Zurich
BVB.

Lewandowski - Haaland
Reus
Hakimi - Gundogan - Sammer - Piszczek
Kohler - Metzelder - Hummels
Weidenfeller

Coach: Klopp
God no, never want to include him in any BVB affiliation after what he did. He should rot in prison and never be seen in public again.

Shawn Heins 44

Sep 22, 2012
Zurich
Grasshopper Club Zürich

Zuberbühler
Lichtsteiner - M. Yakin - Gren - Spycher
Alain Suter - Cabanas - Johan Vogel - Richard Nunez
Chapuisat - Türkyilmaz

Really tough with a great bench:
Yann Sommer
Giovanne Elber
Roman Bürki
Kim Källström
Ciriaco Sforza
Marcel Koller
Raoul Bobadilla
Hakan Yakin
Eduardo
Mladen Petric
Munas Dabbur

How about Subotic then?
Much better, also their character is like a 180 from each other. One belongs in prison and the other should get a peace nobel price

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
BVB.

Lewandowski - Haaland
Reus
Hakimi - Gundogan - Sammer - Piszczek
Kohler - Metzelder - Hummels
Weidenfeller

Coach: Klopp

Wtf is Hakimi doing in this team? Replace him with Reuter. Also I would take Klos in goal over Metzelder.

That's also an odd formation. Who plays with 3 centre backs? Take out Metzelder and put Sammer at Libero which frees up a slot in midfield that can be used to make room for a guy like Zorc, Kagawa, Andi Möller or Götze even.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Wtf is Hakimi doing in this team? Replace him with Reuter. Also I would take Klos in goal over Metzelder.

That's also an odd formation. Who plays with 3 centre backs? Take out Metzelder and put Sammer at Libero which frees up a slot in midfield that can be used to make room for a guy like Zorc, Kagawa, Andi Möller or Götze even.
I just like Hakimi lol. But yeah he is probaly not making it.

With 3 centrebacks, Hakimi and the pole would get more offensive role i was thinking.

The 3 on top was spot on thought? Or could someone else make it?

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I just like Hakimi lol. But yeah he is probaly not making it.

With 3 centrebacks, Hakimi and the pole would get more offensive role i was thinking.

The 3 on top was spot on thought? Or could someone else make it?
I think it's hard to argue with them. There's a lot of good forward options (Chapuisat, Herrlich, Amoroso, Aubameyang, Koller, Frei) but none that I would really want to pick over Lewa or Haaland. And who would replace Reus in that slot? Rosicky maybe, but I like Reus more.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Holy smokes, what a team.

Bayern's tricky to do even if we assume that Lewa & Robbery would be the front 3.

It's tough to exclude Kroos, Ballack, Effenberg, Kimmich, Jeremies, Sforza, Scholl, etc. from the midfield...and Alaba should move to LB to make space for Köhler, Hummels, or Boateng; would also put one of that troika ahead of Lucio.

Reactions: S E P H

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Bayern's tricky to do even if we assume that Lewa & Robbery would be the front 3.

It's tough to exclude Kroos, Ballack, Effenberg, Kimmich, Jeremies, Sforza, Scholl, etc. from the midfield...and Alaba should move to LB to make space for Köhler, Hummels, or Boateng; would also put one of that troika ahead of Lucio.
Lahm to CDM, Alaba to LB, and Hummels to CB. That's a team that can beat international squads lol.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Lahm to CDM, Alaba to LB, and Hummels to CB. That's a team that can beat international squads lol.

Robben - Lewandowski - Ribery
Mätthaus - Ballack*
Kimmich
Alaba - Boateng/Köhler - Hummels - Lahm
Neuer

*Kroos / Effenberg​

Last edited:

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Robben - Lewandowski - Ribery
Mätthaus - Ballack*
Kimmich
Alaba - Boateng/Köhler - Hummels - Lahm
Neuer

*Kroos / Effenberg​

I assume you mean Jürgen Kohler? I dont think Benjamin Köhler ever played for Bayern or was all that good anyway. That said, Kohler left Bayern in 1991 so I wouldnt put him in a 1990-2022 dream team necessarily. I think guys like Lucio or even Helmer would make more sense given their longer and thus more prominent roles over the time span to be considered here.

Last edited:
Reactions: cgf and luiginb

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I assume you mean Jürgen Kohler? I dont think Benjamin Köhler ever played for Bayern or was all that good anyway. That said, Kohler left Bayern in 1991 so I wouldnt put him in a 1990-2022 dream team necessarily. I think guys like Lucio or even Helmer would make more sense given their longer and thus more prominent roles over the time span to be considered here.
Yes, my b. I know he was just there for a year in this window, but if the discussion was best players who played for these clubs rather than who was best for those clubs while at those clubs, I felt like he needed to be included.

If it's more about how good they were while there & how long they were there, then fair enough.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Yes, my b. I know he was just there for a year in this window, but if the discussion was best players who played for these clubs rather than who was best for those clubs while at those clubs, I felt like he needed to be included.

If it's more about how good they were while there & how long they were there, then fair enough.
I think it's a little of column A and a little of column B for me. Both play a role. I chose Basler for Hertha even though he definitely wasn't at his greatest for Hertha, but he's also one of the most talented guys to ever put on a Hertha kit, so that outweighs it in that case. I don't think the gap between Kohler, Lucio and Helmer is so large though. All generally reliable, long-time internationals for big teams who won a ton of stuff.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Deportivo La Coruña had some nice players.

Bebeto - Makaay
Rivaldo
Valeron - Mauro Silva - Dukic
Capdevila - Naybet - Coloccini - Pablo
Molina

Reactions: Ajacied

Elliman

Jun 29, 2016
New York
I think Kroos has been great for us, but should he really be on such a team?

Casillas, Marcelo, Ramos, Roberto Carlos, Zidane, Modric, CR7 and Benzema are no brainers to me. R9 is a fine choice. Varane and Kroos, I do not know.

You have plenty of choices..it’s Madrid…

personally i’d put Luis Figo in over Kroos.
Raul in over Benzema. Makelele in over Modric. Pepe over Varane.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Larsson Sutton
Di Canio
Lambert McStay Brown
Tierney VVD Balde McNamara
Forster

Celtic is a difficult one to choose. Do you pick the great players that played a year or 2 with the team or the lesser player that gave 5-10 years?

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Larsson Sutton
Di Canio
Lambert McStay Brown
Tierney VVD Balde McNamara
Forster

Celtic is a difficult one to choose. Do you pick the great players that played a year or 2 with the team or the lesser player that gave 5-10 years?
no Johan Mjällby :eek3:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad