaps Edler if we added or took a cap dump or something.

You don't like Hutton for Nelson, but is there another piece you would prefer to give up for him or DZ?
Edler is a ufa in 1 more season. No interest in moving a 1st for 1 yr of Edler.
and I do not want Hutton or MDZ in the isles top 4, so no interest in giving up a 20 goal scorer and getting one of them back as the key piece.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
I think the Canucks could accept a veteran goalie with a bad contract. It's ironic that Luongo fits the profile. Canucks need a mentor for kids in net and I do not think Markstrom or Nilsson is the guy.

Edler is much more dealable than Tanev. Never mind the NTC, we saw what happened to Garrison. Edler would cushion the impact of moving a number one D.

Canucks cannot hand cuff themselves before free agency. Cap space should be retained until everybody is signed.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Perfectly fair. In all honesty I thought we were getting a steal but the whipping boy seems to make a lot more sense. I'm surprised Ladd doesn't get all the heat over there though. It's not like you're Vancouver who've had over the past years to spread the hate around: Eriksson, Sutter, Dorsett, Sbisa, Dowd, Gudbrandson... Good god do we suck.
I said before he was signed it was a bad move, that nyi fans overrated him.
He is due a $5m signing bonus on July 1st. He will have 5 yrs/ $18m left on his contract. His cap hit will remain $5.5m.
I am hoping for amnesty buyouts in the next cba,but not sure ownership& Lou would buy him out when it basically becomes $3m per in actual salary.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Edler is a ufa in 1 more season. No interest in moving a 1st for 1 yr of Edler.
and I do not want Hutton or MDZ in the isles top 4, so no interest in giving up a 20 goal scorer and getting one of them back as the key piece.

No no, I was looking for alternatives to Nelson, who you justifiably value more then out guys, or a first. We have 4 top 6 LHD, and two of the guys we are using ahead of Hutton haven't really earned their time there. So if we can move Hutton or one of the coaches pets, we clear a log jam.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I think the Canucks could accept a veteran goalie with a bad contract. It's ironic that Luongo fits the profile. Canucks need a mentor for kids in net and I do not think Markstrom or Nilsson is the guy.

Edler is much more dealable than Tanev. Never mind the NTC, we saw what happened to Garrison. Edler would cushion the impact of moving a number one D.

Canucks cannot hand cuff themselves before free agency. Cap space should be retained until everybody is signed.

We have 4 RFAs left to sign. We have plenty of space. I would rather take an asset with a bad contract then sign a bunch ourselves.

A vet goalie would be a fine addition, like Miller was supposed to be, if we can find a home for Marky or Nilstrom.

I can't imagine Edler and Tanev both being moved without someone being brought in, but I'm looking for alternatives to the usual Tanev deals. Something new pre draft, you know?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad