Olympics: Your Country's 2022 Roster? (Assuming NHL participation)

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Give it two months, and people won't even be suggesting Kakko doesn't deserve a spot on the team.

After this season Kakko might be on my list instead of someone like Lehkonen. Also I'm projecting Kakko to make this list easily in few years, no doubt about that. On the current status it's very hard to replace any of those wingers. They are all pretty good and productive two way players.

8 spots for wingers and Kakko is at #8, #9 or #10. Contending for the last spot with Puljujärvi and Lehkonen. For me the KHL star Hartikainen would also be battling around those ranks. Then there is Haula and Kiviranta. Kiviranta was magical in the last playoffs for Dallas. I'm not sure Dallas would've made the SC finals without Kiviranta. It's so close between many of them.

Kakko's trade value says it all. If you would trade any of those players (of which are contending for the #8 winger spot), none of them would have the trade value of what Kakko has and not even close. That's because many project Kakko to get better than them and I believe that The Rangers made a smart decision in drafting him. Svechnikov needed some time in Carolina as well. I see some similarities with Kakko there. He will be like Svechnikov in productivity in my opinion.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
After this season Kakko might be on my list instead of someone like Lehkonen. Also I'm projecting Kakko to make this list easily in few years, no doubt about that. On the current status it's very hard to replace any of those wingers. They are all pretty good and productive two way players.

8 spots for wingers and Kakko is at #8, #9 or #10. Contending for the last spot with Puljujärvi and Lehkonen. For me the KHL star Hartikainen would also be battling around those ranks. Then there is Haula and Kiviranta. Kiviranta was magical in the last playoffs for Dallas. I'm not sure Dallas would've made the SC finals without Kiviranta. It's so close between many of them.

Kakko's trade value says it all. If you would trade any of those players (of which are contending for the #8 winger spot), none of them would have the trade value of what Kakko has and not even close. That's because many project Kakko to get better than them and I believe that The Rangers made a smart decision in drafting him. Svechnikov needed some time in Carolina as well. I see some similarities with Kakko there. He will be like Svechnikov in productivity in my opinion.

Kakko has started to play much better. It'll show up on the stat-sheet very soon.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Laine-Barkov-Puljujärvi
Teräväinen-Aho-Kakko
Granlund-Hintz-Rantanen
Kapanen-Kotkaniemi-Armia
Donskoi

Lindell-Ristolainen
Välimäki-Heiskanen
Jokiharju-Vatanen
Lehtonen-Hakanpää

Rask
Korpisalo
Lankinen

Trying out something a bit new for fun.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Laine-Barkov-Puljujärvi
Teräväinen-Aho-Kakko
Granlund-Hintz-Rantanen
Kapanen-Kotkaniemi-Armia
Donskoi

Lindell-Ristolainen
Välimäki-Heiskanen
Jokiharju-Vatanen
Lehtonen-Hakanpää

Rask
Korpisalo
Lankinen

Trying out something a bit new for fun.

TT plays on the right side with Aho. If they have them together on the same line it makes no sense to have him switch sides.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I'm sure he'll do fine on the left side. Everyone else is putting him there as well.

Just feel like if you’re putting him on a line with Aho for his chemistry then why not do it so that they are in the roles that they’re used to 99% of the time in the NHL Put someone else on their off wing if you are gonna have to have someone as a fish out of water in that regard.

But sure I imagine TT would be fine on his off wing as well but obviously him and Aho have great chemistry and are used to things a certain way

Reactions: JabbaJabba

HockeyFan101

Jan 18, 2018
Ontario, Canada
I know a lot of people have done this but here is my team Canada prediction if NHLers go

Fwds:
Marchand-Crosby-Bergeron
Huberdeau-McDavid-Stone
Stamkos-Mackinnon-Marner
O'Reilly-Scheifele-Point
EX- Tavares, Couturier

Def:
Rielly-Pietrangelo
Doughty-Makar
Theodore-Hamilton
EX- Nurse/Chabot

Goalies:
Price
Hart
Binnington

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Give it two months, and people won't even be suggesting Kakko doesn't deserve a spot on the team.
Your word in God's ear.
upload_2021-2-20_2-23-59.png

HockeyFan101

Jan 18, 2018
Ontario, Canada
USA predictions-

FWDS:
Kane-Matthews-Boeser
Gaudreau-Eichel-Wheeler
Guentzel-Larkin-Miller
M.Tkachuk-K.Hayes-Pavelski
EX- Pacioretty, Trocheck

DEF:
Q.Hughes-Carlson
Werenski-Jones
McAvoy-Petry
EX- Suter/Slavin

GOALIES:
Hellebuyck
Gibson
Bishop/Demko

Lartsaman

Aug 2, 2018
Finland
Team China 2022:

Brandon Yip - Cory Kane - Tyler Wong
Garet Hunt - Lucas Lockhart - Spencer Foo
Chris Seto - Alex Riche - Brandon Magee
Yang Hu - Rudi Ying - Jing Wang
Extras: Peter Zhong, Qianyi Huang

Victor Bartley - Brayden Jaw
Zach Yuen - Jason Fram
Mikael Tam - Ty Schultz
Tianyu Hu - Minxi Yang

Jordan Liem - Derek Dun - Zehao Sun

Feel free to disagree.

Lartsaman

Aug 2, 2018
Finland
Finland will probably look like this:

Laine - Barkov - Rantanen
Granlund - Aho - Teräväinen
Kiviranta - Hintz - Kapanen
Donskoi - Haula - Anttila
Manninen, Hartikainen

Lindell - Heiskanen
Lehtonen - Vatanen
Välimäki - Jokiharju
Nutivaara - Hakanpää

Saros - Korpisalo - Lankinen

Rask will retire and Ristolainen will decline an invitation. There will be a huge public cry in Finland about these selections, particularly about Kakko and Puljujärvi not selected.

Figgie

Apr 24, 2018
Finland
Finland will probably look like this:

Laine - Barkov - Rantanen
Granlund - Aho - Teräväinen
Kiviranta - Hintz - Kapanen
Donskoi - Haula - Anttila
Manninen, Hartikainen

Lindell - Heiskanen
Lehtonen - Vatanen
Välimäki - Jokiharju
Nutivaara - Hakanpää

Saros - Korpisalo - Lankinen

Rask will retire and Ristolainen will decline an invitation. There will be a huge public cry in Finland about these selections, particularly about Kakko and Puljujärvi not selected.

Hartikainen is the only KHL player who can be on the team and I believe he will not be unless there is many injuries. Can you give me some link where Rask says that he will retire? And why the hell you believe that Ristolainen would not come?

BL92

Double Gold
May 22, 2016
Finland
Hot take:

Laine-Barkov-Rantanen
Teräväinen-Aho-Granlund
Donskoi-Hintz-Kapanen
Lambert-Kotkaniemi-Kakko

Lindell-Heiskanen
Välimäki-Ristolainen
Heinola-Vatanen

Rask
Korpisalo
Lankinen

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Here's a stab at Team USA:
Forwards (x14):

Kyle Connor - Jack Eichel - Patrick Kane
Jake Guentzel - Auston Matthews - Matthew Tkachuk
Johnny Gaudreau - Dylan Larkin - Blake Wheeler
J.T. Miller - Brock Nelson - Max Pacioretty
Brock Boeser
Extra: Chris Kreider

Defense (x8):

Jaccob Slavin - John Carlson
Ryan Suter - Charlie McAvoy
Zach Werenski - Seth Jones
Torey Krug
Extra: Brett Pesce

Goalies (x3):

Connor Hellebuyck
Ben Bishop
John Gibson
Notes:
  • Definitely capable of bringing home gold but the top teams are all very good and everyone is still chasing Team Canada.
  • The deepest pool and best 'paper' Team USA since the '90s teams.
  • USAH would characteristically try to jam some undeserving and unnecessary role players on the team (paging Trevor Lewis and Jack Johnson) but I ignored that for now.
  • I didn't bother projecting the progression of our youngest players since it's so variable. There are a few really young guys (i.e. Quinn Hughes) who deserve consideration now and would be on this team if they keep it up.
  • Other players I considered:
    • Forward: T.J. Oshie, Brady Tkachuk, Alex DeBrincat, Kevin Hayes, Cam Atkinson
    • Defense: Quinn Hughes, Jacob Trouba, Brandon Carlo, Ryan McDonagh
    • Goalie: None
  • Some impressive young and/or newly emerged players to monitor if they can build on their notable current play:
    • Forward: Brady Tkachuk, Bryan Rust
    • Defense: Quinn Hughes, Neal Pionk, Adam Fox, John Marino
    • Goalie: None
  • Player pool depth is at a point where they can/should start considering player enthusiasm for USAH (with limits, so more for toss-up decisions and/or lower-end roster selections):
    • A guy like Trocheck (among others like Yandle, etc.) is good enough to be under consideration for a 4th/5th center role but he can't be bothered to play for Team USA despite continual invites.
    • Whereas a guy like Brock Nelson continually shows up for USAH (and is also currently playing better) and should get extra consideration for it. The same goes for a guy like Kreider.
  • None of the "old guard" should be under consideration beyond Ryan Suter as he's still a top player. The rest of those guys (Parise, Quick, Stastny, Brown, etc.) did a lot for USAH but their time at this level should be over.

The way JT miller is going I can see several of your honourables replacing him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->