Hagg -- Friedman
Vasiliev -- Alt

Stolarz
Tomek
Sandstrom

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
I have a feeling Leier will surprise people in a good way. I am however glad that our prospect pool has gotten so good that we can start overlooking players like him and Cousins now because we have so many other shiny toys :laugh:

MadFerIt95*

1. Sanheim
2. Provorov
3. Morin
4. Gostisbehere
5. Konecny
6. Laughton
7. Hagg
8. NAK
9. Friedman
10. Lindblom

flyersfromquebec

Jul 22, 2012
1. Provorov
2. Sanheim
3. Konecny
4. Morin
5. Gostisbehere
6. Laughton
7. NAK
8. Hagg
9. Friedman
10. Stolarz

The top 5 is top talent and could all be 1st line 1st pair player. Then we got what you need playoff time depth Laughton hagg NAK Friedman and I put a goaler there but we have now at least 2 NHL future goaler.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
1. Provorov
2/3/4. Morin
2/3/4. Konecny
2/3/4. Sanheim
5. Gostisbehere
6. Laughton
7. Aube-Kubel
8. Friedman
9. Lindblom
10. Hagg

2-5 is a mess for me, though. You can't make me choose between any of those guys.

46zone

Pass me the soft pretzels
Feb 5, 2007
Philadelphia
1. Provorov
2. Sanheim
3. Morin
4. Gostisbehere
5. Konecny
6. Laughton
7. Hagg
8. Lindblom
9. NAK
10. Friedman

Surprised some of you are ranking Konecny above Morin

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
1. Provorov
2. Sanheim
3. Morin
4. Gostisbehere
5. Konecny
6. Laughton
7. Hagg
8. Lindblom
9. NAK
10. Friedman

Surprised some of you are ranking Konecny above Morin

It will be interesting as to when Morin actually makes the NHL. If he is behind Gostisbehere and doesn't make it this year, he might not make it next year either. If Provorov and Sanheim go back to juniors, he will have to beat them out the following season. I doubt the Flyers will add 3 rookies in one year. So he could be in the AHL for 2 seasons.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
It will be interesting as to when Morin actually makes the NHL. If he is behind Gostisbehere and doesn't make it this year, he might not make it next year either. If Provorov and Sanheim go back to juniors, he will have to beat them out the following season. I doubt the Flyers will add 3 rookies in one year. So he could be in the AHL for 2 seasons.

Injuries happen. I have no doubt Morin will be playing in Philly at times, he may not have a regular 6 spot locked down (or he might if Hextall just keeps blowing guys out)

Gotta remember, out of the 2 guys last year, 1 guy played all year and 1 guy didn't.

Who's more ready to play in the NHL? 6'8" behemoth who can skate/shoot and has played or a 5'10" kid who relies on speed and tore his ACL and missed the season?

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
1. Provolone
2. Sanheim
3. Morin
4. Laughton
5. Ghost
6. Konecny
7. Cousins
8. NAK
9. Hagg
10. Stolarz

I have Cousins higher than NAK not because I think Cousins has a higher ceiling, just that I think he's got a better chance at being an NHL regular on a 4th line (and is closer too).

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Morin is closer to the NHL than Ghost imo. Hes better in his zone and Hextall will place a premium on that fact.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Injuries happen. I have no doubt Morin will be playing in Philly at times, he may not have a regular 6 spot locked down (or he might if Hextall just keeps blowing guys out)

Gotta remember, out of the 2 guys last year, 1 guy played all year and 1 guy didn't.

Who's more ready to play in the NHL? 6'8" behemoth who can skate/shoot and has played or a 5'10" kid who relies on speed and tore his ACL and missed the season?

I can't say because defense is mostly mental, in being able to make the right decisions at the speed of the NHL. Jamie Oleksiak was another behemoth who can skate/shoot but his decision making has kept him the AHL.

The two also have very different roles. Morin fills the shutdown roles of Schultz and L. Schenn while Gostisbehere would replace guys like Streit and Del Zotto. So we will have to see what Hextall does for the rest of the summer. Regardless, I think both start in the AHL this season. point being, if Morin or Gostisbehere don't make it this year, they could be in the AHL for a full two seasons. Same with Hagg.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I can't say because defense is mostly mental, in being able to make the right decisions at the speed of the NHL. Jamie Oleksiak was another behemoth who can skate/shoot but his decision making has kept him the AHL.

The two also have very different roles. Morin fills the shutdown roles of Schultz and L. Schenn while Gostisbehere would replace guys like Streit and Del Zotto. So we will have to see what Hextall does for the rest of the summer. Regardless, I think both start in the AHL this season. point being, if Morin or Gostisbehere don't make it this year, they could be in the AHL for a full two seasons. Same with Hagg.

Wait...who's going to be here instead of them? Provorov & Sanheim?

I'd highly doubt that Morin & Ghost are in the AHL for two full season.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Wait...who's going to be here instead of them? Provorov & Sanheim?

I'd highly doubt that Morin & Ghost are in the AHL for two full season.

I said or; whoever doesn't make it this year could fall behind Provorov and Sanheim next season.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I see MDZ and Ghost as being in competition for the same spot, which is why I don't want to sign him for more than two years.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I said or; whoever doesn't make it this year could fall behind Provorov and Sanheim next season.

But this is assuming both of those kids have proven more (at a lower level) to justify making this team over 2 "older" players and a "higher level" of competition.

I get that Provorov & Sanheim are more talented, there is no arguing, but as said with experience, Morin and Ghost will have that more so.

And its not like Morin is mediocre, the dude has elite skill levels in some areas.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
But this is assuming both of those kids have proven more (at a lower level) to justify making this team over 2 "older" players and a "higher level" of competition.

I get that Provorov & Sanheim are more talented, there is no arguing, but as said with experience, Morin and Ghost will have that more so.

And its not like Morin is mediocre, the dude has elite skill levels in some areas.

You are right that they could always send Provorov back for his last year of juniors or have Sanheim start in the AHL. Only will time will tell.

IMO Provorov and Sanheim are better all around players than Morin and Gostisbehere. I think both Gostisbehere and Morin each have a big question regarding their games at the NHL level. For Gostisbehere, will he be able to defend at his size. For Morin does he have the puck skills to not just be another Grosssmann. Those are on top of the big question regarding decision making at the speed of the NHL for all defense prospects that make or break careers.

That's why I see AHL time for both Gostibehere and Morin that could keep one of them there for awhile while the Flyers work in Provorov and Sanheim if they are as good as advertised.

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
1. Provorov
2. Sanheim
3. Morin
4. Laughton
5. Ghost
6. Konecny
7. Hagg
8. NAK
9. Leier
10. Freidman

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
You are right that they could always send Provorov back for his last year of juniors or have Sanheim start in the AHL. Only will time will tell.

IMO Provorov and Sanheim are better all around players than Morin and Gostisbehere. I think both Gostisbehere and Morin each have a big question regarding their games at the NHL level. For Gostisbehere, will he be able to defend at his size. For Morin does he have the puck skills to not just be another Grosssmann. Those are on top of the big question regarding decision making at the speed of the NHL for all defense prospects that make or break careers.

That's why I see AHL time for both Gostibehere and Morin that could keep one of them there for awhile while the Flyers work in Provorov and Sanheim if they are as good as advertised.

Who can come in and play the best defense in the NHL out of the 4?

I'd say Morin, which gives him the advantage right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->