Your currently best national team?

BL92

Double Gold
May 22, 2016
Finland
I am not insecure at all, I am just pointing out that finns need to stop trying to compete with far superior National teams. Finland do not bring out any insecurity at all, me simply trying to say Sweden are better is not in any way insecure, the reason I don’t compare us to Denmark is because danish fans aren’t stupid enough to try to compete in a competition where they have no chance. How on earth saying we have a better hockey team makes you draw all of these conclusions is beyond me. Compare yourselves to Czech Republic instead, they are around your level.
You aren't "far superior" and you've lost all credibility by now since you're clearly condescending and label us as "stupid" for challenging your way of thinking. Sure you have more depth but you aren't otherwordly.

And I don't have anything against Swedes or Sweden. I have partly Swedish roots myself and am glad to see talented Swedish players in the NHL.

Goodbye.

Reactions: Brass Bonanza

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
That Finnish defense is a joke, it is ridiculously bad. The finns just can't produce defensemen, the Finnish defensive core is a million miles off Sweden, Russia, Canada, USA and possibly worse than the Swiss and Czech defense too. Finland would not stand a chance against Canada, Russia, USA and Sweden and some people on here are ridiculous to think that, their offensive depth isn't close to any of those nations either.

This post is a joke. There's no way that the Swiss and the Czech are ahead of Finns. The Swiss have Josi and that's about it. Siegenthaler, Weber, Muller and Kukan wouldn't make the Finnish roster and those 5 are the only Swiss defenders in the NHL so Finns are quite clearly ahead of them. The Czech don't even have anyone close to Josi, only Kempny would have any chance at making the Finnish roster, possibly Hronek in the future. These two countries are not close to Finland right now.

I would also disagree with Russia being million miles ahead as they don't have much going on. Provorov, Sergachev and Orlov are nice, the former two have clear star potential. Zadorov is useable. Kulikov, Zaitzev, Gavrikov and Lyubushin are meh department. Finns have more depth but Russia has the edge in star power. Finland and Russia are quite equal in this department.

You should do your homework next time.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
I am not insecure at all, I am just pointing out that finns need to stop trying to compete with far superior National teams. Finland do not bring out any insecurity at all, me simply trying to say Sweden are better is not in any way insecure, the reason I don’t compare us to Denmark is because danish fans aren’t stupid enough to try to compete in a competition where they have no chance. How on earth saying we have a better hockey team makes you draw all of these conclusions is beyond me. Compare yourselves to Czech Republic instead, they are around your level.

You trying to convince me so hard just makes you sound even more insecure.

Reactions: Koijari

MattiasSnall

May 1, 2018
You aren't "far superior" and you've lost all credibility by now since you're clearly condescending and label us as "stupid" for challenging your way of thinking. Sure you have more depth but you aren't otherwordly.

And I don't have anything against Swedes or Sweden. I have partly Swedish roots myself and am glad to see talented Swedish players in the NHL.

Goodbye.
You shouldn’t take AB13 seriously, the only thing he does in every thread on this forum is to lash everything that has to do with Finland, no matter if it’s Finnish talents, leagues or whatever. Seems to be a jealous Swede that can’t take it when Finland also starts to produce quality talent year after year.

When speaking about the defensive cores obviously the Swedes are still far ahead of the Finns, but saying that Russia has a better defence and comparing Finland’s defence to Switzerland and the Czechs is just stupid and makes you (AB13) lose all your credibility.

Last edited:

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
This post is a joke. There's no way that the Swiss and the Czech are ahead of Finns. The Swiss have Josi and that's about it. Siegenthaler, Weber, Muller and Kukan wouldn't make the Finnish roster and those 5 are the only Swiss defenders in the NHL so Finns are quite clearly ahead of them. The Czech don't even have anyone close to Josi, only Kempny would have any chance at making the Finnish roster, possibly Hronek in the future. These two countries are not close to Finland right now.

I would also disagree with Russia being million miles ahead as they don't have much going on. Provorov, Sergachev and Orlov are nice, the former two have clear star potential. Zadorov is useable. Kulikov, Zaitzev, Gavrikov and Lyubushin are meh department. Finns have more depth but Russia has the edge in star power. Finland and Russia are quite equal in this department.

You should do your homework next time.

The finns do not have any defenceman close to Sergachev and Provorov, and I would argue that Orlov is better than Ristolainen, Lindell and Heiskanen. Depth wise, I do think the Russians you just named as meh are better than the likes of Vatanen and Maata too. Besides Josi, Seigenthaler would crack the Finnish lineup, and Josi is so much better than everyone else he makes it pretty close. Hronek, Gudas and Kempny would make Finland, possibly Hajek or Rutta too.

Snowsii

Jan 6, 2014
If we only base it on this season Zibanejad is the f*cking goat and much better than Barkov, you have to look at more than this season. Well, they might be above average, but they are a million miles off all of the swedish players I mentioned and it isn't close at all.

The same thing you said about Koivu and Armia can also be said about the swedish players we where comparing them too. Johansson, Karlsson, Lindholm, Söderberg are much better both offensively and defensively.

Armia is not a center by the way.
Come again when even one of them beats Koivu's 71 points in 80 games. and no one them is better defensively than koivu

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Come again when even one of them beats Koivu's 71 points in 80 games. and no one them is better defensively than koivu

Elias Lindholm had 78 points last season, William Karlsson had 40 goals and 78 points in 17-18. Both of them, along with Johansson and Söderberg have scored much more than Koivu the last few seasons, and it is a massive difference, that is a fact. Do your research.

Snowsii

Jan 6, 2014
The finns do not have any defenceman close to Sergachev and Provorov, and I would argue that Orlov is better than Ristolainen, Lindell and Heiskanen. Depth wise, I do think the Russians you just named as meh are better than the likes of Vatanen and Maata too. Besides Josi, Seigenthaler would crack the Finnish lineup, and Josi is so much better than everyone else he makes it pretty close. Hronek, Gudas and Kempny would make Finland, possibly Hajek or Rutta too.
If you really think Orlov is better than Heiskanen.. Now know, where you're coming and you're just a hater, and no point to try tell you anything else.

Reactions: Koijari

Snowsii

Jan 6, 2014
Elias Lindholm had 78 points last season, William Karlsson had 40 goals and 78 points in 17-18. Both of them, along with Johansson and Söderberg have scored much more than Koivu the last few seasons, and it is a massive difference, that is a fact. Do your research.
Are you kidding me... we were talking about those 4th liners (Sundqvist, Olofsson, Silfvberg etc...)

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Are you kidding me... we were talking about those 4th liners (Sundqvist, Olofsson, Silfvberg etc...)

I had Karlsson, Johansson and Nyqvist on the 4th, Lindholm on the third and Söderberg as a scratched player. Read again. That the incredible depth we have compared to you guys.

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
Looking at production, Hintz, Armia, Haula and Koivu are nowhere near being even comparable in the slightest to the players I put on the Swedish fourth line.

Watch Hintz play a couple of times and tell us more about his production once you've done that. Or you can go read what Stars fans are saying about him. He's a completely different beast from what he was a year ago.

Marcus Johansson's career high is 58 points. Let's see in April if Hintz's production is "even slightly comparable" to that.

Reactions: Lambo

Snowsii

Jan 6, 2014
I had Karlsson, Johansson and Nyqvist on the 4th, Lindholm on the third and Söderberg as a scratched player. Read again. That the incredible depth we have compared to you guys.
You were right on that, still no one close even Koivu in defensively.. and we got better offense, heck even our KHL / Liiga offense won your NHL roster (your B vs our D or E team)

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Czech:

Francouz
Rittich
Mrazek

Kempny - Gudas
Rutta - Hronek
Hajek - Simek

Voracek - Krejci - Pastrnak
Palat - Hertl - Vrana
Kase - Necas - Simon
Nosek - Zacha - Kubalik

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
the funny thing is that its only finns that think they have better offensive than sweden. people from other countries all think sweden have superior offensive.

Reactions: AB13

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland

Siegenthaler has not even played 40 regular season games in the NHL and he would make the Finnish roster? Give me a break. There are more experienced and better options than him.

Hajek is developing into a player but again Finns have more proven players and more promising young players (Välimäki, Jokiharju). Hronek needs to develop more to have a chance. Kempny would have a shot just like I said. Rutta hasn't even gotten games this season and has never played full season, there's no way he would crack Finnish roster even over Nutivaara or Määttä who are more reliable than him.

Heiskanen is in the same tier as Sergachev and Provorov. Lindell can also play on the top pairing and score points while being defensively reliable. He's a big reason why Klingberg can play so freely when he has Lindell to cover for him. There's no way a guy like Lyubushkin is making the Finnish roster when he can't even get a game in the NHL. He probably goes back to the KHL when he has the chance. Gavrikov has 7 games worth of NHL experience, how would he be better than even Määttä? Kulikov is a joke. Orlov is not a top pairing player and thus he's not better than Lindell or Heiskanen and Ristolainen has outscored him multiple times.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Siegenthaler has not even played 40 regular season games in the NHL and he would make the Finnish roster? Give me a break. There are more experienced and better options than him.

Hajek is developing into a player but again Finns have more proven players and more promising young players (Välimäki, Jokiharju). Hronek needs to develop more to have a chance. Kempny would have a shot just like I said. Rutta hasn't even gotten games this season and has never played full season, there's no way he would crack Finnish roster even over Nutivaara or Määttä who are more reliable than him.

Heiskanen is in the same tier as Sergachev and Provorov. Lindell can also play on the top pairing and score points while being defensively reliable. He's a big reason why Klingberg can play so freely when he has Lindell to cover for him. There's no way a guy like Lyubushkin is making the Finnish roster when he can't even get a game in the NHL. He probably goes back to the KHL when he has the chance. Gavrikov has 7 games worth of NHL experience, how would he be better than even Määttä? Kulikov is a joke. Orlov is not a top pairing player and thus he's not better than Lindell or Heiskanen and Ristolainen has outscored him multiple times.

I rate Seigenthaler highly, he is a lot smarter and more mobile than almost all the finnish options. Thinking about it, Mirco Müller is probably better than the likes of Nutivaara and Niku, he could also be in contention.

Heiskanen is not as good as Provorov or Sergachev, although they are not great defensively, they are not defensive liabilities in the same way Heiskanen can be at times, I probably see more skill and creativity in them too. A combined defence would consist of:
Sergachev - Provorov
Orlov - Lindell
Heiskanen - Ristolainen
And as an injury one of Zadorov, Zaitsev or Kulikov would have to be considered before any finns.

Hronek is brilliant, possibly around the same level as Heiskanen, at the moment je scoring at a better pace with a better defensive game. Combined with the Czechs, Lindell would make it, he is a very solid player, as would Ristolainen, but otherwise Kempny and Gudas would probably take the other spots, and Hajek has a level of dynamism that is far ahead of all finnish defencemen I have not named. Rutta is not a worse player than Maata or Nutivaara, the reason he has not been playing is mostly due to the team he is on.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
I rate Seigenthaler highly, he is a lot smarter and more mobile than almost all the finnish options. Thinking about it, Mirco Müller is probably better than the likes of Nutivaara and Niku, he could also be in contention.

Heiskanen is not as good as Provorov or Sergachev, although they are not great defensively, they are not defensive liabilities in the same way Heiskanen can be at times, I probably see more skill and creativity in them too. A combined defence would consist of:
Sergachev - Provorov
Orlov - Lindell
Heiskanen - Ristolainen
And as an injury one of Zadorov, Zaitsev or Kulikov would have to be considered before any finns.

Hronek is brilliant, possibly around the same level as Heiskanen, at the moment je scoring at a better pace with a better defensive game. Combined with the Czechs, Lindell would make it, he is a very solid player, as would Ristolainen, but otherwise Kempny and Gudas would probably take the other spots, and Hajek has a level of dynamism that is far ahead of all finnish defencemen I have not named. Rutta is not a worse player than Maata or Nutivaara, the reason he has not been playing is mostly due to the team he is on.
You looking only to Scorer Ranking. Right?

Oberyn Martell

Dec 26, 2018
the funny thing is that its only finns that think they have better offensive than sweden. people from other countries all think sweden have superior offensive.
I am not finnish and I would rather have the finnish offensive than the swedish

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I am not finnish and I would rather have the finnish offensive than the swedish

ok why? if you compare player for players there is no doubt that the swedish forwards are stronger overall.

let me guess, you think germany have stronger offence than sweden aswell?

Last edited:

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
the funny thing is that its only finns that think they have better offensive than sweden.

That's not nearly as funny and delusional as one of your compatriots claiming that Finland "wouldn't stand a chance against Canada, Russia, USA and Sweden". When Finland played Sweden in the World Cup in 2016, the percentages were about 65-35 for Sweden. Finland has improved so much since then that nowadays it would be closer to 55-45 for Sweden. Finland vs. Sweden is currently a more even matchup than Sweden vs. Canada.

You might have noticed that Finland beat Sweden in Kosice in May. Sweden had eight guys featured in the Swedish A team you posted in this thread. All Finland had was Kaapo Kakko.

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016

Sergachev - Provorov
Orlov - Lindell
Heiskanen - Ristolainen
trololol. You probably think Dahlin, Zaitsev and Klingberg are also better defensively than Heiskanen.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
You might have noticed that Finland beat Sweden in Kosice in May. Sweden had eight guys featured in the Swedish A team you posted in this thread. All Finland had was Kaapo Kakko.

we beat you in og 2006. in og 2010. in og 2014. in world cup 2016. in og 2018. and still you are better than us? makes senses.

Reactions: AB13

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
we beat you in og 2006. in og 2010. in og 2014. in world cup 2016. in og 2018. and still you are better than us? makes senses.
But these finnish generation is stronger than ever before. You can t compare this with the past. Of course Suomi is e very tough competitor for Sweden. The times have changed.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
But these finnish generation is stronger than ever before. You can t compare this with the past. Of course Suomi is e very tough competitor for Sweden. The times have changed.

yes, but i still think our forward depth is better. we have better d. goalies is even.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
trololol. You probably think Dahlin, Zaitsev and Klingberg are also better defensively than Heiskanen.
Dahlin is better defensively than almost every defenseman in the league, better than Heiskanen defensively by far, and the defensive stats show that it is a massive night and day difference, like comparing Slavins defense to Orlovs. Klingberg and Zaitsev probably are too, yes. Heiskanen can be a massive liability at times.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->